PDA

View Full Version : How to Install CCcam/MGCamd & other softcam's on ALL ViX supported Enigma 2 Receivers

punisher
28-05-11, 12:15
How to Install CCcam/MGCamd & other softcam's on ALL ViX supported Enigma 2 Receivers

In this example im going to show how to Install CCcam 2.2.1 on the ViX Image
You need access to FTP and CCcam 2.2.1 (or whichever version you prefer) ipk file and your CCcam.cfg file (your details go in here)

I use FlashFXP (Filezilla is a great free one too) and below is how I have configured mine, you will need to do the same for yours

You need your boxs IP Address/Host Name, Username and Pass in order to connect to your box

As you can see my IP Address/Host Name is xxxxx.dyndns.org or i could have entered 192.168.x.12
my username is root (that is default)
my password is xxxxxxxxx (default password is blank or password or dreambox)

once you have saved and connected to the box you should get access to the root of your box and should look like the right hand window of the below screenshot

Download your Cam from HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/) or mirror below.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

Im after CCcam 2.2.1 which is enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel
Once downloaded you need to transfer the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file into the /tmp folder on the box like below

Then transfer your CCcam.cfg file into the /etc/ folder

now go to your box and press Menu > Setup > VIX or Blue Button > Install Local Extension and you should have enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file in there

Press "Green" button to install and once completed it will ask for a "Gui Restart". Press OK and wait for box to come back on
Once the box is on press Menu/Setup/Softcam / CI/Softcam Manager and in there if you have done everything correctly you should see CCcam 2.2.1

Press "Green" to start CCcam 2.2.1 and it should now be active like below

Finally Press "Blue" to enable Auto Start and you are now ready and setup with CCcam 2.2.1

Hope you guys find this tutorial helpful any questions dont hesitate to ask in here

bassethound
28-05-11, 14:12
Great tutorial punisher im going to make this a sticky :thumbsup:

johno
28-05-11, 15:01
thankyou topman ;)

johno

punisher
29-05-11, 16:44
no probz guys thought it might come handy for people

notanotherone
29-05-11, 19:04
no probz guys thought it might come handy for people

why did you look at me when you wrote this :roflmao:

nice post mate much appreciated i can assure you

punisher
29-05-11, 19:06
lmao no lookin in any directions :p just pointin ^^^^^^^^

gothicpsyko
30-05-11, 07:15
Hi folks!
Im noob and had a dvb 500 before where i used mgcamd 1.35a
For my needs i have to get this cam work. now i use the newest ccam 2.2.1 and yes it works! but not god enough for my needs!
i have installed mgcamd 1.35a downloaded from4shared!
First i had it installed and almost every location i put my newcamd.list, newcamd.cfg, mgcam.list, mgcam.cfg"i tryed many names" it will not start and say i had to put my config in var/keys
At least i found some other files the mgcam needs, havent found it here in the forum. files like the mg_cfg.fil and some others! now im so long that the mgcam will start! but now a new error is showing up!
Cannot parse the emu.
i use the newst vix image.
i there anyone who use a mgcamd 1.35a and can give me an step by step tutorial what to install, where to place which files, what the files should be named and so on! i have tryed for days and cannot get it to work!
im a noob, on my dvb 500 i had to install the mgcamd and then just too place my newcamd list file ! why is this so complicated on my vu+ duo

Thx for help allready jet!

Alias1
30-05-11, 08:02
Binary /usr/softcams
/etc/keys/ mg_cfg and newcamd.list

gothicpsyko
30-05-11, 09:05
ok i will try that
what are the binary files ?
mg_cfg i have nad newcamd.list i have

Larry-G
30-05-11, 09:08
binary files are the .bin files.
if you installed the cam from the 4shared ipk files you should not need to worry about that as it should already be in the correct place.

punisher
30-05-11, 21:08
Sorry i forgot to mention about mgcamd .... the cam is installed the same way as above but the config files mg_cfg and newcamd.list go into /var/keys/

TK4|2|1
31-05-11, 08:27
complete noob question, where do i get cccam.cfg file from?

punisher
31-05-11, 09:13
Create 1 using notepad and save it as CCcam.cfg not CCcam.cfg.txt make sure the extension is .cfg

TK4|2|1
31-05-11, 18:27
Thanks, I am completely new to Linux and was setting up an et9000 for a customer, all went fine and straight forward.
Suppose I should say hi as well. Lol.

punisher
31-05-11, 18:53
Glad u sorted mate and welcome to the forum :p

joerogangolf
31-05-11, 22:25
hi there again, been getting better at this, had a few problems over the past few weeks, but am getting there thanks to you guys. great post easy explained instructions. but keep getting this message (no config files found please setup cccam first in/etc/cccam.cfg) for a breif period it shows it is running but just stops showing in the softcam seetup active banner. am doing every thing you say to the letter. when it is active no channels open though. entered my cline in notepad as it should be on one line,as it should be and saved as save as, and changed drop down box to all files.

punisher
31-05-11, 23:45
Do you have to keep activating it via the softcam manager? Also do you have to keep placing a copy of CCcam.cfg in /etc/ everytime it turns off?

