PDA

View Full Version : Deep Standby?

BadBoy
15-06-11, 11:19
Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?

pooface
15-06-11, 11:51
It's basically the same as turning the box off completely...

It uses far less power, but turning back on goes through a complete load up of the image again. If you have any timers etc, then the box will still come out of deep standby to record them. But, it doesn't keep anything running in the background, such as cccam, cron etc

andyblac
17-06-11, 00:08
If you have any timers etc, then the box will still come out of deep standby to record them

no it does not on these machines only Vu+ do that., the ET's do not support Deepstandby recording

pooface
17-06-11, 06:05
Sorry, I stand corrected...

Thanks andy

Sent with Tapatalk

ablyes
17-06-11, 10:09
no it does not on these machines only Vu+ do that., the ET's do not support Deepstandby recording

Is it a hardware limitation ? Or VIX team (or another one) is working to make it possible on ET9000 ?

punisher
17-06-11, 18:51
The image is pretty much the same across all boxs that we support so i think its maybe hardware limitations

andyblac
17-06-11, 23:48
Is it a hardware limitation ? Or VIX team (or another one) is working to make it possible on ET9000 ?

driver limitation, ask Xtrend for support.

jackzone
21-06-11, 17:36
Hi guys, what are you talkig about? My CT ET9000 (bought in Germany) does recordings from deep standby without any problems.

ablyes
21-06-11, 18:21
Are you sur ?
You don't confuse with standby ?

Larry-G
21-06-11, 18:27
Hi guys, what are you talkig about? My CT ET9000 (bought in Germany) does recordings from deep standby without any problems.

deep standby is almost the same as fully powering down the box and removing the plug, are you certain you have not confused this with standby ?

jackzone
21-06-11, 18:45
Yes I am! The ET9000 does have a front processor and so recordings or even waking up from deep standby (blue light around the power button) are possible.

jackzone
21-06-11, 19:30
deep standby is almost the same as fully powering down the box and removing the plug, are you certain you have not confused this with standby ?

There are three different states:

1. Complete OFF (by pressing the button on the backside of the ET; matrix display off; can't be powered on by remote control)

2. Deep Standby (blue light around the power button on the front side; matrix display off; can be powered on by remote control)

3. Standby (tuner and tv-out disabled; matrix display on showing time and date; can be powered on by remote control)

Larry-G
21-06-11, 19:40
There are three different states:

1. Complete OFF (by pressing the button on the backside of the ET; matrix display off; can't be powered on by remote control)

2. Deep Standby (blue light around the power button on the front side; matrix display off; can be powered on by remote control)

3. Standby (tuner and tv-out disabled; matrix display on showing time and date; can be powered on by remote control)

yes i am fully away of the differences between powering the box off and putting it in either mode of standby and deep standby.

pooface
21-06-11, 20:44
Well, I just tried a recording from deep standby here. Dunno whether it's because there was only about 30 seconds by the time it got to deep standby before it should've recorded or not, but it didn't wake up to record...

ablyes
21-06-11, 23:40
working for me too :) the clarke exit from the deep standy to record.
may be there is a new revision and i have it ^^ ?

jackzone
22-06-11, 09:54
yes i am fully away of the differences between powering the box off and putting it in either mode of standby and deep standby.

Ok, but you've compared deep standby to removing the plug and that's not correct and makes the difference.

working for me too :) the clarke exit from the deep standy to record.

As I said :D

steveharman
21-03-14, 17:37
It's basically the same as turning the box off completely...

It uses far less power, but turning back on goes through a complete load up of the image again. If you have any timers etc, then the box will still come out of deep standby to record them. But, it doesn't keep anything running in the background, such as cccam, cron etc

Out of interest though; will a vu+ Solo 2 come out of deep standby and record timers that rely on ccam?

I appreciate from your comment that ccam isn't running when the box is in deep standby, but will ccam launch again when deep standby is exited for a timed recording? Assuming ccam starts automatically when my box powers up from a full cold boot, which it does.

Thanks,

Steve

Trial
21-03-14, 17:47
Hi,
simple answer: yes

ciao