PDA

View Full Version : Annoying problem

ultrasharp
22-05-11, 11:30
good morning guys.

i have a really annoying problem and im not sure if its something i have done or whther its the box , image.

i have a duo box with motorised dish, motirised dish is on tuner 1 and is set up as per bassethounds instructions via this link: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8404-Please-Help-A-Total-Newbie-with-motorised-set-up&highlight=usals, but i have used the none usals pdf as i couldnt get usals to work right.

i have 6 sattelittes stored on tuner A ands works great. On tuner B i have a fixed dish for sky uk and thats obviously fine.

the problem im having is on tuner A for some reason it keeps loosing its setting, last night i wanted to watch the boxing on polsat and all my channels were greyed out. so i went to setup, tuner A, and then i noticed that the only setting i had was astra2/ eurobird and all other sats had dissapeard, hence why the channels were greyed out, would not allow me to choose with left and right buttons the sattelites i wanted in tuner config nor if i went to satfinder would it allow me to choose anything other than 28.2 as thats all tuner would allow :(

i tried everything to get them back but only way was to reflash the box and restore settings i had saved on day of setting everything up, which then allows me to choose all sats rather than just 1

i hope ive explained this correct and hope some1 can help me from having to reflash the box every 2-4 weeks :(

basilyoung
22-05-11, 11:39
for a start of, if you are using a static dish and motor it you need to set tuner A to the static dish, and single sat, ie, 28 east lnb1

tuner B should be set up as a motorized dish, with all watchable sats added, in your case in advanced mode, with the various sat positions set up for each sat again set to lnb 1

your problem with greyed out listings is because tuner A can not access them due to being a fixed dish, with unused sats listed as available on tuner A

ultrasharp
22-05-11, 16:04
so do i need to put coax from motorised dish in tuner 2 and coax from static dish in tuner 1?

may sound a silly question, im not sure, but i put coax in tuner 1 from motorised dish as i thought thats where the power for the motor come from?

for a start of, if you are using a static dish and motor it you need to set tuner A to the static dish, and single sat, ie, 28 east lnb1

tuner B should be set up as a motorized dish, with all watchable sats added, in your case in advanced mode, with the various sat positions set up for each sat again set to lnb 1

your problem with greyed out listings is because tuner A can not access them due to being a fixed dish, with unused sats listed as available on tuner A

basilyoung
22-05-11, 16:33
motor should be tuner "2" ( B ) best to set the tuner config to simple, diseque 1.2 with your motor settings

static tuner is 1 ( A) this should be set to 28 east ( single sat )

ultrasharp
22-05-11, 18:51
right, just to be clear, coax from motorised dish goes to tuner lnb1 input in back of box, or lnb 2 input? or is lnb 1 input on back of the box the only input that gives power to the dish?

also wheres the very best place to get my logitude and latitude settings? as it seems my box is slightly off with what i have as usals dont get the position right, my mate had to come and line up the sats i needed. if i use usals and goto 28.2 its not finding it?

ultrasharp
23-05-11, 13:22
could somebody tell me pls, will both tuners on the back of a vu+ duo power the motor, or is it just 1 tuner that can do this.

i have followed basilyoungs instructions but if i try and scan motorisedf on tuner 2 then it dont find anything, if i put motorised dish coax in lnb2 socket on back of box it dont find anything on tuner a or b.

didnt think i was a total noob but this is beggining to make me think that perhaps i am!!

ultrasharp
23-05-11, 14:31
just cant seem to get channels to scan if i have motor as tuner B, what you think im doing wrong bro? on back of box motor coax is in lnb 1 on box, minidish coax is in lnb 2, i set lnb1 to tuner b which is motor and channels dont come in :-(

motor should be tuner "2" ( B ) best to set the tuner config to simple, diseque 1.2 with your motor settings

static tuner is 1 ( A) this should be set to 28 east ( single sat )

ultrasharp
23-05-11, 16:27
hmm, 116 views and only 2 replys, come on guys, help a man in need.

basilyoung
23-05-11, 21:13
this is not answer on demand mate, and if you read my replies, your question is already answer,d

TUNER A SHOULD BE STATIC DISH SET TO SINGLE SAT and set to 28.2 east ONLY lnb 1
TUNER B SHOULD BE SET TO SIMPLE OR ADVANCED set to diseqc 1.2, AND LNB 1
then add the various sats that you can watch, set up USALs to your location

ultrasharp
23-05-11, 22:00
mate that dont explain noting

on back of box where cable goes in u have lnb1 and lnb 2, what coax goes into lnb 1, motor or static dish?

and then that answers question, until u answer that your not being helpul.

thanks in advance!!

basilyoung
23-05-11, 22:06

on back of box where cable goes in u have lnb1 and lnb 2, what coax goes into lnb 1, motor or static dish?

thanks in advance!!

