PDA

View Full Version : cccam setup for a dummy vu+ duo

joerogangolf
23-05-11, 12:18
hi guys & gals
just a few things first, nice site and looks like there is loads of helpful people. problem is i think i am stupid, been trying for 4 days now, trying diffrent tips etc i have been reading, this is my first post to ask for help. thought i could get it done, have set up a few spiderboxs which seem so easy compared to this. i have managed to load the blackhole image to my box but cant get the cccam loaded. dont exactly understand how to FTP it into the temp folder and then do a manual install from the green -> yellow button. and also what does this mean? put your own cccam.cfg file in var/etc cfg file, or how to do this. what is a cfg file and a var/etc, and when it says this do i put on a memory stick then try to transfer onto the box. sorry if this seems reallly stupid but at my wits end and dont know what to do. any help greatly appricated.

Larry-G
23-05-11, 12:30
you need to download a FTP porgramme first. i have a paid for version of FLASHFXP but you can use this just as easily

http://filehippo.com/download_filezilla/download/66139c2248b05a96a99951baed442dd3/

to login to the box you need it's ip address and the default login / password details for that image ( never used blackhole so i dont know these ).

once you are able to login to the box via the FTP programe login and navigate to the
/TMP directory. this is where you copy the .ipk file to ( a ipk is just like a windows .exe file its just a installer ). once this file is in the TMP directory, you will need to manually install it through the menu on the box / image.

as for the CCcam.cfg this is the file that tells your can what to do its a configuration file. you FTP that to /ETC on the box not var/etc. var/etc is for enigma 1 boxes the duo is a enigme 2 box.

joerogangolf
23-05-11, 16:04
HI THERE
am going to change to the vix image, seems to be easier to use. if i was to log into the box where would i go to on it for the vix image.

Larry-G
23-05-11, 16:06
the same locations i posted in my above reply

boxer29
08-06-11, 16:22
Have u tried vu utility 1.1 if I remember correctly ,all is in there ,just set up ur box in the profile and the settings which it remembers .u can add more boxes to that zo each willhave its ip and settings ,
Ive been using it but it opens up the bmedit in it as well