PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] why can't i get cross epg to work?

canthackit
24-05-11, 08:34
Hello:D

after many many weeks months years i've finally got around to asking this question, why on any image can i not get crossepg to load channels permantly?

i tend to chop and change images regularly as you all know :rolleyes: ryvix works perfect, on the other hand with crossepg i tend to use the manual method and i just cannot get the info to stick, some channels are missed on various sats but D+ is the worst i'll down load the epg move the dish to another sat when i move back everything for D+ has been remove, sometimes when downloading it'll lock and crash and wipe whole lot.

i've tried the timed version and it's still the same, i've configured the setup alright as far as i can see i use sats 28.2E 19.2E 16.0E 13.0E 4.8E 0.8W.

so is there someone out there that can tell me why i'm having this problem? one other thing is i don't see anyone else out there having this problem, then again it is canthackit again:D

regards: canthackit

punisher
24-05-11, 11:29
always used crossepg but only for sky uk. have you checked to see the epg location in the crossepg configurations matches the epg locationyou have stored in the vix settings?

Sicilian
24-05-11, 13:10
Try setting up a swapfile in the ViX menu or choose less epg providers.

canthackit
24-05-11, 13:22
ok guy's
epg data always saved to usb, and corresponds with crossepg settings.

@
The Boss
awlays have swap enabled in this case 64 Mb.
how can i reduce the amount of providers and still update them all?
this one of the reasons i keep going back to VIX at least Ryvix updates all providers and they stay stuck :cool:

Sicilian
25-05-11, 11:08
Crossepg seems to use a lot of memory when select too many providers. Try setting your swap to the max, this its 96mb in vix swapfile manager.

canthackit
27-05-11, 20:54
ok thanks Guv i'll give it a try.