PDA

View Full Version : trying to install usb pen drive in duo no luck

boxer29
14-06-11, 00:58
hi ,
i am trying to install a 2gb usb pen dirve formatted in fat32 at the back usb of the duo ,will use it for the epg ,
i have also got a 2tb hdd inside the box
when i press the blue button /vix menu/ vix setting .i only see there my hdd no usb ,,epg is set to hdd ,
i tried telnetting in to the box and tried to get the uuid ,but there its also showing me only sda1 ,there is no sdb1
what am i doing wrong here ,,
the usb is working fine

any comments im using vix2.1

sivhead
14-06-11, 07:28
Have you initialised the USB using the following (does the USB appear in the list below).
Menu > Setup > System > Hard Disk > Initialisation > Select the USB Drive.

punisher
14-06-11, 07:57
If you plug the usb make sure u reboot ur box in order for it to recognise the usb. Then go into drvice manager and mount the usb as media/usb. You can the use ur usb device for epg/picons

boxer29
14-06-11, 13:10
i did that Menu > Setup > System > Hard Disk > Initialisation > Select the USB Drive. but it only showed the hdd ,,and when i pressed the initilaize button it said that all the data on the drive will be lost ,,do i have to continure ,and after intialisation it will show the usb drive or what
i even took the usb out and the put it back in reboot the box but still the same

also did the device manager --mount usb drive ,,but there is no drive there ,,
what to do next ,,any comments

Have you initialised the USB using the following (does the USB appear in the list below).
Menu > Setup > System > Hard Disk > Initialisation > Select the USB Drive.

t.ph
14-06-11, 16:25
Ignore that post & try:
Menu >Setup >VIX >Devices Manager>Setup Mounts

Do as Punisher says, follow the other poster and you will end up formating your HD
Not all USB sticks are recognised & it can sometimes be trial & error

jrbmw
14-06-11, 17:44
Dont format the drive on the duo, just initialise and mount it

boxer29
14-06-11, 18:47
change the usb and its mounted now ,,
set the epg location to usb stick
blue button --vix --xmltv importer enable daily update in it by pressing the yellow button
time at 0545
still some channels are not showing the epg ,i mean the epg is missing on most of the channels
any comments
thanks

punisher
14-06-11, 19:00
just give it sum time it will populate itself

t.ph
14-06-11, 19:03
This can happen sometimes & it's down the person supplying the EPG
I only really use both the Rytec UK ones & yesterday it downloaded 37204 events of which i know a load were missing for the 7 days i have set

punisher
14-06-11, 19:06
for sky uk i have always used Open TV, its never let me down and works a treat

boxer29
14-06-11, 20:47
i have ticked the top one i think its some sky ,,
do you change it from the menu in epg
i will try others as well ,
thanks

punisher
14-06-11, 20:53
yeh you can change it from the epg menu

boxer29
14-06-11, 23:04
can the rytec epg and open source epg be enabled to be saved on the usb stick
i have mounted the usd stick as media/usb ,
i have made it to download epg ,but in vix setting to usb ,how can i do it in rytec or open source epg ,
thanks

punisher
14-06-11, 23:13
in epg settings make sure the epg location is media/usb and thats it, just download as normal. Its just in one location now where you point the epg location.

boxer29
15-06-11, 00:46
i ve done the setting like you have said ,,but when i check the hdd it has a got a folder in it with a green icon to left side and says epg.dat
is it normal ,,
or is it still loading it to the hdd ,instead of the epg ,,
thanks

punisher
15-06-11, 19:51
delete the epg.dat from the hdd and then resetup up crossepg or rytec whichever u use and download it again and it should go onto usb

boxer29
16-06-11, 10:54
i ve dont that already ,,and now its going to the usb
but in cross epg cant seem to set swap to max 96 mb ,,how to do that
cant find it any ware in the setting
thanks

punisher
16-06-11, 11:29
If you go into swap manager and create a new swap you csn set the swap file size there

boxer29
16-06-11, 15:51
ok will give it a try ,,do you have to name the file or just create a new swap ,,and set the file size to 96 mb ,how would it recognize that its for the cross epg ,,do i have to do any thing in cross epg so that it loads there ,,,or will it do automatically ..
i have got 2 gb usb at the back ,,and 2tb hdd in the box ,,is this ok ,,
what other things can i set up for the usb to do ,,so the hdd wont spin

Stanman
16-06-11, 17:47
The swapfile will be used by the box whenever it runs short of memory, as far as I know you cannot specify it for any one plugin.

boxer29
16-06-11, 19:23
Ok done thanks