Alias1
01-06-11, 00:22
hi there again, been getting better at this, had a few problems over the past few weeks, but am getting there thanks to you guys. great post easy explained instructions. but keep getting this message (no config files found please setup cccam first in/etc/cccam.cfg) for a breif period it shows it is running but just stops showing in the softcam seetup active banner. am doing every thing you say to the letter. when it is active no channels open though. entered my cline in notepad as it should be on one line,as it should be and saved as save as, and changed drop down box to all files.
A c Line in the CCcam.cfg suggests card sharing and that is a no no here
FYI use crimson editor for making the files as its unix compatible

ESM
11-06-11, 20:58
what a shame that in 2.2 this doesn´t seem to work.. I have tried it several times and end up with no cams to select :(

punisher
11-06-11, 21:09
what a shame that in 2.2 this doesn´t seem to work.. I have tried it several times and end up with no cams to select :(

This tutorial was done in vix 2.2. did you get the cam file show up in the IPK installer?

ESM
11-06-11, 21:30
yes, from there the install, ok when asked and nothing in the end. Mgcamd did it in one time. And the cccam came also from the website stated here.

EDIT: After the mgcamd file the install of cccam also worked. Beats me.

punisher
11-06-11, 21:31
Which version of cccam did u try?

ESM
11-06-11, 21:42
2.2.1, the latest

punisher
11-06-11, 22:33
Strange that. Try downloadin one of the other versions see if that shows up or not after install

Larry-G
11-06-11, 22:53
CCcam 2.2.1 works perfectly with VIX 2.2 i am using it now.

superduperstriker
11-06-11, 23:24
Silly question but

whats the difference between enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel and enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1.1_0-r0_mipsel?

punisher
12-06-11, 10:22
Im not too sure but i use enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel

Stanman
12-06-11, 14:00
It doesnt make any difference, and don't know why there are two. I have used both and it worked fine.

easy
12-06-11, 21:08
Hi,
Can you tell what version of mgcamd to installed with the VIX image please...regards.

bassethound
12-06-11, 22:24
Use this one enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk from the link in post below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

ESM
13-06-11, 15:17
I today did another Vu of a neighbour and there the same problem with the cccam 2.2.1 file that is on the server: it installs but does not turn up in the softcam section. First I had to install again another cam but then still no 2.2.1, he now has 2.1.4 because that one did turn up. I find it all kind of strange.

punisher
13-06-11, 15:23
im so suprised this is happening as loads of use cccam 2.2.1 file from the link in this post over and over again, I must have used it about 20 times lol and has never failed me once. I use Firefox 5 as my browser and flashfxp as my ftp and has never failed me once

ESM
13-06-11, 17:52
I don't understand it either, but it does.

For the fun of it (sick :)) I will install VIX all over again om ny Vu, with the cccam as first to install afterwards.

punisher
13-06-11, 17:55
try another browser, maybe the ipk is gettin corrupt during download ... i know its a long shot but i guess there not much else you can try but give it a go, use a different browser, download the file and transfer and install again see if that makes any difference

trapex
14-06-11, 13:04
Does anyone else have the same problem as me with Mgcamd not restarting after standby? I also after restart it if I watch a FTA channel for a long period of time and then switch to a paid channel. It's doing my head in CCCam works fine but this Mgcamd doesn't.

I'm using Mgcamd 1.35a and is working fine apart from the restart issue...can anyone help?

Thanks

ESM
14-06-11, 17:48
The solution is here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7858-mgcamd-autostart-does-not-work.

easy
14-06-11, 23:32
Thanks......

Use this one enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk from the link in post below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

Myrrdin
17-06-11, 18:05
I am totally new to all this, but have been forced to reinstall VIX on my ET9000.
The setup use MGcamd and I have updated the image to 2.2 and successfully innstalled enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk
I am also using my old newcamd.list in the right folder.

The problem is that I don't have a MG_cfg file to use!

Please advise how to get one, either where to download it or make one.
If I need to make one, I would be glad for an easy step-by-step guide:)

thfccambs
14-07-11, 20:15
Ok just loaded latest VIX image and now trying to load CCcam.

Problem being when i open DCC i don't seem to have a /tmp folder?

How do i get around this please?

