PDA

View Full Version : Few simple questions about solo

Allanf
12-06-11, 19:08
Hi all,
Ive just got a vu+ solo but im a complete newbie and i need help with a few things. Ive flashed the box with blackhole 1.6 and installed ccam which is all working fine. But im stuck now with these questions:
1) How do i mount a share on my NAS use as my hdd to use PVR functions.
2) The EPG is terrible! it only shows a now and next (and doesnt even show this unless you have already watched that channel! Could someone explain how to use a better EPG with a 7 day listing?
3) What is swap space and do i need it?
Cheers guys and sorry for all the questions!

punisher
12-06-11, 19:15
1) go into menu/setup/system/network/network browser. find your NAS and mount is and select use as HDD replacement
2) what image are you using as I am on vix 2.2 for my solo and the epg is fantastic using CrossEPG and OpenTV as the provider.
3) Swap space is extra memory. If you use a lot of plugins or have a lof of epg providers then you might want to enable Swap File. if not then you dont need it

Allanf
12-06-11, 19:23
Cheers for the quick reply.

Just mounted the HDD, thats great. Im on blackhole 1.6. I wanted to use VIX but when i installed the latest version it just repeated crashed and i got a green screen all the time. Black hole has been 100% stable so far. I can see a cross epg downloader on blackhole but it wont let me select it. It says must be configured before downloading. Any ideas? Just the EPG to get sorted out now and im finally all set!

Edit: Ive got a spare usb pen 512mb, so should i put this in the back and leave it there as swap space? Can this be done?

punisher
12-06-11, 19:42
im not sure about blackhole as i havent used it in ages and i use vix. but i guess you will have to configure crossepg first through the settings and then try downloading it. and yeh you can create a usb swap file but will need to make sure the usb is also mounted correctly

Allanf
12-06-11, 19:59
Ive got it all sorted, but i dont like it! The EPG that comes with vix looks alot better. Ive decided im going to re-flash with the vix image. When i had vix on last time i had all sorts of problems though, the main being that when i used DBE and ftp'd the channel list they wouldnt appear. Yet they worked fine on blackhole. Do you have any idea why this is ?

punisher
12-06-11, 20:23
Loads of guys here use dreambox edit to transfer channel lists over and works perfect. Jus make sure you chose enigma 2 in the settings and it should work no problem at all. Give it a try n let us knw hw u get on

Larry-G
12-06-11, 20:29
i use DBE with VIX 2.2 and the Vu+Uno and it works fine. but make sure you select reload settings on dreambox once the bouquet has been transferred to the box, or restart box manually.

Stanman
12-06-11, 20:32
You also now have integrated webbouqueteditor in the image so can edit your bouquets in your browser as well.

Allanf
12-06-11, 20:45
Just flashed to 2.2. DBE has updated my channel list just fine and ive got ccam up and running so i thought everything was looking good. However every time i try to mount my nas i get the green crash screen. When it reboots and i go back into network, half the options are missing. I dont have any browser or mount options. Any ideas guys?

Stanman
12-06-11, 20:47
Its a known issue and Andy was working on a fix, check to see if any uodates are online.
Also delete AUTOMOUNT.xml if it has been created before rebooting

Allanf
12-06-11, 20:57
Hmm i guess i can live without a PVR for a while. You mention an online update, i cant find the option for this, could you explain how to check please?

Everything else is working great now, and i much prefer the vix image to blackhole. Just a shame i cant use the PVR because i cant mount the NAS, but hopefully this will be sorted soon.

punisher
12-06-11, 21:21
Go to menu/setup/software mamagement/software update then try the network mount again. Also you nee to mount the usb via the device manager which is at menu/setup/vix/device manager and mount the usb to media/usb

Allanf
12-06-11, 22:02
The software update fixed it, everything is working now just as i want it. Cheers for all your input guys

Ive just got one last question, and this is probably the most stupid of all, but i cant find it - what button brings up the list of recordings you have made on your HDD in order to play back frpm the PVR?

