PDA

View Full Version : Guide for using epg/timers

BadBoy
14-06-11, 06:52
Is there a guide/instructions on how to use this feature for recording what you are watching and setting up series links?

Stanman
14-06-11, 21:31
Not yet.
Timers are a one of recording and its green in VIX to set them.

Autotimers are like series link, and you can customize them so for instance it will record every instance of CSI on fiveHD or only those with a unique description (programme Synposis) or between a time range. These you do this via blue button in the EPG.

Long greeen press takes you to your autotimers and you can make adjustments on the settings for the AT's. Save and it will scan the EPG and put the recordings it finds in the timers list.

Short green takes you to the timers - these are the programmes to be recorded and you can delete and amend recordings via the colour buttons, any conflicts are at the bottom of this list in red.

BadBoy
14-06-11, 21:42
another question, is the info bar only capable of showing now and next?

punisher
14-06-11, 21:45
yeh but if you press the right or left arrows on the d pad you will get a quick epg which will allow you to view whats on the current channel and others too

Stanman
14-06-11, 21:50
another question, is the info bar only capable of showing now and next?

SHoud be there by default, press OK and it will be there
lik this:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/image_releases/screenshots/2.1/infobar.png

BadBoy
14-06-11, 22:02
i have that, but is it only now and next and not like sky whereby you can view more?

Stanman
14-06-11, 22:13
press menu>remote set up and change quickepg to long press OK.
than when you press OK for 5 secs it will have a bar there and you will be able to scroll either channels up or down with left right and time forward via down and back with up arrow

BadBoy
14-06-11, 22:33
I have it working, this time my cross epg download worked correctly.

BadBoy
14-06-11, 22:44
another one, within the multi epg how do change day(s)?

punisher
14-06-11, 22:52
iirc its numbers 6 to go forward a day, 4 to go back a day, 2 to go up the page and 8 to go down the page

andyblac
17-06-11, 00:13
i have that, but is it only now and next and not like sky whereby you can view more?

as default it is setup like Sky, press Left/Right arrow buttons and you can then scroll through the EPG for that channel (using Up/Down), but unlike sky, you can view the FULL 7 day forcast. to change to the next channel either key in the channel number or use press Left/Right.

andyblac
17-06-11, 00:14
press menu>remote set up and change quickepg to long press OK.
than when you press OK for 5 secs it will have a bar there and you will be able to scroll either channels up or down with left right and time forward via down and back with up arrow

no need to do that, Left/Rught is quicker by default. and Left/Right change channels not change time