PDA

View Full Version : vix

tricky
30-05-11, 20:55
i had this on my receiver wen i got it last week, but, iv deleted it by mistake, so , do i hav to reload a file, or a skin please, yes ,new to this,

Stanman
30-05-11, 21:21
if you are talking about the image, you cant delete it, if its the skin, go into plugin via plugins menu if not please elaborate.

tricky
31-05-11, 08:05
thanks for ur reply stan, however, theres only the default skin showing in there,

punisher
31-05-11, 11:08
What exactly is it that you are trying to do, if you could explain a bit more then we can try and help you out

tricky
31-05-11, 14:19
as i explained in my first post ,vix has dissapeared, along with enigma 11 that was on there wen i got it,

Larry-G
31-05-11, 14:22
if VIX had been removed from the box it would not boot unless it had been replaced with another E2 image to replace it.

please explain in as much detail as possible what happened.

tricky
31-05-11, 15:09
wen i first had the box ,and turned it on ,enigma 11, was loading , although it never actually did finish loading, with a vix logo in the left side revolving, and then i could choose which skin i wanted, after being advised 2 load three files on 2 box cant remember wat they were, both images dissapeared , and im now left with a black hole image only,

Alec
31-05-11, 16:14
Sounds like you are confused, just load image on again, and when it has finished loaded, follow the screen instructions when they appear.

Larry-G
31-05-11, 16:16
it sounds like you have loaded a blackhole image onto your box. loading a image to a linux receiver is the same as reloading a operating system on a pc. the new OS / image deletes and replaces the older one.

tricky
31-05-11, 16:28
well thanks ,but how do i get back, and with wat image do i need or ,shall i just stick with the one i have, and ,yes mate im very confused,

Sicilian
31-05-11, 16:40
well thanks ,but how do i get back, and with wat image do i need or ,shall i just stick with the one i have, and ,yes mate im very confused,

Read all the stickies in the Duo sections, all the info you need is there ;)

tricky
31-05-11, 17:40
thanks ,a couple of pointers would have been nice, thats all iv been doing for three days, my heads spinning, its nice to b dismissive though,

Alec
31-05-11, 17:52
What i did when, I got my box was get use to it: Tune in the channels, connect it to the internet, watch FTA channels and do plenty of reading. When you know what you want, then read about it or ask questions.If the Image is working then use it, until you know what you want.

BALDRICK75
31-05-11, 21:31
Hi tricky Im no expert myself but i have a freind at work who helped me get up and running as it can be hard for us newbies.:confused:
1ST you will need a program like filezilla for sending info to your vu from your pc if your going to use cccam etc etc
2ND i use dream box edit for channel editing and sending channel info and lists to my vu
to re-install your image you will need to down load the vix-2.1vuduo_usb.zip file that you will find in the download section under vu+ duo vix team images sticky 2.1
copy the file to a usb drive to a folder named "vuplus" with in that folder put a new folder called "duo" and put your downloaded files in this folder then turn off your vu+ (via the main power switch) plug your usb drive into the front of your vu and power on watch the display and when it is finnished power down again remove your usb drive and turn your vu back on the the new vix image will now boot and just follow the on screen wizard hope this helps...
:)