PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo or the xtrend ET9000

boxer29
05-06-11, 22:12
hi ,
just a question , which one is a better box out of these two ,,i mean spec wise ,speed wise ,stability and future proof
1a pic quality on sd and hd channels
1 also does the et 9000 is it a clone or mede by clarke tech ??
2 does it do iptv if you have subscribed
3 youtube search facility
4 internet browsing
thanks

pooface
05-06-11, 22:21
both boxes are much of the same...

1a. They're both quite similar, but I personally think that the et9000 gives a slightly better picture. Nothing that would make me choose it if another reason outweighed it on the duo.
1. et9000 are now all xtrend iirc. Basically, clark-tech first bought them out, but xtrend are now the manufactuers releasing them. They are not clones, just another box that can use e2.
2. Would need a plugin created to allow you to access your iptv.
3. Youtube is (or was at least) working as a plugin on the box.
4. There is an internet browser available iirc, but I never used it. Much prefer to just grab the laptop or use my phone for that ;)

Both boxes are virtually the same when running the same image. You won't notice any difference in my view. The et9000 has a slightly better spec, but both are good boxes. I think the it's more a choice of personal taste. Which best matches your tv setup in terms of looks of box, and which you'd prefer to shell out for? Personally I might just lean towards the et9000, but as I said, it's your choice. Either way, you won't regret it. Great boxes...

canthackit
06-06-11, 07:04
go for the Duo mate.

i've only had the 9000 for about 3 days and had nothing but problems with it, it wont install a certain image and after getting up this morning i find it wont boot when it did the whole thing had been wiped i had to reinstall the image, the remote is so unresponsive it's really clunky and now it's taken on when powering off the box it's shutting down my tv as well, today i'm going to contact the retailer and ask him if theres any chance i can send it back and exchange for a plus as i feel apart from all the problems i'm having it's faulty.

in all the years i've had different recievers i've never had one as bad as this.

dont get one mate, if you do you'll regret it.

regards: canthackit

Sicilian
06-06-11, 07:16
go for the Duo mate.

i've only had the 9000 for about 3 days and had nothing but problems with it, it wont install a certain image and after getting up this morning i find it wont boot when it did the whole thing had been wiped i had to reinstall the image, the remote is so unresponsive it's really clunky and now it's taken on when powering off the box it's shutting down my tv as well, today i'm going to contact the retailer and ask him if theres any chance i can send it back and exchange for a plus as i feel apart from all the problems i'm having it's faulty.

in all the years i've had different recievers i've never had one as bad as this.

Well the sponsor sent it to you flashed with ViX and working, so you have got to ask yourself, is it you? Theres no other complaints of this nature other than yours.

canthackit
06-06-11, 07:22
that's why i think it's a faulty box, i'm not blaming Steff and if it appears that way i apologise to him, but something has happened and it is not my fault either, i've done nothing that should have made the box to react the way it is.

there's too many other things that's happened for it to be running correctly, furthermore if i dont know how to setup and run a linux box by now i'll give up the hobby, as i said i have never had a box that has performed in this way before, so something is wrong.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
06-06-11, 07:31
go for the Duo mate.

For the record your order was shipped to flashed with ViX, fully working and we've had no complaints. Its seems you also have issues flashing your Duo going by your posts. Please PM me the best telephone number to contact you on and we'll get this sorted.

canthackit
06-06-11, 07:55
Sorry Steff but the fact remains i can flash the box with any other image but the vix just will not go on there.
And now i get up this morning, and all i did last night was to put the box into standby the box wouldn't power up with the remote i tried the button on the front it still wouldn't power up i unplugged/replugged the power and it booted but the image had been deleted, i've had to reinstall the image again (clarke-tech).

i'll PM you my home number, and let's see what we can see.

pooface
06-06-11, 09:04
Did you ever follow my instructions here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8877-Freezing-and-mosaicing&p=65561&viewfull=1#post65561)?! (click the word ;))

If your box doesn't have the latest bootloader, then it won't be able to flash the vix image. I'd have thought it had since the sponser sent it out with the ViX image preinstalled, but maybe in all your flashing, you overwrote it with an older one or something?!

