PDA

View Full Version : Sundtek Sky Ultimate USB DVB S2

Alanp
06-06-11, 11:40
Hi has anyone had any success with this usb tuner on the Duo I have had limited success with the VIX 2.1.4 image basiclly working for a short time before getting a tune failed message maybe it will work on other images, I was just wondering before trying this if anyone had already tried Thanks Alan

punisher
06-06-11, 13:02
A couple of the guys have 1 but having similar problems to you. It seems a driver issue whih is beig sent to sundtek to have a look. Will let you guys know wat happens but at the moment it doesnt work properly

sundtek
08-06-11, 19:50
hmm.. this might seem like a delay issue maybe.

1. Dreambox tunes to a channel (maximum delay is around 600 milliseconds) as far as I remember
2. it will check for a lock (maybe at the first time the channel is not locked yet and will return not locked)
3. it starts to work because the decoder chip finally locked to the stream

if that's the case we only need to add some delay to the tuning procedure.

we will do some more tests next week with DVB-S/S2 and settopboxes, unfortunately we can only test with pattern generator in the office which always has a perfect signal.

bassethound
08-06-11, 20:20
Thanks for posting sundtek im sure a few members will be happy that you are actively work on a fix for the Ultimate USB DVB S2

mbo
11-06-11, 04:28
Hi,
while the tunning problem is one, the second is the AC3 audio problem which seems to be related to ViX image rather than the Sundtek driver. I will allow myself to paste my post from the Sundtek forum and the Sundtek answer for this:

"I've the problem with the DD audio. All mpg audio works ok. Now if I change to channel with DD audio, there is no sound. I have DD downmix set to NO as default. If I turn the DD downmix to ON the audio appears as expected. If I turn it back to NO, the sound disapears but after appr. 5 sec the DD start to work as it should. If I change the channel again I have to do the downmix trick again for any DD audio to be sent to my receiver.

If I record the show with DD and no downmix turned ON, it plays back with DD audio working perfectly (no trick required)."

And the answer I received is:

"We reported this again to VU+

Unfortunately from our side there's nothing we can do here, we can just pass the audio data to the VU+ system and rely on the decoding of their interface.
What we can imagine is that the interface is hardcoded to mp2/3 on their side, let's see what they will reply to our last emails... "

So hopefully the developers can have a look atthis issue as well.

Thanks

EDIT: I should add that this is on Soundtek Home edition on Australian Terrestrial TV, the audio sent to AVR via HDMI output.

Alanp
11-06-11, 18:22
Sometimes it will tune and hold the signal for 10 to 15 mins before the tune failed message but most times a lot less

hmm.. this might seem like a delay issue maybe.

1. Dreambox tunes to a channel (maximum delay is around 600 milliseconds) as far as I remember
2. it will check for a lock (maybe at the first time the channel is not locked yet and will return not locked)
3. it starts to work because the decoder chip finally locked to the stream

if that's the case we only need to add some delay to the tuning procedure.

we will do some more tests next week with DVB-S/S2 and settopboxes, unfortunately we can only test with pattern generator in the office which always has a perfect signal.

Alanp
27-06-11, 11:54
Also emailed this problem to sundtek a while ago but received no response anybody else have one of these tuners

Alanp
06-07-11, 11:30
Asked question again on sundtek about VU support got this answer

We just updated the latest Linux driver, although if you experience any issue the first thing we would do would be to put you on the list for a new device, the manufacturing of the latest DVB-S/S2 devices will start at the end of June and (unfortunately) will take around 3-4 weeks.

Supporting old devices won't help us to get further, so replacing them with the more powerful newer DVB-S/S2 device is the better way to go for everyone.

punisher
06-07-11, 13:44
Thanks for that update alan. Lets jus hope the newer hardware works beter with the new drivers

sundtek
12-09-11, 22:19
Our new DVB-S/S2 devices are ready, the feedback is also very good now.

Difference between old and new tuners:
* Much better sensitivity
* Short circuit protection
* Works with several active multiswitches without AC adapter (please note it can only output around 70mA for this, so it also depends on the LNB cable + length)

So far the tuner is tested with ET9000 Astra 19.2, and DM800SE Astra 19.2.

Alanp
14-09-11, 16:53
Ok received my replacement tuner yesterday installed the latest development driver I can confirm it now works flawlessly on my Duo using VIX 2.2.110

Stanman
14-09-11, 18:30
Are the HD channel good? is pic quality the same as internal tuners?

Rob van der Does
14-09-11, 19:06
And does the tuner also work fine on encrypted channels?

Alanp
14-09-11, 20:14
Are the HD channel good? is pic quality the same as internal tuners?

Yes the HD channel quality is equally as good as the internal tuners of the DUO

Alanp
14-09-11, 20:17
And does the tuner also work fine on encrypted channels?