punisher
12-06-11, 22:05
The buttomg next to the menu button with the R in it

bassethound
12-06-11, 22:32
Ive just got one last question, and this is probably the most stupid of all, but i cant find it - what button brings up the list of recordings you have made on your HDD in order to play back frpm the PVR?

you can press the help button to show you what all the buttons do but here is a pic to show which button to press to play all your recordings :D

Allanf
14-06-11, 20:35
Cheers basset :)

Just got another quick question. Ive downloaded the silverfox sky boquet, but the numbers dont correspond. I notice each channel has the correct channel next to it, eg 405 - sky sports HD, but if i was to type in 405 it wouldnt goto it. Is this fixable?

Stanman
14-06-11, 20:45
Cheers basset :)

Just got another quick question. Ive downloaded the silverfox sky boquet, but the numbers dont correspond. I notice each channel has the correct channel next to it, eg 405 - sky sports HD, but if i was to type in 405 it wouldnt goto it. Is this fixable?

Did you enable allow diplicate in the options menu? I think in dreamboxedit its in advance tab

Allanf
14-06-11, 23:08
It wasnt enabled no, but i just enabled it and still the same issue.

punisher
14-06-11, 23:27
yeh u will have to delete the current bouquets you have and start again as it would have corrupted the silverfox settings u have in there and enable the setting would only take effect on a new loading of the settings

Allanf
14-06-11, 23:38
I went into etc/enigma2 and deleted all the boquet files and rebooted. I have no boquets so then used dbe and then restarted again. Still the same issue. On my user boquet for example it still says:

"4 102 - BBC Two" If i press channel 102, it goes to "102 211 Bio HD" To get to 102 - BBC Two i would have to press channel 4. I hope im explaining this well! I dont know if its possible to even do what im trying!

Larry-G
14-06-11, 23:42
I went into etc/enigma2 and deleted all the boquet files and rebooted. I have no boquets so then used dbe and then restarted again. Still the same issue. On my user boquet for example it still says:

"4 102 - BBC Two" If i press channel 102, it goes to "102 211 Bio HD" To get to 102 - BBC Two i would have to press channel 4. I hope im explaining this well! I dont know if its possible to even do what im trying!

the problem is that you have corrupted the bouquet pack as you opened it without the allow duplicate entries option ticked. you must delete this pack from your pc and re-download a new one for it to work properly.

Allanf
14-06-11, 23:54
Thanks, im understand what you meant now, just re-downloaded and its working fine. Problem i have now is scrolling takes ages because of all the blank channels. Is there an option to omit all the blank channels or do i have to scroll through them?

Edit: Another un-related question, but is it possible to make the quick epg change channel with 1 OK press? I have a habbit of pressing OK once, then pressing exit to make the menu disappear, but that takes me back to the previous channel. If i press OK twice then press exit the quick epg menu disapears. Id like to make it so that just 1 ok press is needed.

Cheers

Larry-G
15-06-11, 00:06
Thanks, im understand what you meant now, just re-downloaded and its working fine. Problem i have now is scrolling takes ages because of all the blank channels. Is there an option to omit all the blank channels or do i have to scroll through them?

sadly no they need to be there so that the bouquet follows the sky uk channel line up. if you know the numbers for the channels you want youcan go directly to them but if you scroll through the bouquet you will have to put up with the place holder channels.

Allanf
15-06-11, 00:15
Ah well nevermind, i can put up with that. Do you have any idea on the quick epg question?

Really sorry about all these questions, im new to this and cant get my head around the menu options! H

punisher
15-06-11, 00:18
Have a look in menu/setup/system/remote settings and on quick epg, change the settings there

Larry-G
15-06-11, 00:22
Ah well nevermind, i can put up with that. Do you have any idea on the quick epg question?

Really sorry about all these questions, im new to this and cant get my head around the menu options! H

no need to apologize. we were all in the same position once and it can be rather difficult to get your head round at times.

Allanf
15-06-11, 00:23
I'd already looked through all the remote settings, i dont think its possible to do what im after. I'll just learn to start pressing the OK button twice!