PDA

View Full Version : Amir Khan urged to end Sky TV feud

bassethound
31-05-11, 22:37
WBC world super-middleweight champion Carl Froch has warned fellow boxer Amir Khan that he could be in danger of slipping "under the radar" unless he ends his bitter feud with Sky.

Froch, who only recently agreed a deal with the satellite broadcaster after years of fighting on other channels, suggested that his lack of exposure significantly hindered his career.

The 33-year-old's world title defence against Glen Johnson in Atlantic City will be shown by Sky this Saturday, and he warned Khan about losing valuable TV coverage.

Froch told The Sun: "Why would anyone leave Sky and go to another [broadcaster]? But Khan has been taking advice and did exactly that for his last fight. Has Khan taken the right advice?

"His team obviously think they are doing the right things but Amir is in danger of disappearing from general public view. If he doesn't fight on Sky he will slip under the radar."

Froch added: "I know because it has already happened to me. I didn't get the right TV exposure after I became world champion. My subsequent defences were not on mainstream TV either and that is why I am not a household name - but that is about to change.

"I've been trying to get back on Sky for a long time now and things are looking good as they will show my next fight against Johnson."

In April Sky refused to broadcast Khan's WBA title defence at Manchester's MEN Arena against Paul McCloskey following a dispute over pay-per-view fees.

New boxing broadcaster Primetime TV agreed to air the fight and is keen to continue the relationship with Khan's management company. Sky executives are thought to be prepared to bid for TV rights to Khan's fights in future, but they will not be held to ransom.

pooface
31-05-11, 23:30
If it's all about publicity, then get yourselves back on terrestrial tv. Remember the days of waiting up till the wee hours for itv to show the fights many moons ago. But, of course, they can't afford the silly money that sky can (and obviously primetime?!), so just goes to show the whole reason why people go to sky...

Stanman
01-06-11, 18:32
It wasnt for the sports SKY would go bust. As it is they must be losing customers as on my old account they keep offering me half price, if the sods had done it when I cancelled wouldn't have had to pay £30 for a code.

AM imho is getting too big for his boots the last fight was pathetic couldn't belive it was the same guy who had fought Maidana and Malinginiggi.

He should concentrate on fightin ala Pacman

punisher
01-06-11, 18:53
pacman would prolly murder him, i still dont think he is ready yet for big house hold names, but i guess he needs the challenege

Stanman
01-06-11, 21:59
I dont mean fight Pacman, I mean he Amir Khan should just concentrate on his fighting like Pacman, man lets his fists do the talking.

punisher
01-06-11, 22:24
Yeh i knw wat u mean, would b a gud fite still lol :p

Stanman
02-06-11, 23:08
It wouldn't Pacman would school him, his not in the same league.
You have Mayweather running scared, hell his trying to get himself thrown into jail to avoid the pacman.