PDA

View Full Version : Best EPG setup

joerogangolf
10-06-11, 12:51
hi guys,

does anyone know the best epg setup for 28.2. have problems where i have to constantly reboot for it to work. and sometimes it wont show the majority of channels. thanks .:)

pooface
10-06-11, 15:26
hi guys,

does anyone know the best epg setup for 28.2. have problems where i have to constantly reboot for it to work. and sometimes it wont show the majority of channels. thanks .:)

Might help to tell us what you've tried and how?

Personally, I find crossepg works the best... Although that can depend on the image it's used on. In the ViX image, the patch is already built in to the image, so just needs a download, and it imports it fine for you...

punisher
10-06-11, 17:44
I use CrossEPG and the OpenTV provider for sky uk 28.2e and it works a treat for me. I have stored it on my usb stick and download set to onve a day at 5am and never had any problems with epg

Stanman
10-06-11, 19:35
another vote for CROSSEPG, cant remember the last time it failed to download properly, have it set to auto update at 6Am and does it without fail.

joerogangolf
10-06-11, 21:21
just gave it a whirl and seems to work great, thanks guys:thumbsup:

superduperstriker
12-06-11, 01:11
How can I tell if my EPG is on the USB?

When I connect to my usb I only see PICON folder.

superduperstriker
12-06-11, 01:15
Just found a CrossEPG, epg.dat and epgimport.tgz on the HDD, can anyone advise on how to change to USB?

Thanks

punisher
12-06-11, 01:56
What version of vix are you using and have you mounted the usb?

superduperstriker
12-06-11, 10:19
Vix 2.2 - The usb seems mounted ok, didnt have to change anything. Picons seem working ok from USB.

Under Sytem->epg->settings, I have it set to location of USB also.

punisher
12-06-11, 10:27
delete those files from hdd, reboot and do an epg download again and see if it loads them onto usb as its working fine here for me, its all stored on usb

superduperstriker
15-06-11, 18:26
Did as requested, didnt work initially.
Left it, came back to it today and it seems like it is now storing on USB!

Going to move picons across now.

punisher
15-06-11, 19:36
glad u sorted mate, i just normally delete the files off hdd and then resetup and download epg onto usb and normally works. hopefully ur picons are a lot more easier :p