PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 / NAS connection problem!

kevinmcf
30-05-11, 11:47
Hello everyone,
I received an et9000 about two weeks ago, as a complete noob it was a daunting task to open the box and get it set up. To my surprise everything has gone pretty smooth (thanks to Vix image and this forum).
The one issue that has me stumped is accessing my Synology Nas drive from the receiver, I have exhausted every avenue i can think of - nfs, cifs admin privleges, network browser, mount manager etc. but no success. The drive seems to be mounted in mount manager (small red x on icon?) but cannot be accessed via media player/ filelist.

I would be grateful if anyone could provide a little advice/ their own experiences with regard to NAS and ET9000 connection. The box is an excellent piece of kit and i would like to ditch the media player currently sitting on top of it.

Thanks

kmf

pinco333
30-05-11, 13:19
I made ​​recordings on Synology NAS without problems (even 3 HD
together).
Also I can see folders with movies, music and photos mounted on NFS.
You have to double check the location (volume1/myfolder) and permissions
access (if IP-only NFS, CIFS if user / password)

kevinmcf
30-05-11, 13:57
Pinco,

I'm trying to mount on NFS, IP only (static IP of receiver 192.168.1.4), the mount manager shows the NAS IP address active but will a small red x on the disk icon. I have set the location to /volume 1/video. I have shared the video folder with problem on laptop and pc. Could you check how your permissions are set up for shared folder on your NAS to see if the problem lies with NAS,

Thanks

pinco333
30-05-11, 14:07
path : volume1/video
permission : client ip
server NFS : active

Stanman
30-05-11, 15:19
The red X means its not connected, I use a ReadyNAS on my ET9000 and its sees it no problem. The way I mount is to browser network and mount as NFS. If you have a username and password will need to put this into the ET.

kevinmcf
30-05-11, 21:07
I have made nfs active on the NAS and gave access permission to the ET receiver,
On the ET i have input the following on Mount Manager
Active -enable
Local Share name -share
Mount type -NFS share
Server IP -192.168.1.10 (static nas add)
Server Share - volume1/video
use as HDD replacement -no (have one installed and working)
Mount option -rw,nolock,tcp

Any thoughts? I have also tried CIFS with the user password but still no joy!
Browser network does not indicate the NAS at first put it is listed after a rescan, it is very slow after selection with the ok button and even after this is not properly mounted (share file is nowhere to be seen).

pinco333
31-05-11, 00:42
Firewall on the NAS ?

Batista
31-05-11, 12:18
Hi KMF,

Browse your network and if you see your NAS, you can complete the mount operation from there.

kevinmcf
31-05-11, 16:46
Thanks everyone - got it solved, it was the firewall settings on the Synology NAS (great suggestion pinco!). I was able to access the video files on the media player located on the NAS.

BUT.... Things were a bit slow running from the server so i decided to have a look at the network settings, don't know what i did but the router is now not picking up the received as an attached device. doh! I have reset the settings as before (it was working) but no connection is being made. Should I do factory reset or reflash the Vix image?

kevinmcf
31-05-11, 20:50
I got connection issue sorted, everything is working sweet now!:)

pinco333
31-05-11, 22:33
recording on NAS is very good