Donnie
14-07-11, 20:24
With DCC right click and add a new folder and name it tmp, its that easy

thfccambs
14-07-11, 20:41
With DCC right click and add a new folder and name it tmp, its that easy

Donnie just as i thought, but it just doesn't appear there. even tried making a folder tmp on desktop
and FTP it.

Get cant create dictonary tmp.

This is now doing me head in.

Thanks for reply mate

Donnie
14-07-11, 20:48
Try using a different ftp prog, I use winscp which you can find for free.
It will show any hidden directories.

thfccambs
14-07-11, 21:12
Think im getting somewhere lol
Got there in end, had a folder in there that wouldn't let me add tmp
folder, deleted it and then it was fine.

All up and running now thanks

pooface
15-07-11, 05:48
The tmp folder is a symlink to /var/volatile/tmp ;)

Sent with Tapatalk

Alanp
15-07-11, 07:19
Sorry entered in error

thfccambs
16-07-11, 16:15
That was the one mate.

The tmp folder is a symlink to /var/volatile/tmp ;)

Sent with Tapatalk

SkyNet
09-08-11, 13:16
The VIX submenu doesn't have the option to install .ipk.
I am running VU+ Uno with the latest image; could there be something wrong or is this function disabled in the latest image?

Stanman
09-08-11, 13:30
The VIX submenu doesn't have the option to install .ipk.
I am running VU+ Uno with the latest image; could there be something wrong or is this function disabled in the latest image?
Yes it does, its blue button>VIX>install local extension. The IPK needs to be put into the tmp folder first

yvessr
16-08-11, 14:31
Hi all

I really need help URGENTLY !!!...
I am using Oscam 2.10 (stable version) and had it installed with by putting in the Oscam_1.00.4863 IPK and than replace/rename; that is working fine BUT... I now need to Edit the oscam.sh-file which normally is located in the usr/script-folder, but there is ... nothing there !!!
PLEASE help me just by indicating me the correct folder ???
Thanks a lot !:confused:

silverfox0786
17-08-11, 20:45
what script you on about if /usr/share is not avasilable then there is no script available either

hobartpaving
18-08-11, 15:00
I've had my Duo since January and always looked at this CCcam business as way too complicated so
accepted the limitations of my Sly HD box.
When I saw this I thought I'd finally read up and give it a go. Took me about 20 minutes and I can now
actually use the Duo for what I bought it for. I can't smile wide enough at the moment.
Many thanks for this info :thumbsup:

punisher
18-08-11, 19:54
glad u found it useful :p once you use it you really do get the hang of things, its just a matter of trying it and trying it and trying it till u nail it :p

jakatoore
10-09-11, 19:41
hi, I have just had v+uno from w-of-sat...having problem after creating CCcam.cfg from empty notepad should it have some code ? then transferred to etc folder using FZila but transfer failed...

softcam setup is active select ..c2.2.21 but there is no autostart after clicking green button...

Stanman
10-09-11, 20:00
hi, I have just had v+uno from w-of-sat...having problem after creating CCcam.cfg from empty notepad should it have some code ? then transferred to etc folder using FZila but transfer failed...

softcam setup is active select ..c2.2.21 but there is no autostart after clicking green button...

Did you reboot the box after installing the CCcam, had a similar issue this afternoon and had to reboot box twice and I could autostart the cam afterwards.

jakatoore
10-09-11, 20:07
yeah done it plenty of times, after sending the cccam.config file to etc folder via FileZila it shows Error:Connection timed out
Error: File transfer failed...

Stanman
10-09-11, 20:14
Where did you get the the CCcam IPK file from?

jakatoore
10-09-11, 20:22
I have followed the steps on page 1 of this thread

Stanman
10-09-11, 20:31
yeah done it plenty of times, after sending the cccam.config file to etc folder via FileZila it shows Error:Connection timed out
Error: File transfer failed...

That sounds like an error with filezilla so need to check your username etc to make sure its correct.
As for CCcam, if there is no config file it will not start up or autostart. Need to sort out FTP of the CFG file and than test autostart.

jakatoore
10-09-11, 20:51
That sounds like an error with filezilla so need to check your username etc to make sure its correct.
As for CCcam, if there is no config file it will not start up or autostart. Need to sort out FTP of the CFG file and than test autostart.

the user name is fine because I have managed to FTP cccam file to v+uno but I am having trouble with CFG file only..

I have created CFG file from notepad. Do I need to write something on CFG File... I have no clue on this mate...

punisher
10-09-11, 21:00
Yeh ur config file contains ur configuration in order to view channels. Thats as far as we go on that topic as its against the rules. Do a google search and ull find all the info u need on CCcam.cfg

Stanman
10-09-11, 21:01
the user name is fine because I have managed to FTP cccam file to v+uno but I am having trouble with CFG file only..

I have created CFG file from notepad. Do I need to write something on CFG File... I have no clue on this mate...

