PDA

View Full Version : .ipk Install from FTP

hippo1001
07-06-11, 11:15
Hi, ive just flashed to VIX 2.1 and when ive used my ftp prog to transfer the .ipk file that im going to install, the initial tmp directory does not show up in the root, the tmp folder show as being located in var\volatile\tmp and when ive added the file there and changed permission to 755 it does show up in the install menu through VIX however, when I run throught he install it does not show that it is unpacking or running through the install and just says restart GUI, after doing this and also doing hard resets the cam does not show in the cam select, ive tried running this through a few times following the info ive found on here, could there be a possible bad inital flash and the .ipk's ar'nt installing because of the var\volitile\tmp location or am I just missing something completlly simple

If anyone can throw some light on this

ATVB Hippo

Sicilian
07-06-11, 13:12
Have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

hippo1001
07-06-11, 17:36
Hi followed the tutorial from the post and it worked first time tried the file that I had been using and that failed again so it must be the sorce file that I had obtained, i'd origanaly seen this post however had dismissed the files as I believed that the .ipk fil,e was a good 'un but that old addage goes best to get stuff and INFO from a reliable sorce LOL

thanks again for the help Sicilian appreciate it fella :)

atb hippo