PDA

View Full Version : F plug caps

barrykap
23-05-11, 11:29
I have an array of F connector sockets mounted on a horizontal panel on an outside wall which are unfortunately upwardly pointing and so prone to water getting in the barrels. It is not possible to turn them downwards so I am having to wrap them with self-amalgamating tape when not being used. This is quite ugly and messy when accessing any. I have seen little plastic nylon 'blanking' caps supplied with F plug devices and these would be ideal.

Does anyone know where I can get 30 off from?

Thanks.

Barry

pooface
23-05-11, 11:41
I have an array of F connector sockets mounted on a horizontal panel on an outside wall which are unfortunately upwardly pointing and so prone to water getting in the barrels. It is not possible to turn them downwards so I am having to wrap them with self-amalgamating tape when not being used. This is quite ugly and messy when accessing any. I have seen little plastic nylon 'blanking' caps supplied with F plug devices and these would be ideal.

Thanks.

Barry

No-one can recommend outside suppliers to you I'm afraid, as that is one of the rules you sign up to when you joined the forum...

I would suggest however, that you speak to the site sponser...

I will leave the thread open for discussion about other alternatives, but please do not ask for anyone to link to another supplier. Hopefully, if the sponser can get these for you, he will post when he logs in...

Cheers

barrykap
23-05-11, 11:46
Sorry, didn't know about that rule.

I have looked on sponsors site but can't see any there.

Maybe an alternative 'home-made' solution would suffice.

Cheers.

Barry.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
23-05-11, 11:46
We've actually been trying to source these for a long while, we've seen them metal versions too, but finding them has proved quite difficult. If anyone knows a distributor please send us a pm.

portbhoy
23-05-11, 16:35
What you need is an f plug terminator google will find them for you.

barrykap
23-05-11, 18:13
But don't they short the plug out?

Even if not, they would surely be 'over-engineered' for what I want ie; I just need to weather-proof them.

Thanks anyway.

Barry.

Alias1
23-05-11, 22:50
Surely you can get these from any decent satellite shop over there

stick50jr
24-05-11, 01:36
But don't they short the plug out?

No terminations provide a matched (ie 75 ohm) termination rather than a short (ie 0 ohm) across the plug. This will prevent any reflections of the RF back up the line into the distribution amp / multi splitter / or whatever it is.

cheers

barrykap
24-05-11, 11:02
Thanks.

The 'other end' is just fed from LNB's. About 16 of them. I intend to connect them up to receivers when needed so nothing connected anywhere until used. Still think the terminators are wasting money really. Cost about 99p each from a brief search on eBay. I'll probably make some caps out of plastic rod etc.

Barry.

digidude
25-05-11, 17:36
i throw these away without even thinking about it.

PM me your address, and ill pull some off splitters etc and chuck them into the post for you m8

silverfox0786
25-05-11, 17:57
yeah yr right mate specially the plastic ones the get thown away although i did save a few and plugged em on the end of my unued ports of my octo lnb and slitters

digidude
26-05-11, 17:30

Thanks.

Barry

Posted some off to you today m8, keep a look out for a plain brown package :)

notanotherone
26-05-11, 17:35
Posted some off to you today m8, keep a look out for a plain brown package :)

you and your plain brown packages :roflmao:

digidude
26-05-11, 17:45
you and your plain brown packages :roflmao:

I had highlander the best with one, he sent me something and put something like 'from gay.com' on the front, so, i sent him a HUGE box, with a return address of a hotel in amsterdam, and sent it signed for, as i knew hed have to go to the main sorting office to collect it, printed a proffessional looking invoice, in a clear envelope, from 'mandolls for REAL men' lmao

inside was a single sheet of paper, saying something along the lines of 'GOTCHA!! tosser :)'

lmao

punisher
26-05-11, 17:48
Lmao digi better send b sendin u random shite then :p

digidude
26-05-11, 18:02
last year, i sent my sister a coconut that i had kidnapped and took all round the country (a long story lol) but when i sent it back, i knew shed be away, so i sent it recorded, knowing that my dad would be there to sign for it

i put a return address of a website that sounds like it sells extreme adult toys

she nearly died when my dad awkwardly said hed had to sign for something for her, and he still doesnt believe that it was me who sent it

lmao

:D

Stanman
26-05-11, 18:38
Thats food for thought, some nice practical jokes there. The mandoll gave me stitches.

punisher
26-05-11, 19:03
Lmao imma try that one digi xcept i could see my dad goin all guns blazin haha

barrykap
27-05-11, 14:06
I would just like to record a special message of thanks to digidude, who has sent me a quantity (more than enough too!) of the caps he had promised me.

It is very gratifying to know there are such good people on this forum.

I hope to be able to return the favour if I am able in the future.

Many thanks once again.

Barry.

digidude
27-05-11, 17:44
only too happy to help m8, like i pointed out, its little things like this, that i throw away without even thinking about it, as i dont need them for the job, and they have finished doing their job, protecting the connection from dirt etc before use.

I do sort through all my 'rubbish' and recycle everything, so its no problem to send them to somewhere theyll actually get used without them needing any further processing etc :)

notanotherone
27-05-11, 19:15
I hope to be able to return the favour if I am able in the future.

Many thanks once again.

Barry.
just as long as he doesnt send you anything in plain brown envolopes marked gayguys.com or pleasemesqueeze me doll .com

barrykap
27-05-11, 19:29
I don't mind things like this in ANY kind of sexy envelope! :-)

I have a few odd bits of old electronics/switchboxes etc which I never wanted to throw away so maybe I'll list them on here soon in case someone would want them. FOC of course but maybe a small contribution towards postage. Is there a section in this forum for these sort of things?

Cheers

Barry