PDA

View Full Version : Please help ftp problem

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 06:57
hi there am trying to setup my receiver, have been at it for 2wks trying diffrent things,i am trying to install cccam, i have the vix image loaded, am using the vu control centre(via filezilla) to ftp to my receiver all connections seem ok and no error messages. i have transfered cam packs to the tmp folder, and on a notepad i have cccam.cfg to etc. but nothing seems to be happening going into all menus on receiver but no change. am pulling out my hair here. i have even paid money for some cams, that said To install simply FTP to /tmp, then install using the IPK installer in the VIX Menu under blue button. but i go to ipk installer there is nothing there either. i have looked in all the posts but cant find any imformation.:confused:

Sicilian
26-05-11, 07:06
You paid for something that is freely available here! :confused: You should name a shame the thieving gits here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?207-Name-and-shame-rogue-traders

Guide to ftp with filezilla here

http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Using

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 09:38
hi have read the note on the ftp it seems to show its transfered, but does not show me anything on my receiver. thanks
:confused:

Sicilian
26-05-11, 09:45
Is the ipk zipped or rar'd? If so extract the ipk first on your pc then ftp to /tmp

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 09:45
think its something on the receiver that i am doing wrong. once you have transfer on the ftp filezilla program what are supposed to do then??

Sicilian
26-05-11, 09:47
Blue button > ViX Menu > IPK installer, should show in there, then you press green to install.

canthackit
26-05-11, 09:51
ok
have you tried to manually install ther files?
have you tried to manually ftp the CCcam file directly to /usr/softcams?
then go to menu>setup>softcam>start

and blimy theres a been a lot of replies while i've been typing this:D

regards: canthackit

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 09:57
Blue button > ViX Menu > IPK installer, should show in there, then you press green to install.

have tryed this but inside the box is empty.

Sicilian
26-05-11, 09:58
You can't be ftp'ing to the correct place then.

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 10:04
ok
have you tried to manually install ther files?
have you tried to manually ftp the CCcam file directly to /usr/softcams?
then go to menu>setup>softcam>start

and blimy theres a been a lot of replies while i've been typing this:D

how would you do this? not sure on how to go about this had a spiderbox hd9000 before this and was so easy to use and setup, am trying to get into this more so i up graded to the vu+ duo cause it looks as if its the best box for the price. but have at this for weeks trying to get setup and am losing it. its pretty confusing. if you could explain in laymans terms it would be fantastic. thanks for the quick reply. all help greatly app

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 10:06
You can't be ftp'ing to the correct place then.

could you explain how to do it in laymans terms on how to plz. dont know what i am doing wrong.

Sicilian
26-05-11, 10:13
Look at the filezilla ftp guide i posted.

canthackit
26-05-11, 10:43
ok then do as The Boss says.

but do try the manual method copy over or ftp the binary file that is CCcam into /usr/softcams (thing i forgot mention chmod the file to 755 you'll find this by right mousing>file permissions)
then copy over your .cfg file to /etc and chmod to 755.

restart the cam as mentioned earlier eh wallah clear piccys.

regars: canthackit

punisher
26-05-11, 12:15
ok start again ...

download this cccam 2.2.1 from the link below

http://www.4shared.com/file/jUEod-Uz/enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam221_1.html

transfer that enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file to the /tmp folder in your ftp
once you have done that press menu/setup/vix/ipk installer and install the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk
when you have installed CCcam 2.2.1 then you will need to transfer your configuration file to the /etc folder via ftp. make sure you name the file CCcam.cfg (exactly like that)
when you have done that and the box has restarted press menu/setup/softcam manager and press yellow button to start the CCcam 2.2.1 and then press blue to autostart it

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 13:53
[QUOTE=Sicilian;64238]Look at the filezilla ftp guide i posted
just checked i am doing everything the way it is supposed to do only thing is i am leaving host blank, username blank, and password black. i am using filezilla through the **********.com VU+ PROGRAMMER, and it asks you to put in ip address on first control centre screen, could this be where my fault lies, it i was to manually go through filezilla what would i write in host,username,password. tryed leaving black but wont work. thanks in advance for your help.

canthackit
26-05-11, 14:22
server ip is your Duo addy.
user: root
pass: leave blank

