PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo crashes when mounting External HDD

mauri
07-06-11, 13:12
I plugged my HP Personal Hard Drive 750GB external HDD (with plenty of movies/mp3/photos etc) to the front USB port (the same happened when plugged to the back USB port). Entered VIX menu/devices manager - box crashed while 'scanning for connected devices' or smth like that.

Attached the crash log.

Is it the HDD brand not compatible with Vu+Duo? Model No hd7500s.
I would like to play those nice movies I have in there (My VT30 Panny does not recognize all the video formats in there and I do not want to get out of the drawer my multimedia player HP MediaSmart Connect...)
What I have read in this forum, looks like you need to format/delete volume of the HDD in order to mount it. I really hope I am wrong and that the HDD can be mounted without the need to format (delete all files in it)...
Someone plz help.

cheers

mauri
07-06-11, 18:06
I plugged my HP Personal Hard Drive 750GB external HDD (with plenty of movies/mp3/photos etc) to the front USB port (the same happened when plugged to the back USB port). Entered VIX menu/devices manager - box crashed while 'scanning for connected devices' or smth like that.

Attached the crash log.

Is it the HDD brand not compatible with Vu+Duo? Model No hd7500s.
I would like to play those nice movies I have in there (My VT30 Panny does not recognize all the video formats in there and I do not want to get out of the drawer my multimedia player HP MediaSmart Connect...)
What I have read in this forum, looks like you need to format/delete volume of the HDD in order to mount it. I really hope I am wrong and that the HDD can be mounted without the need to format (delete all files in it)...
Someone plz help.

cheers

can anyone give some help plz? :(

mauri
07-06-11, 22:28
plz someone tell me what should I do in order to mount the HDD and keeping all the recordings in it.
Can someone take a look at the crashlog and give me any advice. thnx

mauri
20-06-11, 18:25
No one? :(

Larry-G
20-06-11, 18:32
iv'e not looked at the crashlog but i would say that it would be best if you could copy the files to another HDD temporarily then initialize and mount the drive to the Duo and copy them back.

mauri
20-06-11, 18:51
iv'e not looked at the crashlog but i would say that it would be best if you could copy the files to another HDD temporarily then initialize and mount the drive to the Duo and copy them back.

I've thought about that, but I Can't do that, at least not without buying a new one, cuz there are around 600 GB of videos/mp3s in there. While my VU+duo internal HDD is running out of (it's 2TB) space... :S

Larry-G
20-06-11, 18:52
yes i know where your coming from, i have a 2 x 2TB drives full of mp3's although theres no way i'll ever get round to listening to even half.

punisher
20-06-11, 19:56
looking along the lines of what pheonix says ... you will somehow need to format/initialize the hdd but that would mean you will lose all data on it so try and find a way of copying them over somehow and then try it

mauri
20-06-11, 21:06
I was hoping someone could look onto the crashlog and maybe could shed some light into the 'no formatting option'... :/