PDA

View Full Version : blackhole or vix

RichardG
05-06-11, 19:31
I have a choice of firmware with my new vu+ duo I know you are going to say vix is better than blackhole but why???what is the difference. please

Stanman
05-06-11, 19:58
Everything is integrated, easy of use and functionality that is built in, buttons all mapped.

punisher
05-06-11, 20:02
try both and you chose, but most people here as i would tell you prefer vix as this is the home of vix but u will only know yourself. i think vix is so much more user friendly as pretty easy to use but thats me :p

RichardG
07-06-11, 09:23
thanks a lot -think I will go with Vix

bobonthejob
07-06-11, 09:35
VIX :D

The only way buddy.

portbhoy
08-06-11, 22:55
I've had just about ever image on this box and always come back to Vix. Speed, functionality, looks great epg it's got the lot!

Prioryman
09-06-11, 08:43
Mate, I have tried them all and keep coming back to VIX - if you want "user friendly" or WYSIWYG then VIX everytime.

Just my 2 pennies worth.......

georgede
26-12-11, 19:18
I am trying both. I am now with blackhole. I believe VIX is better. I tried to upgrade VIX today, but it stuck on starting. So I tried blackhole and it work. Both of them are good. But I thing VIX is mpre user friendly.

Alias1
26-12-11, 22:16
They are both good images to me it came down to instaliing cams I found blackholes attitude (policy) anal retentative on this issue.

birdman99
27-12-11, 06:57
i have in the past liked blackhole,first reason was i could never get ccam over on vix but that was when i was wet behind the ears,(now only one ear is wet)
Ive been using blackhole 1.6.5 since october and its a great image when it works ,however it throws problems up out of know where,ie audio silence,plugins not working wont play files somtimes with audio.However if these flaws can be over rided Black hole would be great.Ive never really given vix a chance i suppose i liked the look and feel of blackhole too compared to vix.

Ev0
27-12-11, 10:45
I have to admit I am a blackhole fan (used nabilosat / blackhole images for years on my dm7000, dm800HD, vu+ duo and now on my Ultimo).

Because of that, whenever I try the VIX images, I don't find it as comfortable to use (can't find things easily, and it doesn't work 100% with my favourite skin HD Glass 16).

That said I do love the extra plugin's and features that come embedded with VIX and I also love there online update feature.

If I was starting a fresh right now having never had a linux box before I think I would be using VIX images :cool:

paillottes
31-12-11, 19:17
Hello, me I chose Black hole, because it has a driver rt3070, and with one " Zioncom ipTIME b / g / n USB to Adapt, 500mW, WL0162 " that works very very very well 135 MB/,
while before I had full of cuts in WiFi, maintaining it is not any more the case, I am delighted.

punisher
31-12-11, 19:23
im using a d-link wireless n 300mbps on uno and it works flawless :p

paul362
01-01-12, 11:52
I tried Blackhole last night and re-installed vix this morning ! mainly because i do not like the button mappings and the navigation (i think its to complicated and cluttered) so back to vix and staying there now.

Markymark
01-01-12, 12:11
I'm liking VIX - the only thing I'd lie is channel numbers in the EPG and when you click on a channel on the EPG and press the exit button it would actually go to the channel I clicked on and not back to the one I had before I selected the EPG.

Other than that, everything else is fairly user friendly and support here is excellent, even for noobs like me.

paul362
01-01-12, 12:17
I'm liking VIX - the only thing I'd lie is channel numbers in the EPG and when you click on a channel on the EPG and press the exit button it would actually go to the channel I clicked on and not back to the one I had before I selected the EPG.

Other than that, everything else is fairly user friendly and support here is excellent, even for noobs like me.

if you go to the EPG button on the remote and select a channel press ok then ok again it will exit onto the selected channel.

Markymark
01-01-12, 12:24
Oops - never thought of double ok. Thanks for that answer (proves the excellent support comment) :)

tsx
01-01-12, 13:04
if you go to the EPG button on the remote and select a channel press ok then ok again it will exit onto the selected channel.

I know I can do that but is sometimes annoying, when you lets say..... choose a channel 'single click' then go hunting for another channel in case there is something better. Then you decide you haven't found anything better and press exit, oops your back on an old channel, and scrolling back is a pain.

I know this is such a silly little thing but I keep falling foul to this myself.