PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

Floffy
25-05-11, 22:11
Hi there I am new to this forum and to the Clarke-tech ET9000 with VIX.

I have the last couple of years used my old Relook 400s and been happy with it the most of the time.
But now i took the step and bought this ET9000.

i have just got it in the door today and have played a couple of hours with it and with a little start problems, it wouldnt read my old usb stick during flashing so had to use an newer model, it now works quite good with cccam, harddrive, vi@sat and CD.

But now i have a couple of questions.

EPG - the epg on Vi@sat channels work flawless and gives me about a week of EPG :eek:, but the CD only gives me Now and next..?

Webinterface - in the webinterface plugin i chose to have http auth. since i want to use the webinterface from wan but i dont want everybody else to use it to. But how do i set the username and password?

Plugins - Which plugins do you have? and which would you recommend? I plan to use the box to play movies from my fileserver also.

Background - is it possible to change the background picture that shows the starting and loading enigma..?

I think this is it for now. but i'm sure that there will be more.. :-)

drs101
26-05-11, 13:20
Hi

for Background and boot logos check this link, I made some so you are welcome to use them or take a look to get an idea of where to put them in the file system, but basically you need to make some .jpg's and convert them to .mvi, google for the conversion tool.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8617-BootLogo-s-for-you-all&p=63885#post63885

Floffy
26-05-11, 19:11
Hi

for Background and boot logos check this link, I made some so you are welcome to use them or take a look to get an idea of where to put them in the file system, but basically you need to make some .jpg's and convert them to .mvi, google for the conversion tool.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8617-BootLogo-s-for-you-all&p=63885#post63885

Thank alot now i just have to figure out where on the box i should put them. :-)

Floffy
26-05-11, 19:17
The EPG problems seems to have fixed it self.

Now i am just strugling to get the timeshift to work.. I would like to use the permanent timeshift option like i had on my relook. but i also cant get the normal timeshift to work at all.

i have also tried to get it work with an usb. but that also didnt work. there is just no picture when i am using the timeshift.

i would like to use the usb for the epg and timeshift and only use the harddrive for recordings. but i harddrive keeps booting up at channel change regardless of what i do..?

punisher
26-05-11, 20:15
have you picons installed? where have you put the picons?

Floffy
26-05-11, 20:23
have you picons installed? where have you put the picons?

I have actually tried to install some from the plugins menu. both on hdd and on internal flash. but it didnt seem to work so i decided to wait until the box is fulle running.

i have deleted them again through plugins menu and through ftp.

Floffy
26-05-11, 20:27
Thank alot now i just have to figure out where on the box i should put them. :-)

Found out... should be under USR/Share.... in your zip it looks like it should be in USR...

punisher
26-05-11, 20:27
thats ok then because if they were stored on ur HDD then that is why the HDD would spin up everytime you change channel. aslong as you delete them from flash and hdd you should be ok. recommended to put them on usb though but you might be better off doing it via your pc. you can download picons from the picons forum here, plug the usb in ur computer ... create a folder called picon on the root of the usb then move the picons into that folder. plug the usb back into your box and reboot and the picons should be loaded. make sure that usb is mounted as media/usb in device manager too

Floffy
26-05-11, 20:30
thats ok then because if they were stored on ur HDD then that is why the HDD would spin up everytime you change channel. aslong as you delete them from flash and hdd you should be ok. recommended to put them on usb though but you might be better off doing it via your pc. you can download picons from the picons forum here, plug the usb in ur computer ... create a folder called picon on the root of the usb then move the picons into that folder. plug the usb back into your box and reboot and the picons should be loaded. make sure that usb is mounted as media/usb in device manager too

many thanks.. that sounds like a good idea. from the plugins menu i could only install them on hdd or internal flash

punisher
26-05-11, 20:36
yeh it only gives you option to install it in those locations but ive always used my laptop to transfer things over to the box its much easier :p

drs101
26-05-11, 22:22
Found out... should be under USR/Share.... in your zip it looks like it should be in USR...

Yes just unpack the zip and look at the folders and it will be the same on your box.

Floffy
26-05-11, 23:31
Yes just unpack the zip and look at the folders and it will be the same on your box.

In your zip file there is one folder, usr
in that folder there is the folder enigma2 and the mvi files

on my box the folder enigma2 and mvi files had to be placed in the Share folder within the usr folder..

Saddle Sniffer
27-05-11, 08:16
floffy,

What is your impressions of the handset control is it well prepared?

Sniffos

Floffy
27-05-11, 16:53
floffy,

What is your impressions of the handset control is it well prepared?

Sniffos

Do you mean the remote control?

Saddle Sniffer
27-05-11, 19:22
Do you mean the remote control?

Yes, sorry, that is it, the remote control.

Sniffos

Floffy
27-05-11, 19:58
Yes, sorry, that is it, the remote control.

Sniffos

Actually i am not that impressed with the remote. it seems like an ok build quality but still has some cheapness over it..

especially the volume and program buttons isnt that good. some times i have to press the keys 2-3 times before they react..

But as soon i am finished with setting up the box and getting a felling of which buttons i use when. then i am going to implement the remote in my Logitech Harmony remote. :-)

CoolST
27-05-11, 22:17
The Clarke-tech RC is very good but if the batterys are new !
but after using the RC one month you need new batterys .
i have now Harmony RC and work very nice with ET9000 .

PR .

drs101
28-05-11, 15:06
In your zip file there is one folder, usr
in that folder there is the folder enigma2 and the mvi files

on my box the folder enigma2 and mvi files had to be placed in the Share folder within the usr folder..

yeh sorry mistake on my part

its is

/usr/share/

and the radio.mvi

/usr/share/enigma2/

Floffy
28-05-11, 15:34
yeh sorry mistake on my part

its is

/usr/share/

and the radio.mvi

/usr/share/enigma2/

Thats ok..

Honest mistake.. :-)

Floffy
28-05-11, 15:37
My status now is that hdd spin up and timeshift issues seems to be fixed. I did a new install. and that helped..

But now the epg problem is back.. :-(