PDA

View Full Version : satellite motor advise needed

specialized
12-06-10, 08:59
im running a hh120 stab motor which i bought 2nd hand 4 years ago but its been giving me trouble for best part of 12 months now.
sometimes it will move then it wont , then it fails to find sats and you aks it go east it goes west , wierd , and the usals dont work (tried everything) so i have to manually search for every sat.
i want a good quality motor with metal insides and i was looking at the ALSAT dark motor , are they any good ?.

paul362
12-06-10, 09:14
Not used the Dark motor (im not a fan of a certain dark place) I use the Technomate equivalent and its been solid for well over 1 year now and it also has metal gears.

Ask our sponsor about this : TECHNOMATE TM-2600 DiSEqC MOTOR UPTO 1.2m

Retired member
12-06-10, 09:25
We've actually ditched the TM-2600 for now, nothing wrong with them but price has started going up and up.... Switched to supplying the Superior Dark Motor now, all metal gears and metal housing, faster than the Technomate and at the right price. :)

paul362
13-06-10, 07:19
Maybe a re'think then if something good is coming from Darkman @last. (i presume it is something to do with him/them)

sacha35
13-06-10, 08:59
Can confirm I have the TM-2600 DiSEqC MOTOR which I bought from ********* on a 1MTR dish and so far it is working great, have had loads of rain and wind in my area and it always finds the right channels without any problems first time every time.

specialized
13-06-10, 11:51
We've actually ditched the TM-2600 for now, nothing wrong with them but price has started going up and up.... Switched to supplying the Superior Dark Motor now, all metal gears and metal housing, faster than the Technomate and at the right price. :)

why is your ebay shop cheaper than your actual homepage ?

Retired member
13-06-10, 12:02
We don't have an eBay shop, infact would go out of my way not to advertise on eBay such is my dislike of all things eBay and PayPal :)

Sicilian
13-06-10, 12:12
why is your ebay shop cheaper than your actual homepage ?

How can you automatically assume that a certain ebay shop belongs to our sponsor?? Bit of a bold assumption imo.

paul362
13-06-10, 13:25
Oh i love Ebay (sometimes) lol.

specialized
13-06-10, 14:58
ok chap's , my mistake , appologise's all round.

catseye
21-06-10, 13:24
im running a hh120 stab motor which i bought 2nd hand 4 years ago but its been giving me trouble for best part of 12 months now.
sometimes it will move then it wont , then it fails to find sats and you aks it go east it goes west , wierd , and the usals dont work (tried everything) so i have to manually search for every sat.
i want a good quality motor with metal insides and i was looking at the ALSAT dark motor , are they any good ?.

I havent got one of these but have you thought of the following
Have you tried starting from scratch -Ie factory reset your settings on box & starting again
Also check all of you cable & connections in case there's signs of wear, water getting etc
Does any of your coaxial run across the ground -Again check incase any pests have had a nibble etc