PDA

View Full Version : Date & Time Format In ET9000 Receiver Display ?

The Bishop
02-06-11, 10:07
Hi,

Is there a way to change the date and time format that the ET9000 receiver display presents when in standby mode.

The default display formats are dd/mm and hh:mm

Can this be changed to other date formats such as dd-mmm-yyyy and is it possible to get the time to appear before the date?

The Bishop

pooface
02-06-11, 10:22
Hi,

Is there a way to change the date and time format that the ET9000 receiver display presents when in standby mode.

The default display formats are dd/mm and hh:mm

Can this be changed to other date formats such as dd-mmm-yyyy and is it possible to get the time to appear before the date?

The Bishop

Yes, this is all handled in the skin.xml file for the skin you are using (or the default, depending on whether the skin has one set up of it's own). What you will need to do, is find the part that says something about standby. Can't remember exact line off top of head...

The Bishop
02-06-11, 10:59
pooface,

Thanks for the reply.

I presume this file can be edited by notepad or excel ?

The Bishop

pooface
02-06-11, 13:18
pooface,

Thanks for the reply.

I presume this file can be edited by notepad or excel ?

The Bishop

It's a standard text file, so yes (unless probably the blackhole image, as I remember a while back they encoded the skins ... dunno whether they're still encoded or not though?!). But, you'd probably be best to use a unix capable editor such as notepad++, kate or ultraedit etc...

punisher
02-06-11, 13:39
While this topic open is i possible to make the display scroll from left to right for those titles/movie names tht are too long to fit on the display?

Stanman
02-06-11, 22:52
Possibly as it does when you first change channels it does scroll left but than stops, I presume there must be line code that stops it after certain number of seconds and could change it to a bigger delay, as to where have no idea or even if its doable.