Try creating it wiht notepad+++ rather than notepad.

ahmed tabit
17-09-11, 11:28
many thanks mate very clear

Rimmel
18-09-11, 18:37
The solution is here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7858-mgcamd-autostart-does-not-work.

This works for coming out of standby and after a full restart but if you restart the GUI it fails :(

Does anyone know where the cam startup script is located on the ET5000/ET9000?

Rimmel
18-09-11, 18:41
what script you on about if /usr/share is not avasilable then there is no script available either

I think he's on about something like this:

How to - Oscam + Mgcamd1.35a start/stop cam script . Enigma 2
How to - Oscam + Mgcamd1.35a start/stop cam script . Enigma 2

This is a simple script for those enigma 2 images without cam + cardserver options in the softcam menu from blue button. You can still start/stop etc from blue button by simply modifying your existing script on your receiver. The scripts in enigma 2 on most images are in /usr/camscript. You can simply use your favourite editor to amend the scripts already contained on the box.

This script will start oscam first and then add a 15 second delay until starting mgcamd which allows oscam to take control of the internal readers.

The other benefit is that it enables you to install your own compiled oscam for your sat receiver and you dont have to rely on addon panels etc which contain old or buggy oscam versions.

#!/bin/sh
remove_tmp () {
rm -rf /tmp/ecm.info /tmp/pid.info /tmp/cardinfo
}
case "$1" in
start)
remove_tmp
/var/bin/oscam &
sleep 15
/var/bin/mgcamd_1.35a &
;;
stop)
touch /tmp/mgcamd_1.35a.kill
sleep 5
killall -9 mgcamd_1.35a oscam 2>/dev/null
sleep 2
remove_tmp
;;
*)
$0 stop
exit 1
;;
esac
exit 0

Not my work - taken from another site. But basically I think he wants to change the cam startup script (I do too)

ecksxx
19-09-11, 12:04
what about cccam 2.0.11 any ipk plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

punisher
19-09-11, 20:00
Why do u want to use 2.0.11?

silverfox0786
20-09-11, 22:06
its used for beta tunneling

its been added to the 4shared account

MikeBag
21-09-11, 10:41
Excellent tutorial - made things allot easier to do - thanks for your help on this one!

Nalareddep
21-09-11, 17:50
It strts by saying You need to access your CCcam.cfg file. Please tell me where to access it? Or do I have to write one?

silverfox0786
21-09-11, 17:51
you need to make yr own and add it to /etc

Nalareddep
21-09-11, 19:15
How do I access my Cccam.cfg file.

I cannot find it and I am confused with the amount of info that is needed to go in it. Are there any simple examples anywhere. I am simply trying to set up my box to use a sky card.

Stanman
21-09-11, 20:27
the cfg file is in /etc. If its not there use notepad+++ to create one and than ftp it to the box

also post 34 here will help as well. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11198-What-happens-if-I-use-a-Sky-Card/page4

Nalareddep
23-09-11, 13:18
I have followed this tutorial but when I get to

'Press "Green" to start CCcam 2.2.1 and it should now be active like below'

I get an error message 'no config files found ,please set up config files first in /etc/CCcam.cfg

I have placed a config file in etc/ which leaves me a tad lost :-(

any and all help appreciated

"

punisher
23-09-11, 14:46
Can u post a screenshot of ur ftp pointing at /etc/CCcam.cfg so we can see how u have name it as it should be CCcam.cfg and not CCcam.cfg.txt as i have seen in the past

Sanjhere
21-10-11, 21:52
Hello People!!

I hope you are all well?

I am totally new .... Brand New and errrrr looking for help or should I say "HELP"....I think they wrote all the Dummy books to help me (least it seems that way).

Hopefully an easy answer to my question below.

First - World of Satellite - Absolutely brilliant! good advice and would recommend to Friends and Family.

I am stuck at the first hurdle - looking at the VIX ccam's list to download ....which one do I download? Is it always the latest one or are they all for different VU+ boxes and I need to find what one I would need for mine? I have a VU+Solo ....

Thank you in advance....
Sanj

silverfox0786
21-10-11, 22:10
just download in yr case

CCcam.2.2.1

punisher
21-10-11, 22:36
Download the exact one that is mentioned in the tutorial. It uses the latest version.

korpen
24-11-11, 00:26
Good evening!
Just loaded vix 2.2 onto my brand new Xtrend ET 5000, and everything´s been peachy except for the mgcamd not working.
It installed right away, and it starts up just fine when rebooted, but I don´t get a picture.
I know with certainty, that my newcamd.list is accurate, so that leaves the mg_cfg.
I´d be ever so grateful, if anyone that got mgcamd working on the Xtrend ould like to share their mg_cfg.

Thank you in advance!

