PDA

View Full Version : Which reciever?

sahiljamil
09-06-11, 19:32
I am looking for a hi-def linux reciever but i want to record programmes and series links, 7 day forecast like S-Y+ any idea or suggestions for which reciever is best for these catogries. I want to record and watch but not on the same transponder!

punisher
09-06-11, 19:35
whats ur budget?

Stanman
09-06-11, 19:40
SOLO, ET5000, ET9000, DUO and VIX image does all you want. First two are single tuners and last two twins.

Dont forget to check out sponsor when you come to buy.

sahiljamil
09-06-11, 20:24
No budget but at least under 350 but I do want the specifications that i noted I want to be able to have a good image support like the dream box vu+
I don't know about et 9000 and can I watch linux receiver on my iPad 2 at my work are there any apps or Guide throughs
Thanks for the help!

pooface
09-06-11, 20:30
et9000 and vu+ duo are very very similar boxes. Only differences really between them are hardware specs, remote control, design and tuners. From hardware specs, not really much in it. et9000 has slightly better processor and more flash space, but not really much you'll notice. So, it comes down to which remote you prefer (imo duo is better built, but et9000 has better layout), look of box (slightly prefer the et9000, but none fit in with the rest of my av kit as I have silver :p), and then the et9000 has hardware built in blindscan (which we don't believe the duo has, as it looks to only be software blindscan, which still isn't fully developed)...

As for watching on your computer at work, it all depends on your upload speed from home... What you'll likely have to do, is get a slingbox, or transcode it on your pc for streaming to the web...

Stanman
09-06-11, 20:34
No budget but at least under 350 but I do want the specifications that i noted I want to be able to have a good image support like the dream box vu+
I don't know about et 9000 and can I watch linux receiver on my iPad 2 at my work are there any apps or Guide throughs
Thanks for the help!

In that case either the DOU or ET9000 will suffice/ VIX image has integrated autotomer which is as close to series link as you will get on a third party receiver and crossEPG with OPENTV will give oyu 7 day EPG as well as VIX EPG which is a multi channel graphical EPG.
There are apps to allow you to control the box via android phone within the house as well as view on PC and IPAD - never tried it outside the house but believe it can be done but not HD - thats solely due to bandwidth.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
10-06-11, 04:55
You wont go wrong with any of the receiver's mentioned above. We're currently running a special deal to forum members on the Duo http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8742-Special-offer-to-forum-members-only!-VU-Duo-only-£319-with-FREE-UK-Delivery!&p=64728#post64728

Even though our online shop has a notice saying closed from the 10/06/11 for summer break, we're still shipping orders today provided you place an order before 1pm.

stanley1
10-06-11, 13:39
have both (duo and et9000), not much between them to be honest.