PDA

View Full Version : No sound being output from my Vu+ Duo. I feel kinda of stupid now! :O

mauri
06-06-11, 23:52
I had to move my Panny, hence had to unplug the HDMI cable. Did not move the coaxial audio cable though. I turn on the TV and no audio is output from the box.

When I enable the AC3 downmix, I have audio on my telly (through HDMI), but not from my amplifier. Maybe I did mess up the coaxial port?

(I did restart/reboot/hard reboot the box at no success)

I checked the analog audio outputs - they do not give any sound as well.

Plz dont tell me I have to reflash it again :'(

UPDATE: After I hard rebooted for the 3rd time (I'm impatient, didn't I see I am? :D), the sound came back to normal.

There is a strange thing though, the box is unresponsive for minutes after reboot. The front display showing a message " >ading ing... "

Looks like another hard reboot is needed...
Is my box going nuts or what? :O

hm, I guess that 'strange' msg is a shortened version of 'loading enigma'... lol
Another hard reboot 'solved' that thingy as well! lol

someone delete this thread plz. don't wanna inflate the forum with useless posts! lol

punisher
07-06-11, 00:26
lmao keep at it mate, ull get there :p

pooface
07-06-11, 05:25
Remember, with thede boxes, if turning off the power, always wait 30s to 1m before switching back on again...

Sent with Tapatalk

mauri
07-06-11, 10:57
auch, I do wait around 10-15 secs, believing that the HDD spins down to a full stop...did not think that it needs this much of time. I'll do that from now on. better safe than sorry! :)

xarqi
07-06-11, 14:00
The delay is not to allow the HDD to spin down. It's to allow any charge held in capacitors in the power supply to deplete ensuring that every part of the electronics really is off, with no possibility of residual data in RAM or on inputs to logic gates that might otherwise cause an unexpected state during restart.