//Korpen

andy2110
22-01-12, 20:46
anyone know how to make the mgcamd stay active all the time? i have to restart the cam quite a lot..i dont have the same issue on my other vu+ box it just seems that this one is being very tempremental...must be time of the month for it :D:D

punisher
22-01-12, 20:49
few people have mentioned changing the box type in the mgcamd config file from 00 to 06 i think. i dont use it so not sure but if you do a search on the forum, the information is there

andy2110
22-01-12, 21:00
Thanks will give that a go, thick 6 is the dreambox in the config file so maybe better.

thanks as always punisher:thumbsup::thumbsup:

rikesh
27-01-12, 12:54
Hi,

Need a hand with this.

Got a Vu+ Solo working very well with CCcam 2.2.1 using the files from this thread. However, I have been recommended by payserver to try Mgcamd for better performance, so I downloaded 1.35a (from page 1 of this thread again) and installed as usual. Put config files [mgcamd config.zip] downloaded from http://www.filecrop.com/mgcamd-config.html in /usr/keys, input server information and changed box type from 00 to 06.

But it doesn't work. Same payserver works fine with CCcam so I can't understand where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks for your help

dean_m
29-01-12, 06:24
I have afew questions about the vu+uno . I want to flash it with the latest vix image is there anything i need todo before i flash as i read on another form something about having flash kernal first ? I want to run cccam and mgcamd I know how to install the cams but dont know where to put the c:/n: lines as i have been told they are different config files and dont come with the cams when installed Where can i get both config files and where do i put them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Larry-G
29-01-12, 06:41
I have afew questions about the vu+uno . I want to flash it with the latest vix image is there anything i need todo before i flash as i read on another form something about having flash kernal first ? I want to run cccam and mgcamd I know how to install the cams but dont know where to put the c:/n: lines as i have been told they are different config files and dont come with the cams when installed Where can i get both config files and where do i put them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

you need to go back and read the rules you agreed to when you set up the account.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2
3. Emulator config's can be discussed ONLY to use Official subscription cards in a members receiver.

3a. NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN!

halus61
31-01-12, 20:12
Thank you

rikesh
31-01-12, 22:10
Hi,

Need a hand with this.

Got a Vu+ Solo working very well with CCcam 2.2.1 using the files from this thread. However, I have been recommended by payserver to try Mgcamd for better performance, so I downloaded 1.35a (from page 1 of this thread again) and installed as usual. Put config files [mgcamd config.zip] downloaded from http://www.filecrop.com/mgcamd-config.html in /usr/keys, input server information and changed box type from 00 to 06.

But it doesn't work. Same payserver works fine with CCcam so I can't understand where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks for your help

Solved this problem using Mgcamd 1.38 from: http://linuxsat-support.com/mgcamd-files/8085-mgcamd-1-38-a-2.html#post34305

I would recommend these files are added to page 1 of this thread! No need to change box type either, they've fixed this in 1.38.

GiP
24-02-12, 15:48
Hi,

I am trying to get CCcam 2.3.0 from 4shared but it doesn't work. I tried several times but it's really slow and it stops after a little while ( it's still there at 15% after 30 mins) or it stops before it gets to 100%. I tried the torrent file but it doesn't seem to work at all.

Is there another site from where I can download it?

G

Stanman
24-02-12, 20:29
I have just tried it this very second and its working fine mate.

GiP
25-02-12, 00:55
I have just tried it this very second and its working fine mate.

I tried it too and this time it worked at the first try. Maybe there was a kink in the 'tubes somewhere (for two days?).

Thanks,
G

mnewton22
20-03-12, 20:58
Hi there very good tutorial all worked many thanks Michael

cga
18-10-12, 00:15
How do you add the lines to Vu+Duo?

I have installed some CCAM and NewCamd but I don't know how and where to add the lines

judge
18-10-12, 00:30
How do you add the lines to Vu+Duo?

I have installed some CCAM and NewCamd but I don't know how and where to add the lines

What lines? have you a local card you want to work?

cga
18-10-12, 00:43
How to add the IP port user and pasword to the ccam I installed. In the eagle box if very easy to add it in the GUI but here I don't know
I ftp my box and I copy the ccams then I installed them from the box but how I add the IP, etc to it

Stanman
18-10-12, 18:53
No cardsharing talk please.

coryhopwood
28-10-12, 11:42
Hi....New to this....bare with me...
Trying to instal CC cam as described in this tutorial on my VU+ Ultimo
Followed all steps, correctly i think, up to .......

now go to your box and press Menu/Setup/System/VIX/Install Local Extension and you should have enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file in there

On my menu after i press Menu...Setup....System....I dont have an option for VIX???

Where have i gone wrong or am i following the wrong procedure for my box?