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 14:37
[QUOTE=canthackit;64274]server ip is your Duo addy.
user: root
pass: leave blank[/QUOsorry if this sounds stupid but where it says HOST i enter my server ip address. :)

canthackit
26-05-11, 16:38
sorry mate i din't realise i thought use was using your reciever.
so let's clear this up you are using you Duo as a server?

if yes then enter that ip in host, then as per norm user:root pass:leave blank

we'll get there eventually mate i promise :D

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 19:45
sorry mate i din't realise i thought use was using your reciever.
so let's clear this up you are using you Duo as a server?

if yes then enter that ip in host, then as per norm user:root pass:leave blank

we'll get there eventually mate i promise :D

no not using as server just receiver at moment, was just thinking, does the laptop have to be hardwired to vu+ duo receiver to ftp???
:confused: thanks

punisher
26-05-11, 20:09
No thats why you use an ftp program and connect to the vu duo by its ip address. Aslong as its connected via the same router you use for ur internet

canthackit
26-05-11, 20:21
@ joe
now you've got me thinking, i know it's very very basic but now your talking about the lappie....you do have your network settings setup correctly dont you :thumbsup:

only it's beating me why there's what seems to be other problems as well, if we can't resolve it soon i'd suggest we start from the very begining and reinstall the image preferably with VIX 2.1 and we all run through the whole setup procedure bit by bit :eek:

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 21:21
hi canthackit i am real glad of the help, have checked all network setting and seem to be fine. am real sure i am using filezilla properly as well. under network setting it says

use interface yes
use dhcp yes

primary dns 192.168.1.2#4
secondary dns 0.0.0.0

current settings:
ip address 192.168.#.69
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.2##

network lan connection

think every thing is ok

Stanman
26-05-11, 21:53
Try if you can connect with DCC? its in the download section on the forum. It has a search facility which is quite handy for finding the IP address of all other devices connected to the network.

joerogangolf
26-05-11, 23:42
hi guys back again :rolleyes: ok the story so far is some thing is wrong. big time with me image, my box, or me fillezilla. story is spent near a whole day at this thing today.
1. all network setting are correct (as at a few stages files showed in ipk installer)
2. i am using filezilla properly as file did transfer over to box (could check this by going into media player and it shows every file list on box and also as i said above they showed in ipk installer)
3. problem once in installed in ipk and went through all load in procedures and then put my Cccam.config file in etc and ftp to vu+, restarted and went setup>softcam/ci>softcam manager>press yellow button to start the CCcam 2.2.1 and then press blue to autostart it. it green screened me and then all setting where lost.
4. when i try to load all back on i have to spend an hour messing around on filezilla ftp for them to showup again in ipk installer.
5. am losing the will to live. is it just me(it seems so straight forward) but it wont work.
6. help
7.plz help(the wife thinks i am mental spending days at his lol)

:alien:

Alias1
26-05-11, 23:47
Dumb question but did you CHMOD it to 755

basilyoung
26-05-11, 23:53
first of all, please keep the post to the point, to much "help" "plz help" LOSING THE WILL TOP LIVE etc, just confuses the post

as far as the image goes, did you go to image manager after you installed the image, and get an online update, if no...then please do so

before we proceed, this needs to be done or confirmed

punisher
26-05-11, 23:53
Did you name the file CCcam.cfg (exactly like that)?

joerogangolf
27-05-11, 09:27
first of all, please keep the post to the point, to much "help" "plz help" LOSING THE WILL TOP LIVE etc, just confuses the post

as far as the image goes, did you go to image manager after you installed the image, and get an online update, if no...then please do so

before we proceed, this needs to be done or confirmed

did not do this. will not get a chance till monday now as heading away for the weekend. did not see anywhere where i had to do this, bu t why try thx

joerogangolf
27-05-11, 09:27
Did you name the file CCcam.cfg (exactly like that)?

yes it was exactly like that.

canthackit
27-05-11, 09:28
@ Joe
when selecting the cam start it's green button>then blue for autostart.....not yellow>blue.

joerogangolf
27-05-11, 09:29
Dumb question but did you CHMOD it to 755

what do you mean by CHMOD it to 755??

joerogangolf
27-05-11, 09:44
@ Joe
when selecting the cam start it's green button>then blue for autostart.....not yellow>blue.

