PDA

View Full Version : xvid playback

wordup3
15-06-11, 18:14
Hi I have a xtrend et 5000, I am new to linux boxes and have found setting this box up easy i have vix 2.2 . The only problem i have is whan i playback xvid's the playback is very jumpy, i have tried usb stick and hard drives, both with the same results. is there any pluggins that could help?

pooface
16-06-11, 11:13
I haven't a et5000 to try, but the xvid's I have tried on my et9000 have been virtually perfect. I've found the et9000 to be much better than the duo/solo on xvid playback, so would've though that the et5000 would be the same?! Only other thing to try, would be re-ripping the xvid file, as it might've been a dodgy codec used, or some other settings on the rip :confused:

wordup3
16-06-11, 12:21
I have a spiderbox as well and it plays the same xvid's perfectly, i thought this box with the dual core and more ram wouldnt have a problem.

pooface
16-06-11, 13:00
I have a spiderbox as well and it plays the same xvid's perfectly, i thought this box with the dual core and more ram wouldnt have a problem.

It's more a problem of the drivers having support for all the different codec and transcoding options from what I recall...

Stanman
16-06-11, 17:54
I have a ET5000 and have played back Xvids from a NAS and watched about 5 so far and never had any issues. The settings on the ET are default apart from screen settings.

kleinerjunge
16-06-11, 19:30
Same for me. Never had problems with any xvid files on my et5000.

cu
KJ

wordup3
16-06-11, 20:31
Some do work, but others dont, surely this box has enough power to play all xvids. my cheep tv dvd combi upstairs and my old sat reciver (spiderbox) plays them easily

Larry-G
16-06-11, 20:35
Some do work, but others dont, surely this box has enough power to play all xvids. my cheep tv dvd combi upstairs and my old sat reciver (spiderbox) plays them easily

it's not about processing power or ram, its down to driver and codek support.

pooface
16-06-11, 21:18

As pheonix says ... it's drivers. I answered this in post #4 if you'd read ;)