PDA

View Full Version : et5000 flashed!!

darran2166
17-06-11, 18:47
if i was to order one of these boxes when the guys get back from hols would it be up to date with the new vix image?and how many bugs are left in the system or is this now a very reliable unit?
i used to have a tm6900 but no unit at the moment and i been told linux is the way forward!!
how much looking after will this box need?and how long will it be given support for!!
the old tm6900 i had did not have lan and thats why it as some one said would be a good door stop!!!
should i consider any other box !!cheap dm clone (£60)or a open box s10 (£75)
any help please

darran

Stanman
17-06-11, 19:01
You wont get a HD DM clone for £60. I cant comment on the openbox but what little I know about it is it runs tailored enigma unlike the truly Linux boxs so you dont get many of the goodies and flexiabilitu of a true E2 box.

I have the ET5000 and its a brilliant little box, front looks sleek everything hidden behind darkened glass (I think ) It runs Engima so you can run any E2 image designed for it by any of the team but would naturally recommend VIX. Remote layout is and easy to navigate.

With any E2 box the image defines it and I am very happy with my ET5K running VIX, I can set up series link, network mounts, multiEPG, one press 7 day channel listing.

I would highly recommend it but others work considering depending on the budget is SOLO, DUO, ET9000 and VU UNO.

Whichever box you end up buying check out the forum sponsor before you buy. He is currently running a special offer for forum members - his on hols until next week.

darran2166
17-06-11, 19:51
thanks stanman for the feed back!!!just want to spend the right sort of money for a box that last for 3 years like my old one!!!are the vu boxes using the same vix image and were do i go for that bit extra for the box!!!
i was used to usb softcam unzip and update before, and never ran any cards but did well till the begining of this year !!how much looking after does the box require i believe it auto updates from someware down the ethernet!!!

Stanman
17-06-11, 19:56
The image can be updated online and regulary is as and when Andy improves it for a major rrevision / improvement than its a new reflash with backup of settings.
It really is easy to update, there are many picon makes like Licher and our very own Silverfox as well as channelist creaters again just for sly 28.2 - silverfox and multi sats - catseye and sgy flipflop and Vhannobal. Its very easy to keep them updated and if you can navigate you way around a pc it should be a breeze, if you know linux its evenn easier.