PDA

View Full Version : Probs. Streaming remotely

Alan Pee
16-06-11, 23:03
I Can connect my vuplus from HTC desire hd via internet remotely, list channels quite alright with dreamdroid but Vplayer won't stream. If I click channel to stream it just says loading and goes back to channel. But when I connect via home network,
Vplayer streamed it very well. What could be wrong here.

punisher
16-06-11, 23:10
Wats ur internet speed at home? Upload mainky?

Alan Pee
17-06-11, 08:31
Don't really know the upload speed. I don't think its high anyway. I will check when I get home, at work now. Could it be the problem?
What's the minimum upload speed that could work? I am able to stream within the home network very well anyway.

pooface
17-06-11, 09:43
All depends on the bitrate of the channel you're watching... Some sd channels are 2mb, so you would need a 2mb upload speed (more to include overheads). Some sd channels are up to 5mb. HD channels are going to at least 8mb upwards... So, your upload speed just will not be up to it in 95% of people... You will need to transcode it, so that the bandwidth will fit in your upload by using a slingbox, or using a pc and following some guides that I wrote on the forum...

Alan Pee
17-06-11, 13:48
All depends on the bitrate of the channel you're watching... Some sd channels are 2mb, so you would need a 2mb upload speed (more to include overheads). Some sd channels are up to 5mb. HD channels are going to at least 8mb upwards... So, your upload speed just will not be up to it in 95% of people... You will need to transcode it, so that the bandwidth will fit in your upload by using a slingbox, or using a pc and following some guides that I wrote on the forum...

Where can I find the guides to transcode via PC. I found this one on how to transcode
via VLC player: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3643-Guide-to-stream-your-VU-Duo-over-the-WEB-using-VLC followed the instructions but it didn't work. Can I also transcode on Vplayer because I can't stream on my HTC desire HD as well.

Alan Pee
21-06-11, 13:20
I am trying to upgrade my broadband upload speed to 2.5mb would this solve the streaming problems from vu+ to HTC for most SD channels.
I still can stream anything with dreamdroid outside my network. It streams very well within my home network. I tested my current upload speed
and its just around 300kbps.

punisher
21-06-11, 13:26
To be honest with ya ive gt a 5mb upload and it works ok, i get glitching and that still. Im hoping to go onto 10mb upload soon bt i think you will need something like slingbox if you want to stream externally

Alan Pee
21-06-11, 14:33
To be honest with ya ive gt a 5mb upload and it works ok, i get glitching and that still. Im hoping to go onto 10mb upload soon bt i think you will need something like slingbox if you want to stream externally
Would the slingbox work well with the 300kbps upload speed? Or do I upgrade to the 2.5mb before getting the slingox?

punisher
21-06-11, 15:22
Have a look on their website they have a minimum requirment for streamin to work on their different boxs. Im at work so i cant get the link but just google slingbox and just check unders specifications and it will tell u

Alan Pee
21-06-11, 15:48
Thanks Punisher. I just checked on their website and it says 600kbps or higher for SD streaming. Means my current upload speed is way too low.
I would have to upgrade to the 2.5mb first and see if I would need the slingbox or not. Does the store here sell slingboxes? I just
did a search on the store site here, couldn't find any.

punisher
21-06-11, 15:50
No but you canbuy from like currys or pcworld an places like that. Ebays a good place too or direct from the company but ive seen em cheaper on ebay

Alan Pee
21-06-11, 20:59
Thanks again mate. Will try ebay, I think it will be cheaper.

punisher
21-06-11, 21:05
yeh ive jus been checkin em out watched a couple sell the slingbox pro went for £80 and the slingbox solo went for £75 both in used but good condition ... so yeh doesnt look too bad

vu-duo-user
14-08-11, 10:25
deamDroid (beta) and Daroon work well together on my Desire S on SD channels. Streaming to other devices using VLC doesn't work on HD channels ether.