PDA

View Full Version : bbc chanels gone.

Cabby
06-06-11, 17:23
Hi, Is anyone else unable to see BBC 1 & BBC Hd & Chanel 4 HD ? Have justed updated chanels using catseye e2. but still no chanel's . All other chanel's are ok.

bassethound
06-06-11, 17:28
Just do a service scan on your box it will fix the BBC channels

ch 4 moved freq a few weeks back are you using the latest catseye e2 posted a couple of days ago

BBC HD in DVB-S2 move

The BBC is to switch the transmission system for its satellite HD broadcasts from 28 degrees East from DVB-S to DVB-S2. It means that owners of some Freesat boxes – or those using a standard satellite receiver – may have to retune their boxes in order to continue receiving BBC One HD and the BBC HD channel.

In a blog post Alix Pryde, director, BBC Distribution explained the BBC’s principles meant the BBC was required to use the available spectrum in the most efficient way possible. Using DVB-S2 will leave the BBC with additional capacity should it choose to use it.

In August 2009 the BBC came in for criticism after a change of encoding software resulted in a series of criticisms from some viewers over the quality of its pictures. At the time the BBC’s acting controller of distribution Graham Plumb said he believed people were focusing on reduction in bandwidth, rather than the improved processing power of the codecs.

Launched in the spring of 2006, BBC HD is one of the longest-serving HD channels in Europe, and as such had continued to use the older DVB-S. When BBC One HD launched in November 2010 it also went with DVB-S.

***, cable and DTT viewers will be unaffected by the changes.

zola25
06-06-11, 17:29
they changed sr and fec you need to rescan these
10847 V DVB-S2, QPSK 23000 8/9

Larry-G
06-06-11, 17:45
this kind of thread really makes me angry.

5 posts above this thread in the very same section there is a thread called Sky-uk-28.2-east-NEW-CHANNELS

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3621-Sky-uk-28.2-east-NEW-CHANNELS

the above referenced thread was created with the express intention of stopping worthless threads like this popping up every time a frequency change is performed. i mean come on if you cant even be bothered to read a thread god only knows how your going to set up your satellite in the first place, without needing to be totally spoon fed.

Stanman
06-06-11, 17:54
Don t beat about the bush Phenoix, say whats on your mind:D:D

Larry-G
06-06-11, 17:56
Don t beat about the bush Phenoix, say whats on your mind:D:D

haven't you read my signature bar ?

Stanman
06-06-11, 18:27
I have mate, post was tongue firmly in cheek, but I share the sentiment you expressed.:thumbsup:

punisher
06-06-11, 19:23
just gonna go update mine now :p

Simon_Gardner
07-06-11, 09:03

5 posts above this thread in the very same section there is a thread called Sky-uk-28.2-east-NEW-CHANNELS

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3621-Sky-uk-28.2-east-NEW-CHANNELS

the above referenced thread was created with the express intention of stopping worthless threads like this popping up every time a frequency change is performed. i mean come on if you cant even be bothered to read a thread god only knows how your going to set up your satellite in the first place, without needing to be totally spoon fed.

Yeah but it's not a new channel or a frequency change now is it? BBC1HD and BBCHD have moved to DVB-S2 which is not quite the same thing. I have met at least one person who's Spanish Panasonic telly appears not to be capable of DVB-S2 at all. So he is b******d.

Incidentally, I found "Add new channels" on the 'Other Sat' side and an "Auto Setup" from scratch on the FreeSat side worked on my Panasonic.

There appears to be a particular problem also with Irish Sky boxes.

pooface
07-06-11, 11:20
Yeah but it's not a new channel or a frequency change now is it? BBC1HD and BBCHD have moved to DVB-S2 which is not quite the same thing. I have met at least one person who's Spanish Panasonic telly appears not to be capable of DVB-S2 at all. So he is b******d.

Incidentally, I found "Add new channels" on the 'Other Sat' side and an "Auto Setup" from scratch on the FreeSat side worked on my Panasonic.

There appears to be a particular problem also with Irish Sky boxes.

But it kind of is the same thing...

You try going to the channel, if it doesn't come up, do a fresh scan...

If you'd read phoenix's post, you would know that there was a change with bbc hd channels...

punisher
07-06-11, 11:31
A rescan sorted mine out

The Bishop
07-06-11, 11:37

Give it to em straight phoenix, straight from the hip.

Simon_Gardner
07-06-11, 11:37
If you'd read phoenix's post, you would know that there was a change with bbc hd channels...

I knew there was a change as I read http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2011/06/changes_to_bbc_hd_channels_on.html when the BBC tweeted it last week. It's still neither new channels nor a frequency change.