PDA

View Full Version : a few things i am stuck on

jjp2701
09-06-11, 15:32
i have installed my version of cccam, now which is the best skin to get as much info, when i press the ok button, like other sat boxes when u press ok twice it shown u the info that u needed ?

another thing is, i am trying to get it to work when i press the programe + button on the remote it pops up with my sat channels so i can choose my channel,

on the solo i changed the quickepg to long press and it worked on that but on this sat boxwith the same image if i changed that it doesnt change anything anyone any ideas on these 2 problems ?

Sicilian
09-06-11, 15:50
i have installed my version of cccam, now which is the best skin to get as much info, when i press the ok button, like other sat boxes when u press ok twice it shown u the info that u needed ?

ViX Skin gives loads of info with the first ok press, second ok press give program info.

Other stuff I need to look tonight.

jjp2701
09-06-11, 15:52
it doesnt sic i have tried it m8

Sicilian
09-06-11, 15:53
The default VIX HD skin does show loads of info, what are you missing?

jjp2701
09-06-11, 16:01
what ecm times and stuff like that m8, mine en i press the ok button

pooface
09-06-11, 16:10
it doesnt sic i have tried it m8

As sic says ... there's not really much that you're missing in the vix hd skin as far as I know... What is it you're after that you think is missing?

Also, you are using the latest vix image, yeah?

bassethound
09-06-11, 16:12
you should get ecm times and type of cam in the info bar if you are using cccam 2.1/2.2 using default skin

you can also see cccam info menu by pressing the blue button

jjp2701
09-06-11, 17:00
thanks i have got info working now, its just the other issue i am still stuck on, anyone know how to resolve it please ?

Sicilian
09-06-11, 17:04
I dont quite understand what your issue is, what do you want programme+ button to do??

Quickepg is best used using left/right buttons, but this can be changed.

bassethound
09-06-11, 17:05
im sure when one of the et5000 beta testers can help you when they read this post

Sicilian
09-06-11, 17:06
im sure when one of the et5000 beta testers can help you when they read this post

Its the same as the other ViX images, so same as whats on Duo, ET9000 etc...

jjp2701
09-06-11, 17:16
I dont quite understand what your issue is, what do you want programme+ button to do??

Quickepg is best used using left/right buttons, but this can be changed.

what i am trying to do is get the channel list up when i press the + channel button

i have tried quickepg and changed it, it doesnt change anything at all

pooface
09-06-11, 17:51
what i am trying to do is get the channel list up when i press the + channel button

i have tried quickepg and changed it, it doesnt change anything at all

Why don't you just use the arrow key up/down?

jjp2701
09-06-11, 18:01
i am used to it being on the programe button, so now when i use my duo downstairs i use the programe button, so when i go to bed and watch the tv on my et5000 i forget and it confuses me, so to make it simple it would be easier to be both the same,

just had my first greenscreen too by going to the device menu,

i cant seem to get my usb reading, i have formatted it andit is now in the format it needs to be, i tried grabbing silverfoxespicons but it was pointing to internal flash were it was gonna dump it to, how do i change it all so it all gets dumped to my usb stick ?

punisher
09-06-11, 18:19
You have to use a pc to transfer the picons onto usb. Either download the picons to pc and ftp them over the media/usb/picon/ or plug the us device into ur pc and transfer them onto to the usbs root so ithey are in /picon. If you download via pluguns menu it onlygives u flash or hdd option and not usb

Sicilian
09-06-11, 18:25
To change Quickepg usage Menu > System > Setup > VIX > Quickepg Usuage.

jjp2701
09-06-11, 18:34
To change Quickepg usage Menu > System > Setup > VIX > Quickepg Usuage.

i have done, it diddnt change anything ?

i cant even get it to recognise my usb stick, in fat32 ?

how do i get it to recognise it ?

Sicilian
09-06-11, 18:47
i have done, it diddnt change anything ?

i cant even get it to recognise my usb stick, in fat32 ?

how do i get it to recognise it ?

You not able to work anything out for yourself? :p

Blue button > VIX > Devices Manager > Green button setup mounts > Set mount point to /Media/HDD if no other device attached > Green button to save and click yes to reboot. Simples :zoom:

I'm using the exact same beta image as you with a FAT32 usb stick.

jjp2701
09-06-11, 18:48
You not able to work anything out for yourself? :p

Blue button > VIX > Devices Manager > Green button setup mounts > Set mount point to /Media/HDD if no other device attached > Green button to save and click yes to reboot. Simples :zoom:

I'm using the exact same beta image as you with a FAT32 usb stick.

gonna try that now sic, the thing is i am used to blackhole image, on that u just initialize it and it does the rest for u m8

Sicilian
09-06-11, 18:50
gonna try that now sic, the thing is i am used to blackhole image, on that u just initialize it and it does the rest for u m8

Well you can use Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk > Initialize if that's easier for you :p

jjp2701
09-06-11, 19:13
thanks guys all working nice one

Sicilian
09-06-11, 19:15
thanks guys all working nice one

See, take your time to get to know things ;)