PDA

View Full Version : Inverto Basic Kit for Single/Twin MultiConnect LNBs (SET1)

Donnie
13-06-11, 11:55
My question is does anyone have this setup ?
What was it like to setup ?
What dish have you fitted it to ?

What I want to do is supply two boxs and have the dish picking up 13e, 16e and 19e

Your thoughts and suggestions please chaps.

punisher
13-06-11, 14:27
Silverfox has this setup but he on holiday now. He used an orbital 80cm satellite dish. He said it wasnt too hard to setup and a very nice system

Donnie
01-07-11, 20:54
Up UP
Still no one else has this ?
Is it not as good as it sounds maybe ?

basilyoung
01-07-11, 21:07
I recently set up a four lnb ( quads rather than twin ) and it worked very well,

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/LNB/Inverto-Multiconnect-Systems

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Satallite-Dishes/Triax-TD88-88cm-Satellite-Dish

I used the Triax 1.1
but any of the TD88 will be well ok

centre the dish on 16 east ( or 15.8 east )

baz

allyb
02-07-11, 08:23
Hi,

thanks for directing me to this page. I am thinking of converting my motorised dish to a fixed dish which can get multi-sats. Needing advice on the best setup. It is an 85cm dish.
mostly need to follow nufc games on tv. would the 4 east be enough (28,26,19,13e)

Any advice appreciated :)

Donnie
13-07-11, 18:31
Decided to go for it and have placed the order with WOS, all being well I will keep me out of trouble over the weekend.

I will let you know how it goes and maybe some pics.

silverfox0786
16-07-11, 12:38
i got a multiconnect system up and basic kit will do u fine there is a thread here somewhere with a pic of my dish i'll try find link

EDIT: here u go found it

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8272-looking-for-slim-LNB&p=61375&viewfull=1#post61375

Donnie
22-08-11, 14:58
I finally set this up yesterday and all is working just fine.
Focal sat is 15.8 with 19,13 and 9 all coming in nice and strong on my 98cm dish.

@Silverfox looking at your picture did you replace the switches from those supplied ?

I don't feel they are of the greatest quality and also very hard to keep them waterproof.

silverfox0786
22-08-11, 15:02
I finally set this up yesterday and all is working just fine.
Focal sat is 15.8 with 19,13 and 9 all coming in nice and strong on my 98cm dish.

@Silverfox looking at your picture did you replace the switches from those supplied ?

I don't feel they are of the greatest quality and also very hard to keep them waterproof.

yes mate my switches are changed

infact they turnt out to be faulty and WOS gave me the option of like for like exchange or exchange for Orbital ones

i went with orbital as they are better and covered for waterproof needs

Donnie
22-08-11, 15:12
Thanks, that's helped to make my mind up. New switches it is :D

world-of-satellite.co.uk
22-08-11, 17:25
Just to clarify here as I believe we've not informed Silverfox of this. Your switches we're not faulty, they had been misslabled by Inverto.

@ Donnie, where your switches labelled ok?

silverfox0786
22-08-11, 18:16
Just to clarify here as I believe we've not informed Silverfox of this. Your switches we're not faulty, they had been misslabled by Inverto.

oh no you didnt tell me that

thanks for claifing this for me

oh well i stand corrected

man that was a night mare for me and the installer lol

Donnie
22-08-11, 18:37

No the switches were as the note you sent so setting up was not an issue.

My concern is the quality of the switches for our climate ( pi$$ing with rain all the time ) :D
The switches are totally exposed with no casing to protect water ingress into the connections, for now they are wrapped up in amalgamating tape but it look crap.

I will order a couple of housed switches so I don't have to worry about them.
I may even add a couple more lnbs as I have plenty of space for them.

silverfox0786
22-08-11, 18:45
i tell you what would be good

i got space for 2 more lnbs aswell

if the receiver it self had option for a 6 way diseque
and a 6 way switch

man i would love that

at the moment the receiver only can carry 4 way disque

world-of-satellite.co.uk
22-08-11, 20:32
No the switches were as the note you sent so setting up was not an issue.

My concern is the quality of the switches for our climate ( pi$$ing with rain all the time ) :D
The switches are totally exposed with no casing to protect water ingress into the connections, for now they are wrapped up in amalgamating tape but it look crap.

I will order a couple of housed switches so I don't have to worry about them.
I may even add a couple more lnbs as I have plenty of space for them.

The switches themselves are waterproof. I'd just wrap amalgamating tape round the actual F plugs/connectors. They will be fine, but if you really want housed switches we now have Technomate 2 & 4 way housed diseqc switches, but you'd prob still prefer to wrap some tape round the F plugs. Switches will be in the shop tomorrow.

silverfox0786
22-08-11, 20:36
personally donnie i would prefer the originals as i like the idea of them being clipped onto the elbow

just keeps it all neat

Donnie
22-08-11, 20:41
Thanks chaps, I will have a play and see what works/looks best.

Donnie
22-08-11, 20:42
personally donnie i would prefer the originals as i like the idea of them being clipped onto the elbow

just keeps it all neat

I know what you mean but I shall keep a close eye on that when the snow comes, it wont withstand much weight :D