PDA

View Full Version : setting up motor

johno
30-05-11, 20:07
ok here goes if you can put up with the long thread i got myself a Vu+ duo couple weeks back 8 months old it came from a friend with a 1 metre dish with a navigator NDX180 motor it was a complete setup and was working ok now i got the setup and just reflashed it with the latest Image Version Duo Release v2.1.0 - 2011-03-23 with help from a friend (thanks johnny) as i had no access to the ftp ect as the fellow that set it up for my friend passworded everything anyway i flashed it and working fine on my mini dish just set to 1 dish now ive had the motorised dish setup added now and im struggling to get it going as i found a few tuts saying tuners need to be in advanced mode and others in simple mode now as its a dual tuner im trying to setup the motor setup using both tuners using only the motor setup i set the motor to go to 1w which it started then stopped far short of this direction and when i try to move dish now the red light just flashes on the motor as if its trying to move now i had the dish setup ok using a dm500s and could get 28.2E 19.2E 13.0E fine on this but since trying on the duo am not able to move dish on either box any suggestion thx

johno

basilyoung
30-05-11, 20:31
First of all,...the dish if on 1 west, the motor arm should be on zero, the leg of the motor should be pointing straight down, as in no twist apparent, the dish arm should be in a true line to the motor body, motor elivation is dependant on where you are, this all needs to be reasonbly correct, for the duo to run the dish correctly

as far as the motor movement problem goes, I would check the coax cable, the inner core should not connect to the outer braiding, and on the connector, the outer braiding needs to have clean contact with the F connector

on one west, the best channel to set up on is BBC world,

if you live on the south coast, the motor should be set to approx 47 degrees, ( the motor leg, would be on a slight upward angle ) if living near liverpool, the motor would be set to approx 53 degrees, leg of the motor almost parrallel with the wall

johno
30-05-11, 22:28
thx for the info bas now im manchester plus i now this dish is spot on as using the dm 500 i could rotate the motor between 28.2E to 13.0E no problem it only when i cannected and tried configuring the duo the problem started is it better to reflah the duo and if so is the lates vix image fine to use or can i just configure the existing image with the new dish setup ?

thanks

basilyoung
30-05-11, 23:59
yes it might get 28/19/13 east, but the unit is best used with USALs, to control the dish, if the dish is crossing the sat arc, you might get the above sats, but not all sats

in your tuner config, which ever tuner is connected to the motor (tuner A to start with), it needs to be configured to motorized ( simple rather than advanced at first ) select lnb 1
and put in your settings north setting should be approx 053.480 and the west setting should be approx 002.234

then use sat finder to find 28 east, then 19 east

if the signal shoots up then down and then no signal once the dish stops, your west setting needs adjusting +/- 1 degree, then try again and so on

deano41
09-06-11, 18:40
Hi John, did you manage to get the motor sorted as I am looking forward to getting a few more channels and need to get my dish sorted if you have ..;);)

johno
09-06-11, 21:05
lo m8 not had a chance im going to have a go on sunday need to make sure the pole and motor are set right as when i last scanned for sats it found none so i think im just slightly out
i have a signal on 1w just wont lock i think im close though thx for asking and ill let ya know ;)

johno

Data
09-06-11, 21:51
What area are you in?
there might be a member near you who might help you get it setup.