PDA

View Full Version : help with dish needed

wrigley
02-06-11, 17:25
i have a 90cm dish and diseqc h-h motor is there anyone in the north birmingham or walsall that could possibly set it up to 1w for me or help in any way the dish is up on wall all ready to go i just carnt find any signal at all
thanks in advance

basilyoung
02-06-11, 19:38
cant offer direct help,

but the dish needs to be poiting at almost true south,
the motor needs to be set to your location, ( approx 52.000 north )
on your unit,..select BBC World
then elivate or drop the dish until a piccy shows

the dish arm/motor body should be in a straight line

wrigley
02-06-11, 19:52
thanks for that basilyoung ihad the dish set as true south as i could get it the motor was set to 0 when brought as its all new i did try the sat finder on the vu+ solo but had no luck im curently on crutches so i have to wait for m8 to help again but was hoping that someone on forum who doesnt live to far from me may be able to help with more knowledge than me or someone in my area who fits dishes to aline it for me willing to pay them lol
thanks again

basilyoung
02-06-11, 20:47
most here if they are close by, would offer to sort you at cost,and a thank you a few beers or cuppas...( after the ladder has been put away )

you need to set up USALs in your tuner config as well, befor you try using sat finder

wrigley
04-06-11, 15:18
all sorted now had to get a new wall mounting as one suplied with dish was no good had a guy come out and set it all up for me thanks again for the help