PDA

View Full Version : service searching crashes... 2.2

souroull
13-06-11, 18:50
5 times in a row.. was while scanning 3 sats on manual scan. will try individual scans and see what happens.

sent log no 946686848.46

punisher
13-06-11, 18:58
5 times in a row.. was while scanning 3 sats on manual scan. will try individual scans and see what happens.

sent log no 946686848.46

Have you got a swap file setup via swap manager?

souroull
13-06-11, 19:11
nope, nothing

single sat manual searching works fine, scanned all 3 individually

multisat was crashing it!

is it better if i report problems in individual threads or in the main one?

punisher
13-06-11, 19:17
nope, nothing

single sat manual searching works fine, scanned all 3 individually

multisat was crashing it!

is it better if i report problems in individual threads or in the main one?

Try creating a 96mb swap file onto usb by going to menu/setup/vix/swap manager and then try scannin multi sat and see if it works. But if you could also send the crash logs via the logs manager then tr devs can take a look and let you know wats up. A tutorial is here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9066-How-to-use-Logs-Manager-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

souroull
13-06-11, 19:22
i sent log already, see 1st post for ref number :)

you think the box was running out of RAM? the one time i glanced at it it crashed at 98% (around 3.5k services), but then again the other two times it was scanning for just a minute or two..

doesnt really matter now since it worked fine when done individually. would there be any other benefit if i created a swap file anyway?

punisher
13-06-11, 19:27
i sent log already, see 1st post for ref number :)

you think the box was running out of RAM? the one time i glanced at it it crashed at 98% (around 3.5k services), but then again the other two times it was scanning for just a minute or two..

doesnt really matter now since it worked fine when done individually. would there be any other benefit if i created a swap file anyway?

It just gives you extra memory for stuf like scannin multi sats as it ecomes resource intensive and ithas worked for those that were having problems prior go creating a swap so it has that benefit n those who use a lot of plugins too. But its upto u. If you happy without the swap then thats kool but if you run into future problems try creating a swap and see if that resolves it