Works on all channels including encrypted would just add it does not show server info and ecm times though (using magic hd skin)

Sicilian
15-09-11, 09:31
Can this tuner be connected to a Diseqc motor? I'm think proberbly not, but can anyone confirm?

silverfox0786
15-09-11, 16:27
As far as I knew the old models did not but it may have changed

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Alanp
15-09-11, 20:23
As far as I knew the old models did not but it may have changed

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I dont have a motor yet so unable to help with this but sundtek should know

Alanp
15-09-11, 20:30
This is the driver info

Version: sundtek_installer_110909.1537.sh

* added DVB_netTuner_starten.sh and DVB_netTuner_autostart.sh (16. April 2011)
* Added support for alternative RC5 remote controls (19/20. April 2011)
* Updated analogTV of first ATSC generation (22. April 2011)
* remote control mechanism is now managed per device (23. April 2011)
* Updated delay for automatic loading of network driver instances (23. April 2011)
* Updated RC5 support for 8 bit remote controls (25. April 2011)
* added WSS demodulation support in the driver:

Zitat

WSS_4_3_FULL
WSS_14_9_LETTERBOX_CENTRE
WSS_14_9_LETTERBOX_TOP
WSS_16_9_LETTERBOX_CENTRE
WSS_16_9_LETTERBOX_TOP
WSS_16_9_LETTERBOX_DEEPER
WSS_14_9_FULL_HEIGHT_4_3
WSS_16_9_FULL_HEIGHT_16_9
WSS_UNABLE_TO_DEMODULATE (wurde ab dem 28. April hinzugefügt)

driver will run a script which is defined in /etc/sundtek.conf keyword wss_callback (27. April 2011)
* added wss timeout option in case WSS could not be demodulated wss_demodulation_timeout=[value in milliseconds]. (28. April 2011)
* Updated RC5 support to 16 bit (28. April 2011)
* Updated DVB-S2 QPSK support (28. April 2011)
* added C-Band option (28. April 2011)

* added support for devices which won't require active AC adapters for active multiswitches (25. May 2011)
* added support to read the signal statistics (value in ESNO) (25. May 2011)
* added support to change transfer type between Bulk and Iso (25. May 2011)
* updated initialization of S2 dongle - fixes red light when connecting the stick (30. May 2011)
* added option to set voltage to 0V (30. May 2011)

* added option to initially set the analogTV audio volume (valid range 0 - 127), eg. in /etc/sundtek.conf volume=127 (customerrequest, 15. June 2011)
* updated driver to show how many clients are connected to a certain device via network (customerrequest, 15. June 2011)
* updated devicedetection in order to support bugged linux kernelversions (customerrequest, 15. June 2011)

* Update OpenPLI System support (customerrequest, 20. June 2011)
* Update DMX_SET_BUFFER_SIZE, returnvalue is now 0 (customerrequest, 22. June 2011)

* Update DVB-S/S2 Demodulator/Tuner driver including firmware (28. June 2011)
- standby only requires a few milliseconds with new firmware (28. June 2011)
- Diseqc and tone won't be resetted after standby (28. June 2011)

* support for Microsoft Mediacenter remote controls, RC6 Mode 6A (customerrequest, 29. June 2011)

* Update RC6 Support, mce_rc6 can be loaded directly (customerrequest, 30. Juni 2011)

Zitat

/opt/bin/mediaclient -s 3
/opt/bin/mediaclient -l
Using device: /dev/mediainput0
supported remote control protocols:
id protocol name
0 .. NEC IR Protocol
1 .. RC5 IR Protocol
2 .. RC6 Mode0 IR Protocol
3 .. RC6 Mode6A IR Protocol (active)
/opt/bin/mediaclient --setrcmap=/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce

* Fix ATSC (USB Stick Version 1) driverupdate for new firmware (30. June 2011)
* Update OpenPLI Support for Dreambox (customerrequest, 30. June 2011)

* Support Clarke Tech ET5000 (customerrequest, 2. Juli 2011)

* AnalogTV Plugin Support (customerrequest, 26. Juli 2011)
(Add support for external plugins to support certain new optional features eg. encoding).

* Pluginsupport für AnalogTV um die Funktionalität des Treibers zu erweitern (26. Juli 2011).

* Update DVB-S/S2 Support for upcoming devices for northern europe (z.B. Thor5) (7. August 2011)
* Update Clarke Tech ET9000 (new Image) support (customerrequest, 7. August 2011)
* Update ReadyNAS Support (customerrequest, 7. August 2011)

* Update Clarke Tech/XTrend ET5000/OpenPLI 2.1 (new Image) Support (customerrequest, 8. August 2011)

* Support for usb_transaction_delay in /etc/sundtek.conf for throtteling the USB device setup (8. August 2011)

* fix short analogTV audio clicking issue within the first second (11. August 2011)
* Fix WSS Unable to demodulate when option is not set (11. August 2011)

* fix memory leak in network support (customerrequest, 19. August 2011)
* USB 1.1 Support for Bulk Modus for DVB-C und DVB-T, especially for Embedded Boards (customerrequest, 19. August 2011)

* enhanced video stabilization for new AnalogTV devices (22. August 2011)

* Further updates for new DVB-S/S2 devices for northern europe (24. August 2011)
* lowered remote control key repeat rate (24. August 2011)
* Updated latest Kaffeine version to be able to handle the driver with KDE 4.6 (24. August 2011)

* DVB-S/S2 Option for enforcing 0V - tone OFF (29. August 2011)
* Updated device notification support (29. August 2011)

* Fix VLC support for new analogTV plugin API for custom encoders (30. August 2011)

* moved analogTV 2px to the left (31. August 2011)

* --readsignal also prints the MER (customerrequest, 1. September 2011)

* added vtuner_skip0 and vtuner_skip1 Option to /etc/sundtek.conf (1. September 2011)

* Dreambox scripts are trying to detect sundtek devices automatically (1. September 2011)

* enhanced Dreambox Devicemanagement (1. September 2011)

* libmcsimple is not linked against libmediaclient anymore (yaVDR developerfeedback, 1. September 2011)

* Dreambox Devicemanagement Dreambox bugfix (2. September 2011)

* Dreambox, allow support for disabling the PID filter (8. September 2011)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually installed the development driver but the description for this reads ''As for 8. September, there are no changes compared with the current stable driver.''