PDA

View Full Version : List Of Stored Default Transponders For a Satellite ?

The Bishop
02-06-11, 15:10
Hi,

Is it possible to view a list of receiver stored transponders for a satellite. I am referring to the default list loaded into the receiver that it would use for an automatic or manual scan.

Receiver = ET9000
Image = ViX 2.1

The Bishop

Sicilian
02-06-11, 15:26
Have a look at your satellites.xml file in /etc/tuxbox

The Bishop
02-06-11, 16:10
Have a look at your satellites.xml file in /etc/tuxbox

Sicilian,

Thank you for the information.

I presume that it is not possible to view the transponder lists using a built in menu and the remote control then, FTP is the only way?

Also, would anyone please know if is there anywhere that I can download an accurate default list of transponders per satellite in "Satellite.xml" file format? It looks as though the list stored in my ET9000 is not accurate and is causing the receiver to miss channels when scanning.

Finally, would anybody know at what point in the receiver build the "satellites.xml" file is loaded into the receiver? Is it loaded automatically every time the image is flashed or is it part of the core build of the receiver and not subject to change if the image is changed?

This receiver as shipped with the ViX 2.1 image is no good when used in manual scan mode considering it contains innacurate transponder settings in the "satellites.xml" file.

The Bishop

Larry-G
02-06-11, 16:18
yes you can download a upto date satellites.xml file from the following site.

http://satellites-xml.eu/

this also gives you the option to tailor the satellites.xml file exactly to your needs. as for the innacurate transponder settings in the "satellites.xml" file. you speak of. technically any satellites.xml file you use will always be out of date within minutes as each satellite operator changes micro manages their allotted transponders and channels on a very frequent basis.

Sicilian
02-06-11, 16:25
ViX 2.2 is blindscan capable so you wont need a satellites.xml to scan.

The Bishop
02-06-11, 16:27
phoenix,

Thank you for the link.

Sure I accept that the lists are subject to change, I am possibly getting a bit frustrated with the issues I have encountered today trying to setup the box.

The Bishop

Larry-G
02-06-11, 16:27

lol i forgot about that. may i point out though to any Vu owners reading this. VIX 2.2 is only blindscan capable on the ET9000 / ET5000 and not any of the VU receivers as they dont support blindscan.

Larry-G
02-06-11, 16:30
phoenix,

Thank you for the link.

Sure I accept that the lists are subject to change, I am possibly getting a bit frustrated with the issues I have encountered today trying to setup the box.

The Bishop

tell me about it mate. when i got this Vu+Uno it did my head in so much i took my semi auto shotgun out of it's cabinet, went out and wasted over 500 shotgun cartridges just to relieve the stress of it.

The Bishop
02-06-11, 16:31

Sicilian,

Yes, so I have been informed, however it has not yet been released hence my struggling along merrily with the manual scan and the lists etc. If I knew that the ViX 2.2 would be released in the next few days then I probably would not bother with an updated satellites.xml file. However, I understand the need for 2.2 to be thoroughly tested before being released in production format.

The Bishop

Larry-G
02-06-11, 16:33
Sicilian,

Yes, so I have been informed, however it has not yet been released hence my struggling along merrily with the manual scan and the lists etc. If I knew that the ViX 2.2 would be released in the next few days then I probably would not bother with an updated satellites.xml file. However, I understand the need for 2.2 to be thoroughly tested before being released in production format.

The Bishop

dont worry VIX 2.2 is very very close to being released.

The Bishop
02-06-11, 16:42
dont worry VIX 2.2 is very very close to being released.

That is very good news, it seems as though I have purchased the box at the right time.:thumbsup:

Sicilian
02-06-11, 16:42
Personally I use a set of Enigma 2 settings / bouquets like Catseyes pack. I never scan, just use these settings :)

Larry-G
02-06-11, 16:52
Personally I use a set of Enigma 2 settings / bouquets like Catseyes pack. I never scan, just use these settings :)

same here although i tend to opt for the Vhannibal bouquets my self, SGTFlipFlop on the boxes i use for sky uk only. but i do scan once a week just to keep things upto date.

The Bishop
02-06-11, 16:54

Sicilian,

As a newbie to the world of Linux boxes (1 day) I have not yet got round to exploring this option, I presume it is a list of transponders per satellite sorted by bouquet and frequency, a bit like the old DVBEdit files that were available from different contributors?

I will have a hunt around the forum for one of these catseyes packs and see if I can fathom out what to do with it !!

The Bishop

Stanman
02-06-11, 22:40
Its a channel list for multiple sats, all the hard work is done by the authors as they have sorted the list.

The Bishop
02-06-11, 23:03
Its a channel list for multiple sats, all the hard work is done by the authors as they have sorted the list.

I downloaded the most recent "Catseye" list from the forum then uploaded it to the ET9000 using the Control Centre tool. It all seemed to go OK but when I rebooted the box and looked at 1W all I had were the original 20 or so channels that were present before I uploaded the settings list. It looks as though it has not configured correctly or uploaded to the wrong location in the box? However, I thought that the Control Centre tool would have uploaded the setting to the correct location.

I would have expected over 1000 channels for 1W from a complete list including encrypted?

The Bishop

Larry-G
02-06-11, 23:07
you need to enable the reload enigma settings option in the program you use to send the bouquets or perform a enigma reset via the receiver , for the settings to take hold.

for a full list of channels available on 1 west look here,

http://en.kingofsat.net/news0.8W.php

Stanman
02-06-11, 23:14
I downloaded the most recent "Catseye" list from the forum then uploaded it to the ET9000 using the Control Centre tool. It all seemed to go OK but when I rebooted the box and looked at 1W all I had were the original 20 or so channels that were present before I uploaded the settings list. It looks as though it has not configured correctly or uploaded to the wrong location in the box? However, I thought that the Control Centre tool would have uploaded the setting to the correct location.

I would have expected over 1000 channels for 1W from a complete list including encrypted?

The Bishop
Use dreamsetedit mate, never had any problems uploading bouquets with it and as Pheoinix says once transfers done need to send the reload command to the box and you can do this within DBE.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5437-DreamBoxEdit-IHAD-Edition-4.0.1.2&highlight=dreamboxedit+IHAD

The Bishop
12-06-11, 08:24
Use dreamsetedit mate, never had any problems uploading bouquets with it and as Pheoinix says once transfers done need to send the reload command to the box and you can do this within DBE.

Stanman,

Are you referring to 2 different programs re "dreamsetedit" and "DBE" or are they both the same program, thx for any clarification ?

Also, with dreamboxedit, would anyone please be able to tell me what the difference is between the "..iHAD" version and the non "...iHAD" version ? Is one coded to work with internal Hard Disk and the other not ( just guessing here ! ) ?

The Bishop

punisher
12-06-11, 10:07
Dbe and dreamset are 2 different programs but do a similar job

Stanman
12-06-11, 14:03
Stanman,

Are you referring to 2 different programs re "dreamsetedit" and "DBE" or are they both the same program, thx for any clarification ?

Also, with dreamboxedit, would anyone please be able to tell me what the difference is between the "..iHAD" version and the non "...iHAD" version ? Is one coded to work with internal Hard Disk and the other not ( just guessing here ! ) ?

The Bishop

Sorry mate my bad, I was referring to DBE. I dont know what the IAHD version does beyond picon location but I use it and it does the job fine.