1 = A = static in tuner config set to 28 east lnb 1
2 = B = motor in tuner config set to simple or avanced as per my previous answer also set to lnb 1

both tuners 1 + 2 ( A + B ) BOTH USE SEPERATE DISHES therefore each tuner uses LNB 1 as each dish has only one lnb rather than multy lnb,s

But from your post so far, the indication is you need to do some reading,

Sicilian
24-05-11, 05:13

thanks in advance!!

You could always use the search feature and help yourself, all the info you need has already been posted.

ultrasharp
24-05-11, 07:10
well this is defo not working for me then

i have no disecq switch, coax running from motorised dish going into 2 = b in back of box, advanced in settings, 8 sats stored in 8 positions.
in 1 = a i have sky uk static dish using simple and single on vix.

motor is not being powered by 2 = b to be able to scan anything on tuner b, works fine on 1 = a but cant get nothing on 2 = b. sorrry about all this but think this is where my confusion lay, 2 days this has been now, all i want i satts not to grey out ;(

obv np with sky uk dish scanning but seems box wont power tuner B for motor to move, any ideas?

pls and thanks!!

1 = A = static in tuner config set to 28 east lnb 1
2 = B = motor in tuner config set to simple or avanced as per my previous answer also set to lnb 1

both tuners 1 + 2 ( A + B ) BOTH USE SEPERATE DISHES therefore each tuner uses LNB 1 as each dish has only one lnb rather than multy lnb,s

But from your post so far, the indication is you need to do some reading,

pooface
24-05-11, 13:35
sorrry about all this but think this is where my confusion lay, 2 days this has been now, all i want i satts not to grey out ;(

Have you tried doing a complete fresh reflash, and starting from new?

When it's greyed out, it's usually a satellites.xml cock up.

Does you motor support usals? If so, I suggest you use that rather than diseqc 1.2.

So, turn off the box. Unplug everything. Put your static dish on lnb1, motor on lnb2. Connect usb/power/hdmi etc. Now reflash the box with image you want to use. When finished, restart the box. Go through the set up, and set it up as said before. Tuner A = Single Sat, 28.2, Tuber B = Simple, USALs, enter lat & long.

Now, when it's finished, I would suggest downloading one of the pre-made channel lists, and use that. Then, try to move your motor...

basilyoung
24-05-11, 18:45
I have re read the orig post, and the various comments made by the ultrasharp, and get the feeling that ultrasharp is,nt any where near up to speed with the dual tuner units

first of all, a downloaded channel listing would be best, this can be got in the following way

menu/plugins....green button, a list will appear via the web download screen, select settings, and probrably the best channel list ( my opinion ) would be the CATSEYE listing

once downloaded, restart enigama

"disecq" there are a few variants, "no disecq" which would be used in tuner A for 28 east ( simple/single/28 east)
send disecq = no

tuner B ( motorized )

Advanced
satellite, 28 east
LNB LNB 1
priority auto
LOF universal lnb
voltage mode polarization
increased voltage yes
tone mode band
disecqC mode 1.2

logitude what ever it should be
latitude as above
use USALS for this sat yes

press ok

go back into tuner B config, and select say 19 east......set to lnb 1 then 13 east set to lnb 1 then 15.8 east set to lnb 1 and so on

when all sats are selected, press ok

exit

go to sat finder, and try 13 east, 19 east, 28 east

canthackit
27-05-11, 18:20
LNB1 is tuner A
LNB2 is tuner B

just to let you know and in spite of what Baz and he's a good guy.
i use the tuners the other way round ie tuner A motorised tuner B fixed
it works fine this way as well.

regards: canthackit

Alec
27-05-11, 19:34
I had Tuner A motorised on LB1 on advance settings, and LB2 on fixed dish simple without problems, this was on a Dream elite blackhole. I now use the fix dish on another box. My set up is on ViX 2.1, LB1 is motorised and LB2 is on loop through. Also if you have ViX 2.1 you can make a full image backup to either USB or HD. I have tested the HD and it does backup and restore everything.

tomthebomb1968
28-05-11, 02:41
]If you know your dish is alligned correctly and your lat and long you should use USALS, it works fine. I have tried both my static and motorised dish in both combinations and it works exactly the same as long as each tuner is configured correctly for the dish going into it.

Heres my config. Are you using a Moteck motor by any chance? A few have had problems with them not switching back on after using the static tuner. I had to bin my Moteck clone and replace with a TM2600 and that solved my problems.