PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to play tuner A through HDMI and route tuner B to scart?

deckymckeown
27-05-11, 13:46
This may sound like a stupid question, but i have a video sender connected to the scart output of my vu+ duo, and the HDMI connected to the main tv. On the second TV i obviously get the same channel sent from the video sender.

Is it possible on any image to route tuner B to the scart, so that i can watch a different channel on the second TV.

I know when i login to the web interface i can stream a different channel to my laptop, but just wondering if there was a similar thing that i could do to make this work through the scart?

shax
27-05-11, 18:57
No I dont think that is possible mate as the hdmi and the scart are both output
the same video all the time I use the output to 2 tv

deckymckeown
27-05-11, 21:18
No I dont think that is possible mate as the hdmi and the scart are both output
the same video all the time I use the output to 2 tv

No worries, cheers for the reply. Still handy enough i suppose to connect the laptop to my TV and stream a second channel via the web interface

plusser
29-05-11, 16:05
No worries, cheers for the reply. Still handy enough i suppose to connect the laptop to my TV and stream a second channel via the web interface

I don't think it's possible - if I am wrong, please tell me how you do it (watch two different channels).

+er

deckymckeown
31-05-11, 11:05
Sorry for late reply Plusser, im only seeing your reply now.

I have the duo connected to my main tv. I then log into the web interface and click on a channel, then the small tv icon to stream the channel. I have VLC media player installed on my laptop and make it the default media player.

Tuner A plays through my main TV and tuner B plays the web stream of the second channel. My laptop has HDMI output on it so i am when i connect it to my second TV i am able to stream HD channels also, but i notice you do sometimes get a bit of a breakup. SD channels are perfect tho. I have noticed the record icon flashes when both tuners are in use, so i would imagine it works on the same principal as if you were recording 1 channel and watching another.

You do also need a decent upload speed on your ISP though, as recently i upgraded to 50meg v**in media and its only now that i have been able to get the streaming to work flawlessly.

plusser
31-05-11, 16:10
Sorry for late reply Plusser, im only seeing your reply now.

I have the duo connected to my main tv. I then log into the web interface and click on a channel, then the small tv icon to stream the channel. I have VLC media player installed on my laptop and make it the default media player.

Tuner A plays through my main TV and tuner B plays the web stream of the second channel. My laptop has HDMI output on it so i am when i connect it to my second TV i am able to stream HD channels also, but i notice you do sometimes get a bit of a breakup. SD channels are perfect tho. I have noticed the record icon flashes when both tuners are in use, so i would imagine it works on the same principal as if you were recording 1 channel and watching another.

You do also need a decent upload speed on your ISP though, as recently i upgraded to 50meg v**in media and its only now that i have been able to get the streaming to work flawlessly.

It works! Thanks very much - never thought it was possible to view two different channels at once - excellent find, Cheers!

+er

deckymckeown
31-05-11, 17:45
No worries..... it is pretty handy!!!

abynk
01-06-11, 00:20
I don't think it's possible - if I am wrong, please tell me how you do it (watch two different channels).

+er
I have watched 3 channels from my duo simultaneously obviously 2 from same transponder.
1 main tv via hdmi
2 laptop web interface
3 android dreamdroid

xarqi
01-06-11, 14:29

You shouldn't have any issues streaming HD content across a wired LAN. If you're trying to do it with WiFi, that's a less certain proposition.
What does upload speed to the internet have to do with streaming across your LAN?

deckymckeown
03-06-11, 15:09
You shouldn't have any issues streaming HD content across a wired LAN. If you're trying to do it with WiFi, that's a less certain proposition.
What does upload speed to the internet have to do with streaming across your LAN?

Im streaming via wireless to the other room, so thats why im having problems with the HD channels. The upload speed becomes an issue for me when trying to stream externally...

punisher
03-06-11, 15:12
i finally got my upstream upto 5.5mb and streamin externally to my iphone via 3g connection while sat in my van works a treat now wo0ot wo0ot :p

silverfox0786
03-06-11, 15:31
i got a question

when watching sky italia on tv i can set language to english

but if i watch via web interface its in italian and i cant see an audio stream setting

does anyine know how to change audio on pc webif mode

Stanman
03-06-11, 16:18
Do you stream through vlc as there is an option to change audio?

xarqi
04-06-11, 00:24
The upload speed becomes an issue for me when trying to stream externally...

Gotcha! Makes perfect sense to me now.

silverfox0786
04-06-11, 00:38
Do you stream through vlc as there is an option to change audio?

i will try vlc was using wmp