Sicilian
28-10-12, 11:48
Hi....New to this....bare with me...
Trying to instal CC cam as described in this tutorial on my VU+ Ultimo
Followed all steps, correctly i think, up to .......

now go to your box and press Menu/Setup/System/VIX/Install Local Extension and you should have enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file in there

On my menu after i press Menu...Setup....System....I dont have an option for VIX???

Where have i gone wrong or am i following the wrong procedure for my box?

Should be Menu > Setup > ViX or Blue button > ViX.

coryhopwood
28-10-12, 13:51
Should be Menu > Setup > ViX or Blue button > ViX.

Hi....Thanks for the reply.....still no joy....

I still have no option for Vix or Blue button to select on arrival at setup menu

On the box menu I have the following to choose from after selecting setup:

Service Searching
System
Common Interface
Parental Control
Factory Reset

??? any ideas ???

Larry-G
28-10-12, 14:02
are you sure your using a ViX image ?

menu> information> about. tell us what it says in there.

coryhopwood
28-10-12, 14:18
your right....as soon as you told me that....i realized i had not downloaded the Vix image
I assumed it had been done already by my pal who was trial ing the box for me!

currently downloading the most up to date image
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BUltimo/&file=openvix-3.0.390-vuultimo_usb.zip
and will flash the machine with this then try again
ill let you know how i get on......

cheers

Larry-G
28-10-12, 14:19
your right....as soon as you told me that....i realized i had not downloaded the Vix image
I assumed it had been done already by my pal who was trial ing the box for me!

currently downloading the most up to date image
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BUltimo/&file=openvix-3.0.390-vuultimo_usb.zip
and will flash the machine with this then try again
ill let you know how i get on......

cheers

no worries, at least you now know where to start from.

coryhopwood
28-10-12, 16:03
Hi.....Updated the most up to date vix image to my ultimo box and followed the tutorial exactly as it says
Finished all steps without problem

Got the ccam.2.2.1 active and pressed blue button

All seems to have worked........except i can only see free to air channels...bbc etc..all encrypted channels like sky 1 just go black screen?
The box shows that sky 1 is on and what is currently showing and how much has elapsed but just not on tv screen

Any ideas??

Sicilian
28-10-12, 16:16
Hi.....Updated the most up to date vix image to my ultimo box and followed the tutorial exactly as it says
Finished all steps without problem

Got the ccam.2.2.1 active and pressed blue button

All seems to have worked........except i can only see free to air channels...bbc etc..all encrypted channels like sky 1 just go black screen?
The box shows that sky 1 is on and what is currently showing and how much has elapsed but just not on tv screen

Any ideas??

Did you setup a CCcam.cfg in /etc? Did you actually start CCcam in softcam manager?

coryhopwood
28-10-12, 17:06
Hi
I have now fixed it........There must have been a problem with my original CCam.cfg file
I re-wrote the cfg file and re put it in the ETC folder
Rebooted the Ultimo
And works a treat now :)

A note to all readers of this......the guide works perfect.....its only my own inability that made it difficult!

Thank you all for your expertise and quick replys

Most appreciated

C.H

Plasticfantastic
05-11-12, 12:26
hi followed this tutorial , but the CCcam file into the tmp folder etc, went to box into vix and the local extensions folder is empty any ideas?

Sicilian
16-11-12, 07:51
Added easier download links for ViX softcams to 1st post.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

Chills
22-11-12, 10:41
Fantastic help. Thank you so much - spent ages searching the net, found your thread and it explained it perfectly.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

huey45
02-12-12, 17:58
Hi Punisher

Thats for tut on installing cccam on vix images, im a noob so please bear with me
im running the latest vix image v4.2.4

i got to this point and got lost, i cant see the following :-
Press OK and wait for box to come back on
Once the box is on press Menu/Setup/Softcam / CI/Softcam Manager and in there if you have done everything correctly you should see CCcam 2.2.1

My meaning is i cant find "Menu/Setup/Softcam /CI/Softcam Manager" ?? in your pics shows green settee ??
but working past that i have cccam 2.3.0 shown on title bar but nothing is opening
i know i have a valid cccam.cfg in /etc folder
where does cccam program reside in which folder is it etc as above ??

thanks in advance

huey45
02-12-12, 18:56
Hi im also trying to find the softcam manager, please point me how using the latest vix image 4.2.4 ?

abu baniaz
02-12-12, 19:07
CS is not allowed here. You must be talking about your own card. The config file that contains your card details must be named CCcam.cfg and not cccam.cfg.

For Softcam Manager, On the remote, press blue and then scroll to Softcam Manager. I suspect you have been there already.

At the top, it should say "Active:" Next to this it will list active emulators. If blank, there is no running emulator.

