PDA

View Full Version : Vix 2.1 - hd picture not as sharp

supathug
04-06-11, 09:29
Hi all,

Put a new 2tb drive in the duo yesterday and thought I might as well update to 2.1 from 1.3 which I was using previously. I have noticed that even with auto resolution plugin and video enhancement plugins installed the hd picture is not as 'crisp' on my sammy le40m86bd almost as if the resolution isn't as good. Anyone else notice this too? If not, is there a general guide to the best settings to use for these 2 plugins?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Righthammer
04-06-11, 21:01
I've recently just upgraded fron VIX 1.3 to 2.1 and have also thought that the picture quality was not as good as in ver 1.3 ..Just dosn't seem as clear. Maybe the next version will bring a crisper picture ...:)

emporer
04-06-11, 21:25
Not sure what other versions are like as ive only ever use 2.1 on my Vu, but it certainly seems fine to me, easily as sharp as the old SkyHD box and the DM800 I also have, I cant tell any difference.

punisher
04-06-11, 21:59
my HD and SD picture on my duo using vix image is stunnin :p

supathug
05-06-11, 06:44
@punisher, could you please post your video enhancement and auto resolution settings values so me and others can hopefully replicate what you have?

@righthammer, glad someone else has noticed. Perhaps the change in base drivers has contributed to this as I believe we have Gone from original drivers to pli. That being said, the image itself is stunning in terms of features and I have to say the guys have done an amazing job with it again!

Larry-G
05-06-11, 06:52
the hd picture quality on my 32" LCD hitachi and 50" plasma LG using the latest VIX image are far better better than my sky HD box produces and i have never bothered with video enhancements or auto resolution settings. personally i find when you go fiddling with settings such as these you actually end up creating the problems for your self

Alanp
05-06-11, 07:37
the hd picture quality on my 32" LCD hitachi and 52" plasma LG using the latest VIX image are far better better than my sky HD box produces and i have never bothered with video enhancements or auto resolution settings. personally i find when you go fiddling with settings such as these you actually end up creating the problems for your self

I agree with pheonix the picture quality is far better than the sky HD box I would also add I saw an improvement in the SD quality from earlier VIX versions (this is on my panosonic 50" plasma) Great image thanks to all involved cant wait for the next version

punisher
05-06-11, 08:17
I havent changed any settings or added any plugins to enhance my video. Everything is set default to what vix has. I havent even changed the brightness or contrast that was asked on the setup of vix after install lol

boxer29
05-06-11, 10:29
is this with a hdmi lead i assume ??

Righthammer
05-06-11, 11:34
Well I am using a hdmi lead..lol..have def noticed the graphics on some hd channels are not as clear..for example was watching the derby highlights last night on bbc 1 hd and the graphics were not very sharp..could be that the source picture wasnt true hd or something but the graphics were def blurred.. I never noticed any of these issues with 1.3 and believe that the picture quality was a touch better.I am using the default settings on the image also.

boxer29
05-06-11, 11:40
does the epg on vuo duo show which channel are being broadcasted in hd 1080 like the sky box does that ,by turning the colour oragne for the programmes which are in hd ,,
might check weather the above channel was in hd ,,can you comment on the overall pq on sd and hd with this image
thanks

cwebb66
05-06-11, 19:19
might be the quality of the hdi lead to be considered

ynwa
06-06-11, 15:06
might be the quality of the hdi lead to be considered

Wouldnt be the HDMI cable. HDMI cant make the picture sharper, or better or worse. Its a digital signal which is the same over any working cable. If youre getting an unbroken picture then your HDMI cable is fine. It either works or it doesnt.

cwebb66
07-06-11, 22:36
thanks for correcting me on this

pooface
07-06-11, 22:47
I would ask u to compare a recording of something, so it's the exact same source that is being compared...

Sent with Tapatalk

robsond90
10-06-11, 22:50
I thought it was just me! I tried ViX 2.1 when it was first released, thought that the picture quality had taken a turn for the worse (not that it was bad, just noticeably not as good) and went back to 1.2 within the hour. However, I'll give it another shot and try some existing recordings to see if I still get the same impression.