The ViX image needs the latest bootloader to be installed, as without it, the box is unable to install the ViX image. Can't remember the full ins and outs, but from what I remember, the older bootloader only allows images under a certain size to be flashed. The ViX image was too big to be flashed, so needed the updated boot loader...

world-of-satellite.co.uk
06-06-11, 09:14
Did you ever follow my instructions here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8877-Freezing-and-mosaicing&p=65561&viewfull=1#post65561)?! (click the word ;))

If your box doesn't have the latest bootloader, then it won't be able to flash the vix image. I'd have thought it had since the sponser sent it out with the ViX image preinstalled, but maybe in all your flashing, you overwrote it with an older one or something?!

The ViX image needs the latest bootloader to be installed, as without it, the box is unable to install the ViX image. Can't remember the full ins and outs, but from what I remember, the older bootloader only allows images under a certain size to be flashed. The ViX image was too big to be flashed, so needed the updated boot loader...

Its had latest bootloader ;)

We've spoken with Canthackit and have arranged the return of the receiver, I've also asked him to send us a USB stick that he's been using so that we can test. We are also going to test creating a flashing USB stick using a MAC like he is doing. We'll update this thread with our findings once we receive the ET9000.

Enzo
06-06-11, 12:16
go for the Duo mate.

Hi,

I have two here and absolutely no problems.
Just because you have not managed to install an image, you say it's a bad box???

@boxer29

Take the ET9000, you will not regret it, I had many E2-boxes, in addition to the DM8000 is currently the best

Stanman
06-06-11, 18:23
I have both the 9000 and DUO, both are brilliant boxes for the money in relation to other HD third party recievers.

I have had my 9000 for about 4 months and its never given me any problems. The remote could be better quaility like the DUO but layout is better on the ET9000.

As for unresponsive remote, I would check the batteries as mine exhibited similar behaviour and the batteries had gone, probably cheap brand.

thfccambs
06-06-11, 18:29
Another vote for the xtrend ET9000

boxer29
06-06-11, 19:36
what a confusion ,
gone for the duo in the end ,,as told by someone
good service steff keep it up
thanks
no to read how to set it up

punisher
06-06-11, 19:38
duo is awsome, im NEVER giving my duo up for anything lol

pooface
06-06-11, 21:13
duo is awsome, im NEVER giving my duo up for anything lol

If you were able to upgrade to a ultimo by selling and adding an extra £50, I bet you would :p

Boxer ... as I said, it's all a much about muchness... You'll be perfectly happy with whichever box, unless you canthackit :p (sorry mate, had to drop that pun in there ;)) Hopefully you'll be up and running in no time :)

punisher
06-06-11, 21:17
na then id keep the duo and pay the £360 (£50 on top of what i paid for brand new duo) and get the ultimo too hehe :p

pooface
06-06-11, 22:00
na then id keep the duo and pay the £360 (£50 on top of what i paid for brand new duo) and get the ultimo too hehe :p

All wishful thinking for a few years time tho, when the newest box of the times are out costing the earth again ;) :p

Larry-G
06-06-11, 23:52
All wishful thinking for a few years time tho, when the newest box of the times are out costing the earth again ;) :p

lol. been like that since day one, i bought my DM7020 about 9 years ago. i paid almost £1000 for the box , 80 cm dish and motor combo.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
07-06-11, 20:00
We received the ET9000 back from Canthackit, as suspected it was user error.

The USB stick being used by Canthackit had number of files on the stick. Attached is a screenshot of the ET9000 folder alone. The root of the USB stick had a number of hidden files on it. We simply formated FAT32 as per flashing instructions, trasferred the ET9000 flashes and we flashed the ET9000 with no issues using Canthackits USB stick. We also formated MS-DOS FAT on a mac and flashed sucessfully too :)

Stanman
07-06-11, 20:13
Why does that not surprise me. Flashed my Ey9000 dozen of times never failed once.

pooface
07-06-11, 22:12
We received the ET9000 back from Canthackit, as suspected it was user error.

The USB stick being used by Canthackit had number of files on the stick. Attached is a screenshot of the ET9000 folder alone. The root of the USB stick had a number of hidden files on it. We simply formated FAT32 as per flashing instructions, trasferred the ET9000 flashes and we flashed the ET9000 with no issues using Canthackits USB stick. We also formated MS-DOS FAT on a mac and flashed sucessfully too :)

Thing is ... all mac osx will create those type of files...You will probably have had a similar folder name also...

