PDA

View Full Version : Network drive headache!

Bat
18-06-11, 17:04
Hi,
I'm running a Proliant server with Windows Sever 2003. I can't get the VU+ to mount the shared drive. I can see all my shares in Network Browser, but when I try to mount one it crashes the Network Browser and I have to reinstall the image to get it back again! :mad:
I get a message " Some plugins not available: System Plugins/ network browser mismatched tag line 17, column 2"
I also get a green screen, I've attached the log files.
Is there a how to or some instructions because I can't figure it out :confused:
Cheers,
Gavin :)

Stanman
18-06-11, 17:07
Which version of the image are you running, if the latest are you backing up any settings?

Bat
18-06-11, 17:37
Hi,
Yes latest, just downloaded yesterday when box arrived. I'm not intentionally backing anything up, don't know if it is!
Cheers,

Bat
18-06-11, 23:43
Hi,
Just to add a little more info...
If I use Mount Manager I can setup the mount without crashing the Vu+
However the HDD icon has a red X on it and I can't access the files.
Username and password for the server have been setup in the Vu+
Cheers,

Bat
19-06-11, 09:12
Hi,
EDIT: No I can't do it via mount manager either, green screen and a re install to get network manager back.
Cheers,

Bat
19-06-11, 10:03
Hi,
Just posting a couple of screen shots in case someone spots what I'm doing wrong! :confused:
Cheers,

Stanman
19-06-11, 10:41
I see your trying as CIFS shares, can you do as NFS shares and see what happens?

Bat
19-06-11, 12:00
Hi,
With NFS it will mount but I get this red X on the HDD logo and I can't access it, or I need to know the next part in the setup to get it working?
Cheers,

belierzz
19-06-11, 12:07
Hi,
I'm running a Proliant server with Windows Sever 2003. I can't get the VU+ to mount the shared drive. I can see all my shares in Network Browser, but when I try to mount one it crashes the Network Browser and I have to reinstall the image to get it back again! :mad:
I get a message " Some plugins not available: System Plugins/ network browser mismatched tag line 17, column 2"
I also get a green screen, I've attached the log files.
Is there a how to or some instructions because I can't figure it out :confused:
Cheers,

I had the same message with VIX 2.2 in the beginning. Have you made a software update after installing the image? This solved my netwotk issues.

Bat
19-06-11, 13:08
Hi,
I did do the software update 2 days ago, but have forgotten to re do it when re-flashing the image.
Success following online update! :D
CIFS share is the one for Windows servers :)
Thanks to all who helped :)
Red X has gone from HDD logo, now a world logo. Drive fully operational.
Cheers,

Larry-G
19-06-11, 13:17
Hi,
I did do the software update 2 days ago, but have forgotten to re do it when re-flashing the image.
Success following online update! :D
CIFS share is the one for Windows servers :)
Thanks to all who helped :)
Red X has gone from HDD logo, now a world logo. Drive fully operational.
Cheers,

congratulations on getting ot running. if i were you i'd now go into the blue button menu and navigate the the image manager and make a backup of your image as it stands now. you never know when a working backup may come in useful.

Bat
19-06-11, 13:22
Hi,
Absolutely that's the next thing on my list! ;)
Then I'll try the next thing and back that up once it's working :)
There's no other way I'll remember all the settings otherwise! :rolleyes: lol
Cheers,