PDA

View Full Version : How to ensure full recording on live event?

hiohaa
29-05-11, 17:27
The F1 today ran delayed, outside the original finish time of the programme, and consequently it stopped recording about 10 odd minutes from the actual end.

Is there any plugin or anything that means if the programme extends passed its original scheduled end time, it will adjust the recording time accordingly?

plusser
29-05-11, 18:41
The F1 today ran delayed, outside the original finish time of the programme, and consequently it stopped recording about 10 odd minutes from the actual end.

Is there any plugin or anything that means if the programme extends passed its original scheduled end time, it will adjust the recording time accordingly?

They stopped the race 15 mins. early, so you didn't miss the finish :-)

pooface
29-05-11, 19:18
They stopped the race 15 mins. early, so you didn't miss the finish :-)

They stopped it, but it restarted again at 15:04... So yes, he did miss the finish...

As for how to get it to work, only way I can think of (although haven't tried it), is to set the event as an autotimer. I know that after the race had finished, the event info had been updated to finish at 15:35, so the epg data had been updated, in which case I would imagine that autotimer, upon scanning for the event, would've seen the timer change, and hence updated the timer. I cannot state that it definitely would tho...

Mr. Mister
29-05-11, 20:12
I have been caught out a few times with live events on tv.. so this is what i do..

ok.. lets say race started @ 12.00 noon today.. so your recording starts @ 11.57 am..

So.. Then if the event finish time is 2.30pm.. I would then change it in the recording menu to over run the recording.. and have it finishing at 3.30pm..

just an easy way to solve this problem..

Stanman
29-05-11, 20:44
They stopped it, but it restarted again at 15:04... So yes, he did miss the finish...

As for how to get it to work, only way I can think of (although haven't tried it), is to set the event as an autotimer. I know that after the race had finished, the event info had been updated to finish at 15:35, so the epg data had been updated, in which case I would imagine that autotimer, upon scanning for the event, would've seen the timer change, and hence updated the timer. I cannot state that it definitely would tho...
Would that only work if you had AT polling and very short notices as like me if you had them doing it at 900 minutes it would not change?