PDA

View Full Version : Media Player

porche944
07-06-11, 23:02
Is there a user guide for the Media Player.

I'm struggling to find how to resume or move to a particular time to start play back.

Is there an alternative to Media Player?

Thanks.

rob76
08-06-11, 08:02
You can press the Help button on the remote which will bring up a slightly useful explanation. Don't hold your breath though, the media player is shite.

Stanman
08-06-11, 14:20
I dont use the media player anymore for those reasons. This is slightly more long winded but if you go into your movies list and navigate to where the file you want to play is it will than play back just like a local recording ie you will be able to pause stop, FF with the key numbers and use subs etc.

To navigate to the other folder, there is file icon at the top of the movies list and click on this and it drills up in the file structure. I am assumming you have the directory mounted?

porche944
08-06-11, 20:42
I dont use the media player anymore for those reasons. This is slightly more long winded but if you go into your movies list and navigate to where the file you want to play is it will than play back just like a local recording ie you will be able to pause stop, FF with the key numbers and use subs etc.

To navigate to the other folder, there is file icon at the top of the movies list and click on this and it drills up in the file structure. I am assumming you have the directory mounted?

Nice one works great.

Pressing 6 jumps forward and 4 jumps back.

Are there any alternatives to the Media Player?

plusser
09-06-11, 10:02
I don't use the media player anymore for those reasons. This is slightly more long winded but if you go into your movies list and navigate to where the file you want to play is it will than play back just like a local recording ie you will be able to pause stop, FF with the key numbers and use subs etc.

To navigate to the other folder, there is file icon at the top of the movies list and click on this and it drills up in the file structure. I am assuming you have the directory mounted?

Hi.
This didn't work for me (using Nemesis) - how did you I mount the directory?

+er

sonc
09-06-11, 11:39
Nice one works great.

Pressing 6 jumps forward and 4 jumps back.

Are there any alternatives to the Media Player?

Have a look at the Project Valerie plugin.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6449-plugin-Project-Valerie&highlight=valerie

The latest rev is 750 but it has an auto-update feature, so doesn't matter too much which revision you install initially.

pooface
09-06-11, 12:10
Hi.
This didn't work for me (using Nemesis) - how did you I mount the directory?

+er

You could always try installing the suomipoeka (or however it's spelt) plugin. This will give you a similar method of video player to what stanman suggested.

What stanman suggested is the default way that the recordings works in ViX image...

hex_inc
09-06-11, 18:55
the niggle that i have with media player is that pressing play on the remote can't get you out of fast forward. i have to pause while forwarding/reversing and then press pause again to play the recording. is there a way around that?

Stanman
09-06-11, 19:20
You can try the method I posted above if you are using vix, works a treat.

hex_inc
09-06-11, 19:46
will check it out tonight mate :)

i take it the media player is a vu+ item and not vix software then?

Larry-G
09-06-11, 19:48
will check it out tonight mate :)

i take it the media player is a vu+ item and not vix software then?

yes exactly

Richy-G
24-07-11, 14:17
at current when I create a playlist in media player it only plays the one file/track at a time then stops and not one after the other as I would like it . Possible to change this as I can't see any options to?

edit: mp3 moves onto next one in the list but mkv doesn't its just I had a selection of mkv videos I wanted to play one after the other in a playlist doesn't seem possible at the moment, unless im wrong

plusser
24-07-11, 15:06
at current when I create a playlist in media player it only plays the one file/track at a time then stops and not one after the other as I would like it . Possible to change this as I can't see any options to?

edit: mp3 moves onto next one in the list but mkv doesn't its just I had a selection of mkv videos I wanted to play one after the other in a playlist doesn't seem possible at the moment, unless im wrong

The Media Player is total pants, I'm afraid. For me it's the biggest drawback of the Vu - even the cruddy AZbug beats it on the MP front and that's saying something!

+er

Rob van der Does
25-07-11, 06:40
I take it the media player is a vu+ item and not vix software then?
No, the Mediaplayer is not a VU-item, VU+ has noting to do wit it. It's a third party plugin that has not been maintained for years.

As suggested above: don't use it.
The only reason you might want to use it, is because it supports mp3-playlists, but that's really all. I de-installed it.

dec2k
12-08-11, 10:54
really like the look of Project Valerie - haven't tried it though since some release back in the 400's. Does the new version support playback of audio files? If not, is there anything out there that could support a music catalog and album art - has to be possible considering Valerie has it for movies?