Only thing I can think that f*cked it up, is whether he copied just the files manually?! Whenever I flash (using mac osx), I extract the zip file, and just copy over the extracted folder to the usb which works fine. I'm wonder whether canthackit had copied over the files from within the et9000 folder, and that's what ****ed up

world-of-satellite.co.uk
08-06-11, 05:19
After the test last night we formated a stick few times using a mac and copied the flash files accross and we do have to admit a couple of the times the unit would not flash. So I think we need to recommend that a PC is used to create the USB stick for flashing. The MAC creates a number of hidden files that must confuse the flashing process.

Alias1
08-06-11, 12:44
This is what I use not sure if it will run on a mac

Enzo
08-06-11, 14:24
Hi,

He has a Mac that I have not seen, I have absolutely no problem to flash the Vix-Image.

BadBoy
10-06-11, 22:50
I went for the ET due to the slightly better specs

canthackit
11-06-11, 14:41
[QUOTE=Enzo;65882]Hi,

I have two here and absolutely no problems.
Just because you have not managed to install an image, you say it's a bad box???

read my post again i think i outlined other things apart from the installation problems

canthackit
11-06-11, 15:02
[QUOTE=pooface;66217]Thing is ... all mac osx will create those type of files...You will probably have had a similar folder name also...

Only thing I can think that f*cked it up, is whether he copied just the files manually?! Whenever I flash (using mac osx), I extract the zip file, and just copy over the extracted folder to the usb which works fine. I'm wonder whether canthackit had copied over the files from within the et9000 folder, and that's what ****ed up[/

no believe me i installed the files correctly, read what WoS has said, the only mistake i made was when returning the box i have 2 identical sticks and instaed of putting the formatted one in i put the one with files still on it, that was the one i use for my backup and swap files, but it only need to be formatted.

futhermore i'm getting the impression that i'm being treated as stupid here and that don't know what i'm doing......and believe me that aint the case, when i put the files on i put them on correctly no i didn't extract the five files from the et9000 folder (although i did try that as a test),so unless your going to tell me that the VIX image has to be installed differently than the rest then there is something wrong, as i've said many times before i've had no problem installing the BH, Clarke-Tech, hdfreaks images it's only the VIX i've had problems with.

so please give me a little bit of credit for knowing what i'm doing, as i say i've been and bought a lappie so i will at some time prove at least to myself that the image will not install on my system formatted from a mac but will from a pc.

punisher
11-06-11, 15:10
Hey mate :D its all a process of trial an error. Credit to you for stickin at it as im sure sum wuda given up but least u know where to go from here so gud luck to ya n let us kmw hw u get on

canthackit
11-06-11, 16:27
thanks and sorry but i seem to be getting a lot of flack on various threads lately, and all of it unwarranted (or at least in my opion)

i/we are asked for our observation/opinions and when we give our findings we get shot down in flames because someone else thinks differently, it dosn't make my findings any less important just because i go against the grain.

i try to support this board and the sponsors as best i can, and i try to give my best opions on any relevent matter, i'm not asking for ppl to go down on their knees and pray for forgiveness, but 'cor blimey a little bit of acknowledgement and or appreciation wouldn't go amiss, which brings me back to the OP no matter whats' been said the VIX image don't and won't install on my box using a mac to format the pen, no matter what method i use.

now i'm off to watch U21's on my ET9000 with the Clarke-Tech image and cry into my cornflakes

punisher
11-06-11, 16:49
lol dnt worry about it mate, just keep at it n ull be arite :p njoy the footy

Larry-G
31-01-14, 11:37
After the test last night we formated a stick few times using a mac and copied the flash files accross and we do have to admit a couple of the times the unit would not flash. So I think we need to recommend that a PC is used to create the USB stick for flashing. The MAC creates a number of hidden files that must confuse the flashing process.

No its not advisable to use a settings backup from one model to another. I usually place all my commonly used plugins in a folder on my pc for just this type of thing.

You can however backup your channel lists ( bouquets ) with a pc based manager and any timers or important configuration files via a ftp programme.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk