PDA

View Full Version : Coax Connection..

deano41
25-03-10, 19:11
Just a quick question that I have been unable to get the answer for unless I have been looking in the wrong place..When my Vu+ arrives I know that it has got twin tuners so does this mean that I use twin coax from my dish which is motorized and if so how does the connection work ? What i mean is what is the run from lnb to motor to box if you all follow,I think there is only 1 connection on the motor so does that mean only one of the coax cables go here and the other 1 runs straight to the box ? I don't know if i have asked this properly but i am hoping somebody on here will know what i mean as far as controlling the dish goes...Cheers in advance...

Twigman
25-03-10, 20:26
Exactly

One cable goes Box>Motor>LNB
The other goes Box>LNB

If they are both on same dish the tuner connected to the motor will move the dish.

Mine will have 1 tuner connected to a motorised dish, the other to a fixed dish though.

dfdream
25-03-10, 20:50
Only downside of twin lnb on motorised dish is the 2nd tuner can only view or record something on that sat.

Where as if you can have 2 dishes a small fixed dish on your favourite SAT and a motorised one for browsing is 100% best option.

You can record off your fav Sat on the fixed and look on other sats or even second record on your fav sat with the motorised one as well.

Other option is multiple twin lnbs on bracket with 2 switches one connected to each tuner. This will give you max flexibility with one dish. Plus you dont have to wait for motor to move. Switching is instand between sats that you have an LNB on. (Wave Frontier T90 can take up to 11 lnbs but must be a wiring nightmare).

Sicilian
25-03-10, 22:09
@ Deano41, for your setup using a twin output LNB cable as follows: -

Tuner A LNB > MOTOR > Receiver
Tuner B LNB > RECEIVER

VU+ Tuners settings: -

Tuner A
Configuration mode = Simple
Mode = Positioner
Longitude = Your longitude WEST
Latitude = Your latitude NORTH

Tuner B
Secondary cable from motorised LNB

bobonthejob
26-03-10, 09:53
I have the exact same setup mate.

Sic, has it spot on with the setup suggestion.

Works a treat...When watching from only 1 sat.

deano41
26-03-10, 13:31
Would it be better to have a small fixed dish just in case I go down the c/s route, say if I was the server or isn't this necessary as I don't really have a clue yet how that all works.. ::)

Sicilian
26-03-10, 13:34
You dish type would not affect your server.

You could have a small fixed dixed and a motorised dish.

bobonthejob
26-03-10, 13:35
@deano - This would prob be my next step. Already fighting with the missus when i want to watch/record something on another satellite. She is always on Sly UK.