was just doing what i was adviced to do in a earlier post (when you have installed CCcam 2.2.1 then you will need to transfer your configuration file to the /etc folder via ftp. make sure you name the file CCcam.cfg (exactly like that)
when you have done that and the box has restarted press menu/setup/softcam manager and press yellow button to start the CCcam 2.2.1 and then press blue to autostart it ) could that green sceen me??

punisher
27-05-11, 10:18
Not if everything is done correctly. Can you see cccam 2.2.1 is the softcam manager?

joerogangolf
27-05-11, 10:30
Not if everything is done correctly. Can you see cccam 2.2.1 is the softcam manager?
no softcam manager is blank

punisher
27-05-11, 10:34
Ok press menu/setup/vix/ipk installer. Have you got cccam 2.2.1 in there?

joerogangolf
27-05-11, 10:42
Ok press menu/setup/vix/ipk installer. Have you got cccam 2.2.1 in there?

at a few stages last night it did show up in there but once i done this:
when you have installed CCcam 2.2.1 then you will need to transfer your configuration file to the /etc folder via ftp. make sure you name the file CCcam.cfg (exactly like that)
when you have done that and the box has restarted press menu/setup/softcam manager and press yellow button to start the CCcam 2.2.1 and then press blue to autostart it.

when i done all this it didnt show anything in softcam manager, and green screened on me.
think i will try reflashing a new image and do everyting again from the beginning. done a couple of factory resets but didnt work

punisher
27-05-11, 11:38
ok, transfer the ipk file into the /tmp/ folder like you did before, transfer the CCcam.cfg file into the /etc/ folder and then on the box press menu/setup/vix/ipk installer and install the cccam 2.2.1. then once it has done that press menu/setup/softcam manager press yellow to start the cccam 2.2.1 then blue button to auto start it

Stanman
27-05-11, 18:29
Its green to start the cam for the first time, yellow is to restart it, if it is already in running but stuck or something

canthackit
28-05-11, 11:56
@Joe
do you have a VIX version of CCcam?
if you do! i would suggest instead of all this sodding about with ipk files that you just open up filezilla or Dreambox Control Center or whatever you use and copy over the CCcam_221 file directly into /usr/softcam.
then go to Duo and press menu>setup>softcam>green button>blue button, we'll worry about the .cfg file if and when we CCcam up and running.

if on the other hand CCcam is not listed in the softcam option we then can start doing the investigating.

Stanman
28-05-11, 13:08
Just to add to canthackits post, once you have ftp to the box right click the file and change permissions to 755 otherwise it wont show in softcM.

Alias1
28-05-11, 13:22
@Joe
if you do! i would suggest instead of all this sodding about with ipk files that you just open up filezilla or Dreambox Control Center or whatever you use and copy over the CCcam_221 file directly into /usr/softcam.
then go to Duo and press menu>setup>softcam>green button>blue button, we'll worry about the .cfg file if and when we CCcam up and running.

if on the other hand CCcam is not listed in the softcam option we then can start doing the investigating.

After 4 pages yours is the best post so far well done man just to add any CCcam binary will do the same

canthackit
28-05-11, 14:08
@ Alias1

hello mate!
well i've learnt something there i thought the Vix version was the one only came with the start script in the binary file ;) and therefore was the only softcam that would work on this image.

joerogangolf
30-05-11, 13:12
@Joe

hi there back again.
vix cams showed up in the softcam screen, but once you press green or blue says non standard softcam , starting this may fail. is this what its supposed to say. tryed a complete restart of the image right through to see if it make any difference. but no, must be doing things right if what you told me to do shows up in the softcam screen.

Stanman
30-05-11, 15:26
If you put it into USR/SOFTCAM need to change permissions to 755 buyright clicking. Personally I have come round to thinking DCC is not such a good FTP programme, I had problems with FTPing softcams and it would freeze and glitch, since using filezilla (touch wood) its been fine.

canthackit
31-05-11, 18:31
do as Stanman says mate.

if you aint got filezilla just google it.

and just to reiterate what stan has said when you've copied over the Cam Chmod 755 it.

and make sure you read my last post a page back.

joerogangolf
01-06-11, 13:41
GUYS got it sussed, a big thanks to all you,s who steered me in the right direction.