PDA

View Full Version : Configuring Picons In ET9000 (ViX 2.2)

The Bishop
16-06-11, 19:35
Hi,

Could anyone please let me know how I would configure some Picons to work in an ET9000 (ViX 2.2) ?

I have looked in the Picons forum and there are lots of sets available, however, as a newbie I just do not know where to start to set them up. I can FTP to the receiver OK with Filezilla so that bit is OK, it's the rest I am clueless about.

Praying for help !
The Bishop

Larry-G
16-06-11, 19:38
the easiest way is to use a usb stick, make sure the stick is mounted as /media/usb then place the picons in a folder called picon directly onto the root of the stick and reboot the box. VIX 2.2 will auto recognize the location and use the picons.

punisher
16-06-11, 20:06
have a look at this tutorial

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8712-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX

The Bishop
16-06-11, 22:35
punisher,

Thanks for the links and help.

Am I correct in assuming that the USB stick always needs to be in the receiver for the picons to work when setup like the above example ?

The Bishop

punisher
16-06-11, 22:38
Yeh the usb stick has to be in the reciever if you follow my tutorial or you can follow pheonix example by inserting it into usb port on ur pc puttig thr picon folder on the root of usb and then sticking the usb stick into the box and rebooting

No.Trace
17-06-11, 05:44
Hi there ...

I put the Picons direct on the ET9000, so I don't have to use a USB-Stick.
I copied the Picons to this place - /usr/share/enigma2/picon
Perhaps you have to create the picon-folder.

CU No.Trace !!!

Stanman
17-06-11, 19:16
thats using internal flash its always better to use USB and keep flash use low.