PDA

View Full Version : Which full HD television model is best for Vu+ duo

unisat
13-06-11, 07:24
Hi,

Vu+duo users please indicate Which full HD television model is best for Vu+ duo based on your experience and why.

TIA

pooface
13-06-11, 08:44
The best HD television, is the one you prefer the look of to be honest...

The vu duo is unlikely to look better or worse on one set compared to another...

Personally, I'd say to go plasma over lcd, but that is just my personal opinion. Also depends on your budget, as to which set to recommend. With Panasonic plasmas alone, you have a wide price range on their different sets. Obviously, the higher priced specs have more functions and (supposedly) better components. E.g. the 42" U30 can be had for around £450ish, the S30 just over £600, G30 for around £680, GT30 for £1000 and VT30 for £1500...

My best advice would be to go to a shop where you can view all the different sets connected to the same source. Make sure you get the remote to have a play with. All sets are liekly to be set up to look best in the store surroundings, but if you can get to play with them, that's the best advice imo...

Also, moved this out of vu+ duo discussion, as is more relevant to tvs section...

jjp2701
13-06-11, 09:54
i disagree i think plasmas are not as good as lcd tvs i have a panasonic 42inch plasma and a samsung 32inch lcd tv and my lcd tv is far superior than my plasma tv, it looks grainy on my plasma compared to my lcd which looks very crisp, so i would say lcd tv or led tv

pooface
13-06-11, 10:04
i disagree i think plasmas are not as good as lcd tvs i have a panasonic 42inch plasma and a samsung 32inch lcd tv and my lcd tv is far superior than my plasma tv, it looks grainy on my plasma compared to my lcd which looks very crisp, so i would say lcd tv or led tv

Have you set up your plasma correctly?! lol. Get's back in to the plasma/lcd debate. That's why I said the best thing to do, is for the OP to go to the shops and check out for himself.

Stanman
13-06-11, 17:38
I have both a Plas ma GT20 and LCD Sam A656, have to say the picture looks better on the Plasma and you can actually differientiate between shades of black on the plasma, only thing is IR on the Plasma but not experienced apart from when I fell asleep and must have nudged the menu button on the VU and the ghost image was there for about 5 minutes and than went.

jjp2701
13-06-11, 17:45
Have you set up your plasma correctly?! lol. Get's back in to the plasma/lcd debate. That's why I said the best thing to do, is for the OP to go to the shops and check out for himself.

yeh m8 i have set it up correctly, i just think in my personal opinion that a good make lcd beats a good make plasma hands down,

punisher
13-06-11, 17:47
LED all the way :p picture quality looks insane on sum of the new samsung LED's and also the LG LED's

jjp2701
13-06-11, 17:48
thats what i want next punisher a led tv they look class

punisher
13-06-11, 17:52
Ive seen a few people who have them and honestly the picture quality is awsome, no black blodges or shades or anything, tru deep colors HD actually looks HIGH DEFINITION lol ive got an LG lcd at the moment and although i love the picture quality, the LG LED tv is superb and more superior as well as the samsung led's

hifial
13-06-11, 19:38
2 reasons to buy plasma & panasonic

To watch sport response time the best led/lcd 3ms plasma 0.001ms handles quick movment so much better

To watch movies true black led/lcd do not produce light there fore they have a backlight working all the time even producing dark colours if a plasma wants to do black it doesnt give out any light hence ink black (not grey)

stuattravs
13-06-11, 20:10
My dad has one of the latest panny 3d plasma sets, picture is unbelievable but whats with the buzz it makes??!!... it would drive me mental.

still my vu looks pretty good on my 6 year old samsung 720p set that i paid a sick amout of money for!

plusser
13-06-11, 20:40
LED is the way to go. And I mean proper LED, not the old ones with thick screens. I got a 22" Samsung which is about as thick as a knat's bo**ock, uses about as much electricity as you can squeeze out of a stone and picture is awesome.

+er

pooface
13-06-11, 21:29
My dad has one of the latest panny 3d plasma sets, picture is unbelievable but whats with the buzz it makes??!!... it would drive me mental.

I think that the noise goes much quieter in time... I remember my panasonic plasma 5 years ago being quiet noisy ... now, it's as quiet as anything...

as hifial said, blacks on the plasmas nowadays are so much better than lcd... But as stated, it's best to view them all together, side by side and compare. Only downside to doing this, is when one has been setup to look really good compare to the others, hence why it's good to have the remote control so you can play with the settings ;)

Nordicbear
13-06-11, 22:08
Well i have the best TV of all and that is Pioneer 5090H ( Kuro 2 ) plasma and also LCD tv at home to compare with. It is very expensive but nothing can compare to it what ever you say.

Blu-ray
13-06-11, 22:15
Samsung LED (3D) UE40D7000LUXXU series 7 smart tv surf the internet 5 years warranty included, £1199.00 other sizes available.

pooface
13-06-11, 23:20
Just found this when looking earlier:

LCD
Size: 19 inches to 65 inches
Manufacturers: All
Pros: Consumes a lot less power than plasma; models with matte screens work well in bright rooms.
Cons: Dark-room performance generally worse than plasma; worse viewing angle and uniformity.
Best for: General use in brighter rooms where potential flaws won't be as visible as they are in dark rooms.

LED
Size: 32 inches and larger
Manufacturers: All
Pros: Uses slightly less power than LCD; thin panels; some models have improved picture quality.
Cons: Expensive; most models offer little to no picture quality benefit compared with LCD.
Best for: Big spenders who want thin panels or videophiles who understand the differences between LED technologies and don't want plasma.

Plasma
Size: 42 inches and larger
Manufacturers: Panasonic, Samsung, LG
Pros: Black-level performance in dark rooms; uniformity and viewing angle.
Cons: High power consumption; glass screen can reflect light in bright rooms.
Best for: General use in all but the brightest rooms; videophiles who place a premium on dark-room picture quality.

Rear-projection TV
Size: 60 inches and larger
Manufacturers: Mitsubishi
Pros: Huge
Cons: Huge
Best for: Those who want the biggest screen for the buck, period.

Of course, this is a very basic, quick and dirty assumption, but thought would post to give you a little more info :)

mauri
14-06-11, 14:17
I have been a Panasonic high end plasma user for years now, hence my latest Panny 55VT30 looks stunning in the center of my Home Theater temple! :D

Tyler
15-08-11, 14:23
Sorry lads but a plasma is way better than an LCD.
I have a pioneer 50 inch which is a year old and the picture is far superior than any new LCD out today.long live the debate lol

Blu-ray
15-08-11, 16:29
99219922 I think the samsung D8000 LCD 3D SMART TV has it all internet, and you can watch tv on you android phone or tab.

digidude
15-08-11, 17:42
99219922 I think the samsung D8000 LCD 3D SMART TV has it all internet, and you can watch tv on you android phone or tab.

this is what i have, i bought it based solely on the 'connected' side of its reviews, as well as being fortunate enough to work with TVs so was able to try out all of the offerings from samsung, panasonic, sony, LG, etc, etc, before buying one.

i have the smart TV and smart Blu-ray player, both fully operational from my HTC

Alanp
16-08-11, 07:51
I would'nt even consider LCD, Plasma is way better having tried both. Have'nt tried LED / OLED yet

silverfox0786
16-08-11, 08:00
Aparently its PIONEER

£3k for a 42inch

Alanp
16-08-11, 08:12
Aparently its PIONEER

£3k for a 42inch

Ouch!!! must be a hell of a set can't belive its that much better than the rest