PDA

View Full Version : 4 satellites multiswitches

vartaxe
02-06-11, 16:44
_hxxp://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=14&id=249

hi,

i bought that switch but now i'm wondering how the hell is that setup? i mean the duo settings... the box says diseqc 2.0 but in the duo settings i don't see anything like that...

silverfox0786
02-06-11, 18:15
you will need a quattro lnb to work with that

basilyoung
02-06-11, 19:27
yes, Sliverfox is correct, some switch devises allow "Quad lnb,s or Quattro lnbs"

On this devise, you need 4 Quattro lnb,s
each lnb would have 4 connecters each one would read the freqs seperately, ie; connection 1 would be high band virtical, the next low band vertical, connection 3 would be high band horizontal the last low band horizontal, colour coded coax cable is best, this would apply to all four lnb,s

the advantage of the quattro system, is several units can watch independant saterllites without impact on what other units are doing, this system, is normally used by Hotels

baz

basilyoung
02-06-11, 19:32
just read the spec again, and quad lnbs can be used...but they would need to be set up as per the post above

vartaxe
02-06-11, 23:45
i got 2 alps quattro lnb's i just don't know how to set it up on enigma 2

basilyoung
03-06-11, 00:04
its nothing to do with enigma 2

you need to be on a hi freq channel useing Horizontal on the switching device you have a 4 leval connection for each lnb one will say 18v H Hi, and on the lnb there will be a corresponding H/H...THE COAX FROM THIS CONNECTION goes to H Hi on the switch device, the same follows for H/L ( horezontal low ) and the V/H ( virtical high ) on the swtch device V 13v lo after setting up the H Hi 18v you need to connect the other lnb connections with the reciever connected to the relivent setting...ie a vertical channel hi freq

vartaxe
03-06-11, 00:09
i know how to connect the lnb's to the multiswitch in fact ive had one since '98. now i just wanted to know how does dreambox/vuplus enigma handle it... diseqc 1.0 1.1 1.2 usals toneburst aa ab ba bb lnb1 lnb2 lnb3 lnb4 just want to know how to configure it the right way

basilyoung
03-06-11, 00:20
it depends on your set up

diseqc 1.0 for a fixed dish system useing aa ab bb ba or aa/ab
diseqc 1.2 for a motorized system set to lnb 1

vartaxe
03-06-11, 00:27
why the hell do those multiswitch say they are diseqc 2.0 when no hardware even use those terms :s

basilyoung
03-06-11, 00:30
I really dont know mate,

regards to my earlier post, Sorry, but looking at your post count, I assumed that you were new to the Quattro system

are you sorted now??

and welcome to our corner of cyber space

vartaxe
03-06-11, 00:38
eheh thanks no problem

well it's late im gonna give it a try tomorrow