Pay attention to the text next to the buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Green = If it says Stop, it is running. i.e receiver is asking you to press button to stop. If it says Start, it is not running. Press button to start
Blue= If it says Disable Startup, it is set to start automatically, there will also be a tick next to the emulator name. Receiver is asking you to press Blue to disable startup. If it says "enable startup", press to blue enable startup.

Markymark
11-12-12, 20:49
Hi all,

Now feeling like I should try some other cams. I have been reading around and MGcamd seems recommended. Now I have a few questions about this which I'm hoping people will be kind enough to answer.

1) can I install MGcamd alongside the cccam that I currently use?
2) As I run my sly card off cccam can I set up so MGcamd uses the cccam setup for this? (If so how do I go abut doing it)

The other thing that has been mentioned to me is this OScam. Is this worth installing and again can it run alongside my cccam?

dolara
24-12-12, 21:35
Hi 2 all,
I am really nooby user, I have et9000 since 3 days, thanks to you I have installed and run cccam, also stream to my Iphone. For just the begining its perfect.
Thanks for simple "how to". You have to know that you are helping to many people, guys.

amuceku
28-12-12, 19:30
Hi, I have installed the openvix-3.0.339 in vu duo and cccam2.2.1, now everything works except cccaminfo on blue button. it just won't show any info.. the cccam is working very well with local card and all channels are clearing. any help much appreciated.

amuceku
29-12-12, 17:41
Hi, ignore my previous post... My password in cfg was too strong for cccaminfo...

chillerman
30-12-12, 13:23
Hello I’m a newbie so please forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I have managed to download the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk file but am unable to locate the CCcam.cfg file any pointers would be very welcome.

judge
30-12-12, 13:32
Hello I’m a newbie so please forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I have managed to download the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk file but am unable to locate the CCcam.cfg file any pointers would be very welcome.

Create one yourself with a text editor & upload it to /etc/

chillerman
01-01-13, 14:36
Thank you :)

Regent
14-01-13, 19:48
having an issue with the enigma file as I have ftp it to the tmp directory (which i could see it with FlashFXP) however, I cannot see it withinthe Vix/install localextension:IPK Installer. The list is empty. where Iam doing wrong?

Thanks

marty
14-01-13, 19:50
Is it unzipped?

olly
14-01-13, 19:51
Im having a problem with mgcamd,everytime i activate the cam i get the message that i need to setup MGcamd first in etc/keys.I had similar problem at this stage when setting up my vu solo,and cannot remember what im doing wrong,is it spelling or am i putting my details in the wrong file or location??
Been trying ages had to give up for now.
I installed mgcamd ipk file and thats installed.
Olly

Regent
14-01-13, 19:57
this is the file I ftped 'enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk' so it has .ipk extension so it has to be unzipped.

Just for further infomation. this is a new box and the first item I am installing follwing the Vix installation.

marty
14-01-13, 20:01
If it is .ipk then it is already unzipped :)

If you put the .ipk on a USB stick it should popup on the screen when you plug it in :cool:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25199-IPK-auto-install-from-USB-support-added

ikkeenjij36
20-01-13, 21:48
Hi there i'v been flashing some images in my uno and have everything running now icluding cccam and oscam.
Just will explain why i went to oscam cause i've been hearing of a backdoor in cccam 2.1.3 and thats why went to oscam and ass a saf backup cccam still installed with all thE lines to HOMESHARE with 2 other boxes in home.
But evrytime i flash a imag i'm losing all my config's but i have them on my pc.
Is it right that i hve to make my own cfg's when i flash vix image?
Should be a bad thing thing for me cause takes quite some time to get evrything back running again?
Is there anyway to put in the cam's and just put back my cfg's to oscam and cccam?
In a easy way?

Gphoenix
24-01-13, 13:41
Hi Guys, New at this but seem to have made strides thanks to this forum.

I have a Technomate Tm-T2 and have chosen to use oscam-7969+cccam-213-vix_oe2_all.ipk as my reciever is using VIX however i need to make a .cfg file and FTP it over to the reciever. I have notepad open but what do I have to put in the notepad before saving it as a .cfg?

People keep saying write what you want? Which doesnt quite compute with me?

Please help

dougieduncan
04-02-13, 17:35
great guide im a total novice and was cra++ing myself at the thought of even trying this but all worked out so its a big thanks from:thumbsup:

samhp
08-02-13, 15:31
Hi there just a quick one. Is there a reason why sometimes when I install the IPK the CCcam binary goes into /usr/bin/ rather than /usr/softcam/ ?

I have to manually move it after install for it to work correctly.

judge
08-02-13, 15:32
Hi there just a quick one. Is there a reason why sometimes when I install the IPK the CCcam binary goes into /usr/bin/ rather than /usr/softcam/ ?

