PDA

View Full Version : Please Help: FTP, Picons, Bouquets Etc..... ???

shadowman007
20-05-11, 11:23
Hi I have seen the stickies but still can’t get some answers I seem to have a problem not knowing what stuff goes in what folder on the VU+Duo also some other questions so please all the help will be appreciated Thanks. Here are my questions

1. If I want to flash a new image to my VU+ box do I need to delete anything before flashing?

2. Which is a good ftp to transfer stuff to my VU+ box I did use Dreambox Edit but how do I send stuff to my box I can’t find these folders where I need to put stuff. So I ended up using this VU+ control centre thing which was batter and it used something called filezilla to ftp plus I could see folders infront of me for my VU+ box

3. Also where do these picons go what folder on the VU+? I know where the bouquets go I did ftp my picons folder where the bouquets were in etc/enigma2 but the picons didn’t show up on my VU+ box I have a folder that has over 100 picons from Silverfox0786

4. Also how to delete bouquets and make your own ones and then add channels to them and picons what do I need? I have tried it from the VU+ box but can’t add channels to my bouquets I think easier to do it on the pc then send it to the box

5. In the plugins section on the VU+ where are normally all these plugins installed? also if I send a plugin to my VU+ via my PC which folder on VU+ does it go in? and then do I have to install it or it gets installed automatically? Also how to remove a plugin aswell?

6. Also about skins you can download from the VU+ box but they don’t show up in Skins section and if I send a Skin from my PC to the VU+ again what folder does it go in?

7. Also this 7 day EPG can I install more than one? at the moment when I press the red button on my VU+ remote a epg comes up I think it’s called cool epg ??? something like that

8. Can I customise my remote control buttons on what button does whatwhen pressed? can’t seem to find a option on the VU+

As I said all the help will be appreciated I am very new to this stuff.

sonc
20-05-11, 11:49
1. No, although you may want to take a backup of your image and settings.

2. Filezilla is one of the best FTP programs. DreamboxEdit is a settings editor which includes an FTP program. You set the directories on the "Options" screen, just click the Enigma2 button, and it puts them in for you.
Then when your settings/channels/bouquets are as you want them, just hit "send to dreambox" and they all get copied to the right place automatically.

3. /media/usb/picon

4. DreamboxEdit

5. Plugins are normally copied to /tmp, and then you install from the plugins menu.

6. You have to install them as well as download. Then they will show up under "skins"

7. yes

8. There is a multi-quick-button plugin -not sure if that's the right name - allows you to program shortcuts into the remote.