PDA

View Full Version : how to measure dish size

boxer29
20-06-11, 11:42
hi ,ive got a dish which i bought a while ago ,,its an oblong solid dish ,how can i check the size of it ,,i mean when you say 70 cm and 80 cm dishes
from the sides i mean left to right it measures 73 cm
and from up and down it measures 83 cm
whats my dish size then
will this be ok to get Intelsat 905 at 24.5°W im in west yorkshire area
thanks

Larry-G
20-06-11, 11:57
check this page

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/intel905.html

click on each map individually and it will give you a guide showing what dish size is needed to receive this location.

as for measuring the actual size, truthfully i'm not sure.

boxer29
20-06-11, 13:39
i know that site and it tells you the dish sizes ,but i have got a dish at home was lying around ,,want to check the dish size before i order a motor for it ,,and check weather it will be ok for me to watch
Intelsat 905 at 24.5°W
ive checked the dishpositioner website ,,and it gives a green line ,the point is the dish size ,,how to check mine

thanks

pooface
20-06-11, 14:38
Would help to check in particular the service you are looking for on that satellite... Some beams are not on europe at all, and have no chance of receiving...

Just looking at kingofsat, and everything on that satellite should be achievable on the spot1 and spot2 beams, which look to be with 75cm dish (unless in Scotland)...

jusaju
20-06-11, 17:08
hi ,ive got a dish which i bought a while ago ,,its an oblong solid dish ,how can i check the size of it ,,i mean when you say 70 cm and 80 cm dishes
from the sides i mean left to right it measures 73 cm
and from up and down it measures 83 cm
whats my dish size then

thanks

Hi
Offset dish.
Size is width.For commercial reason shops are sometimes advertising
height what is bigger.