I have to manually move it after install for it to work correctly.

where did you get the IPK from?
ViX cams can be found on http://openvix.co.uk, was it one of these?

sebhki
09-02-13, 20:50
How can I configure to start oscam 1st, wait 10 seconds and then start cccam ? Otherwise, cccam hijacks the card oscam is supposed to read ...

sebhki
09-02-13, 23:07
Just found out that the order in which the cams are selected to enable startup do have an influence on this.
As a result, it works ;)

tomthebomb1968
10-02-13, 04:32
Just # out the lines in CCcam.cfg that refer to readers

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Henry D
19-03-13, 00:28
Hello. I've tried following this for the ET9500 But the menu is completely different from the 9000 or the 9200. is there a plan to upgrade the tutorial showing sequence of events for the ET9500 or point me in the direction where I can find some instructions. Thank you.

Larry-G
19-03-13, 00:43
Hello. I've tried following this for the ET9500 But the menu is completely different from the 9000 or the 9200. is there a plan to upgrade the tutorial showing sequence of events for the ET9500 or point me in the direction where I can find some instructions. Thank you.

Which exact image are you using as the ViX image is almost identical among all the supported receivers with a small exception where hardware differences may come into play. also it's worth pointing out that this tutorial was made a very long time ago and much has changed in the image since then, but the basics still remain the same for installing and setting up cams etc.

Henry D
21-03-13, 23:37
I wish this could be updated to show step by step how this is done on the ET9500 as the options on the box does are not the same? there is no Blue button option. Can anyone post this for ET9500? Many thanks Sleepyhead Essex UK.

judge
21-03-13, 23:55
I wish this could be updated to show step by step how this is done on the ET9500 as the options on the box does are not the same? there is no Blue button option. Can anyone post this for ET9500? Many thanks Sleepyhead Essex UK.

What image & build number are you using?
ViX images on all supported boxes work pretty much the same way.

randyboy
22-03-13, 12:26
I'm having a weird issue when installing my mgcamd. I have uploaded my config but when restarting the cam(enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel) my VIX installation(openvix-3.0.632-vusolo_usb) says it will not start because i have to put my config in /var/keys. Well, if it werent for linux-shortcuts thats where i put it. But i see the patch to the config is now /usr/keys.

What can be done?

abu baniaz
22-03-13, 12:44
/var/keys is a symbolic link to /usr/keys. If you go to /var/keys you will be directed to /usr/keys

Are you sure that your files are correctly named? mg_cfg and newcamd.list?

randyboy
22-03-13, 12:48
Oh, i can see now i prolly havent done this 100% when youreply to me. The mg_cfg i dont have at all... Where to get it and does that go in /etc/?

But i got newcamd.list correct tho... But if the mg_cfg is vital that might be the reason :)

abu baniaz
22-03-13, 12:52
Here you go. Both go in /usr/keys

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24555-original-vu-duo&p=182712&viewfull=1#post182712

randyboy
22-03-13, 12:57
Here you go. Both go in /usr/keys

That did it for me, thank you very much :)

Sun City
03-04-13, 19:06
let me ask something.
how can i unistall the cccam 2.1.1 for example and put an other version?
when i try to install another cccam ipk file the receiver show me a message that this is impossible because there is already a cccam installed.
Thanks.

abu baniaz
03-04-13, 19:58
To remove any installed softcams, process is as below.

Menu > Plugins > Red Button (remove plugins) > cams > Highlight the one you want to remove and press OK.

mickyblueys
03-04-13, 20:13
To remove any installed softcams, process is as below.

Menu > Plugins > Red Button (remove plugins) > cams > Highlight the one you want to remove and press OK.

Just reading thread out of interest and noticed
I don't have "cams" when in plugins removal screen. I'm on vix 643.

I'm running cccam 2.2.1

Strange.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sun City
03-04-13, 20:19
Ok..
of course...how stup.. iam.... :) :) :) :)
Thanks

and something else i download display plugins but nothing changes.
what plugin is the display plugin?

DjSteel
24-04-13, 09:53
Hi and many thanks for your tutorial !!!

I have a question concerning the cccam.cfg. After i installed the cccam i clicked for it to start i got a message saying no cccam config file found (or something like that). So i downloaded the cccam.cfg from my old box onto my mac and then uploaded it to the var/ect/ folder. I also edited text where the cam version is written as the cam that i installed on the ned box was different . Is this all OK or will it not work to its best like this (glitching of freezing )???

Many thanks !

jarrnick
02-05-13, 11:28
It can be made easier still by useing Dreambox Control Center. I have a link with full instructions but as its to another site im not sure if thats ok.

Nick

shahramspiner
04-05-13, 02:33
Hi I transfer cccam account to my receiver but I have ipad2 not pc or laptop can help me on transfer please