PDA

View Full Version : start/stop script for oscam/cccam in VIX

dibun
21-05-11, 17:32
I want to automatically start oscam/cccam when the Vu+ boots. I also have a startup script but where should I put it?

punisher
21-05-11, 17:58
vix softcam manager has an auto start function that starts the cams on bootup. If you go into softcam manager theres an option there to autostart

dibun
21-05-11, 18:38
vix softcam manager has an auto start function that starts the cams on bootup. If you go into softcam manager theres an option there to autostart

I have installed oscam but it is still not visible in the softcam manager. Do I have to place the files in some directory?

Alias1
21-05-11, 22:33
I have installed oscam but it is still not visible in the softcam manager. Do I have to place the files in some directory?
Where is the oscam binary located it should be here
/usr/softcams/

pooface
21-05-11, 22:56

Obviously, you haven't installed the cam from here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5928-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images)... Your choices are to install the version of oscam from there, or download the latest svn version, and place it (as alias1 said) in /usr/softcams and chmod to 755...

Don't forget, the order of start occurs in the order added to the softcam manager, so add oscam to autostart first, then cccam...

dibun
21-05-11, 23:08
Where is the oscam binary located it should be here
/usr/softcams/

Thx for your answer. Is there any way to start/stop via the CLI?

pooface
22-05-11, 08:16
Thx for your answer. Is there any way to start/stop via the CLI?

If you have installed the correct version of cams from the link I posted above, you don't need to stop or start from cli... Just follow instructions I posted above...

Sent from Tapatalk

dibun
24-05-11, 21:48
I have a oscam autoupdate script where I need to specify path to start/stop script. So that's why I need to know how can I do it via the CLI.

pooface
24-05-11, 22:15
I have a oscam autoupdate script where I need to specify path to start/stop script. So that's why I need to know how can I do it via the CLI.

Personally, I believe it better to manually update, as with oscam, things can break easily with updates from what I heard...

However, if u did a simple "ps" command, you would see that the CLI command would be:

/usr/softcams/Oscam -b

I believe that should work for you assuming you have all files in correct location...

Alias1
25-05-11, 00:16
Stop command killlall -9 /usr/softcams/oscam
Start command oscam -b

lotar
14-02-13, 22:49
Is it possible to have a sleep in the beginning of both cams?

lotar
15-02-13, 17:03
nobody? or beter use a script in softcam manager?

abu baniaz
15-02-13, 18:44
What are you trying to achieve?

lotar
15-02-13, 21:36
start oscam
2 min sleep
start cccam

is it posible?

Tkr001
15-02-13, 23:21
Why do you need the 2 min sleep? the cams will autostart in the order you enable autostart do just start and autostard oscam before cccam if it is starting the server before the client you are trying to achieve.

lotar
15-02-13, 23:39
is just a curiosity, just to see if I can do it

satmanbasil
13-01-14, 16:29
Hi

With recent attemps by s*y to card pair my local card im finding the cam start does not know if the card is frozen i have the setting down to two mins but when the picture froze I waited over 6 mins and no restart so had to use the yellow restart button can any other script be added to check for freeze/hung picture.
Starting to get annoying as some days it goes for hours untouched then the next almost 2-3 times an hour.