PDA

View Full Version : new setup - suggestions please?

tagteam3283
08-06-11, 21:20
guys,

my buddy wants to move into the satalite world and thinks the solo is too expensive to dive in - Maybe he will upgrade next year.

Can anyone suggest a HD box for starters which uses a simlar image to the VIX i have on my dou?

Also what brand of 1Mtr dish, motor and lnb we should invest in?

We were looking at the Spiderbox9000 but im not sire if the image is only for the "free gift" only - He wont need the "gift". There is a box called the et9000 but some posts show problems with the images. Are there any other options?

Are the Orbtial dishes okay or Triax or does it really matter. We would like a 1Mtr if possible.

regards

Larry-G
08-06-11, 21:34
for a member to have had a account here since October 2010 you really should know the site rules. i would advise you read them over before you progress with this thread any further.

EDIT. thank you for taking heed and editing your above post.

pooface
08-06-11, 22:31
First off, you say the solo is too expensive, and then talk about the et9000 :confused: Solo is (can't remember exact latest prices) around £240, et9000 £340. For a ViX image, your only options are solo, duo, et5000 and et9000. When they're released later, the uno and ultimo will be supported also...

As for e2 boxes in general, there is also the Duolabs Qbox HD Mini, which is around £180 for the single tuner version. But this does not have e2 support like the previously mentioned boxes. Lastly, you have the TM800, which is around £200, getting better support, but again, not to the standard of the previous mentioned boxes.

Lastly, you have the non linux boxes, such as the spiderbox, blade 7000, tm5402 which are all hd boxes, but nowhere near as customisable as e2...

As for dish, I went for Gibertini as it's an aluminium dish, so lighter than the others, and good gain. But from what I've heard the triax and orbital are good gain too (not sure what they're made from tho). So hopefully someone else will be able to guide you better...

world-of-satellite.co.uk
09-06-11, 04:59
PM us your contact details and I'll give you a call. We really need to discuss your budget as you've mentioned receivers at very different price ranges.