PDA

View Full Version : DTT EPG not updating on 2.2

guff daddy
13-06-11, 20:06
I have a Hauppauge Nova-T tuner which works fine in 2.2 - however on v2.0 and 2.1 the 5 day EPG was automatically updated when tuning to one of the channels (Irish DTT channels). This isn't working on v2.2 (I've enabled EIT, MHW etc in the EPG Settings). Anyone else having this problem?

givecredit
13-06-11, 20:53
This is a RTENL problem, not a Vix problem. They have changed something since full public launch. Many different non certified saorview receivers are experiencing same problem.

guff daddy
13-06-11, 20:57
Thanks for that - yep, just checked on my DM800 and it has the same problem. Just hadn't noticed until today.

dfdream
14-06-11, 09:49
Did anyone get any reply from Saorview to confirm any of this.

guff daddy
15-06-11, 14:33
I contacted SAORVIEW and below is the reply - not massively helpful...

I consulted with our technician and also the RTÉ Networks team. They informed me that no changes have been made to the configuration of the EPG in the last few weeks and since USB devices are not approved receivers we cannot offer any additional insight.

My advice would be to consult the retailer where you bought the USB receiver as they may be able to help you further.

Best regards,

Jennie
The SAORVIEW Team

irishchris
15-06-11, 15:20
I contacted SAORVIEW and below is the reply - not massively helpful...

I consulted with our technician and also the RTÉ Networks team. They informed me that no changes have been made to the configuration of the EPG in the last few weeks and since USB devices are not approved receivers we cannot offer any additional insight.

My advice would be to consult the retailer where you bought the USB receiver as they may be able to help you further.

Best regards,

Jennie
The SAORVIEW Team

thanks for contacting them guffdaddy. but it does appear that although their pr department are saying that nothing has changed, that they have changed something. walker and other official saorview receivers are recieving the full 7 day guide and my samsung tv {supposedly soon to be certified} works perfect but there are reports of triax, vu+, technomate and others not working so it appears they have changed something in the broadcast epg stream to affect uncertified boxes {although maybe unknowingly}

guff daddy
15-06-11, 15:26
thanks for contacting them guffdaddy. but it does appear that although their pr department are saying that nothing has changed, that they have changed something. walker and other official saorview receivers are recieving the full 7 day guide and my samsung tv {supposedly soon to be certified} works perfect but there are reports of triax, vu+, technomate and others not working so it appears they have changed something in the broadcast epg stream to affect uncertified boxes {although maybe unknowingly}

Just for fun, I stuck the Hauppauge back into my PC, reinstalled the WinTV software (after much searching for the CD) and the EPG worked perfectly even though this is obviously an uncertified setup.

I also tried both the latest BlackHole and Sifteam Gecko images on my VU+ - both also have the same problem. Is it confined to Enigma2 receivers?

Do you think there would be any chance of Rytec providing this as an xmltv download or is the market too small?

irishchris
15-06-11, 15:31
Just for fun, I stuck the Hauppauge back into my PC, reinstalled the WinTV software (after much searching for the CD) and the EPG worked perfectly. Is it therefore confined to Enigma2 receivers?

afraid not as there are non e2 boxes, people with dvbviewer and htpcs with the same problem.
one person has reported the error as "the lanauge descriptor is set to "ENG" where it should be set to "eng". This is causing the problem, at least in my case"

dfdream
15-06-11, 15:54
Update -

Just got message from Rytec Guys that they have added RTE1, RTE1+1, RTE2, TV3 , TG4 and 3e for the Terestrial Channels EPG to sort out the current issue.
They cant find any epg for RTEjr or RTE News Now.
They advise disabling EIT in setup first to stop the over the air epg on saorview.

Note this has only been done in the last few hours (well done Rytec guys) so it all needs to be tested.

I will check in the morning and report back.

At least it gives us an option until we find out whats up with the Saroview EPG for us.

D

gipo
15-06-11, 17:37
Just tried it and it works pretty well. RTE 1 +1 is patchy as is RTE News Now. But main five channels are full up to 2am Tuesday morn. RTE actually go further into tuesday.

irishchris
15-06-11, 17:42
how is rte 2 looking for monday - on mine yesterday it only listed 4 programs and skipped to tuesday

guff daddy
15-06-11, 17:52
How did you do this - did you update the Rytec providers in CrossEPG, or what?

gipo
15-06-11, 17:54
Its full for Monday. Did this not start today, i thought? For Dtt that is?

gipo
15-06-11, 17:55
Disabled EIT and Open tv, then selected Rytec Uk and downloaded.

guff daddy
15-06-11, 18:47
Disabled EIT and Open tv, then selected Rytec Uk and downloaded.

OK - but you can leave OpenTV enabled and change the provider order so that Rytec downloads first; the OpenTV download will overwrite all the Rytec stuff except the DTT channels.

dfdream
15-06-11, 21:48
All.

Am testing the Rytec DTT updates for DTT but cant clear the EPG. Using XMLTV-Importer.
I delete the epg.dat and reboot and it appears back straight away with the dat I had before I deleted it.
Is there a new way to clear the EPG on VIX now.

guff daddy
16-06-11, 08:11
Have you disabled EIT? If so, try deleting the epg.dat and then just power off (rather than an orderly shutdown).

dfdream
16-06-11, 10:58
Did that and the epg.dat reappears when I reboot. Its not downloading the data as its there staight away.
Is the EPG data on ryvix downloaded somewhere else and then populated into the epg.dat (like the crossepg folder)

Also how can i update the source files etc from rytec where he has incorporated these DTT epg details.

Yes I have EIT diabled.

guff daddy
16-06-11, 11:15
I remember having a similar problem trying to get rid of EPG data - the stuff just kept coming back to life! In the end I searched the HDD, USB and flash for epg.dat and deleted everyone I found, deleted the CrossEPG folders wherever I found them and just powered off and on again and that did it.

Why not use CrossEPG rather than XML importer? You can update the providers from the CrossEPG menu, then download the Rytec UK data.

gipo
16-06-11, 12:02
Why not use CrossEPG rather than XML importer? You can update the providers from the CrossEPG menu, then download the Rytec UK data.

Thats what I did.

jgc115
17-06-11, 10:03
I remember having a similar problem trying to get rid of EPG data - the stuff just kept coming back to life! In the end I searched the HDD, USB and flash for epg.dat and deleted everyone I found, deleted the CrossEPG folders wherever I found them and just powered off and on again and that did it.

Ditto for me - that's exactly what I did and it's working perfectly. Thanks to Rytec for the epg and dfdream for letting us know!!