PDA

View Full Version : MBC launched seven HD channels, including MBC2 HD

bassethound
31-05-11, 22:34
MBC Media Group started broadcasting a test of seven of its existing programs in high definition televisions (HDTVs). Among them there are also a popular movie channel MBC2 in HD.

MBC to launch HD programs began using a new transponder on the satellite Nilesat 201 at the orbital position 7 degrees west. Unfortunately, the signal from the new satellite can not accept the parabolic normal size in Central Europe.

DVB-S2 contains multiple MBC station MBC1 HD HD MBC2, MBC4 HD, MBC Drama, HD, HD MBC Action, MBC Max HD news television Al Arabiya HD. Package operates on the frequency 12.188 GHz, pol H SR 27500, FEC 3 / 4, DVB-S2/8PSK. All stations are due to restrictions on broadcasting rights Conax encrypted system. For high-definition versions of their programs by selling the MBC network to deliver the equipment market. The viewer gets a fee for access to an attractive package of entertainment channel MBC.

The current version of the MBC in SD resolution remain FTA. HD versions are encoded over the rights of native HD content.

jcm193
31-05-11, 22:45
Lets hope they put it on 26 e as well in the future i enjoy watching the mbc channels

silverfox0786
31-05-11, 23:38
when i was in egypt and tunisia thats all i was watching in the hotel room

great stuff on em there is

shame dish size needs to be large to get em but a 1.2 in my neck of the woods gets em so i may mount a fixed 1.8m pointing to 7w

Mr00oo00
05-08-11, 19:36
correction

FEC = 5/6

pooface
05-08-11, 19:56
Only ever been able to receive mbc channels on 26e, and from what I watched on em, it's not really been that interesting to me :rolleyes:

But a hd version on 26e would be good for all those who do enjoy watching em :p Shame it probably won't happen...