PDA

View Full Version : @ Rat or Digidude RE: Free Sata to USB?

witchy
19-05-11, 21:18
Guys I saw Rats posts about the free usb adaptor.

Is it as easy as sending them a request and a copy of my receipt?

Surely this is not going to be the official fix, it was working fine (for me anyway) a few images ago then they broke it again!

digidude
20-05-11, 07:42
yes m8, email them directly, with a copy of your original purchase invoice, and they will fire one out in the post to you

Rat
21-05-11, 07:46
As Digi said Stu :)
I didnt take it to mean an officail fix more a temorary one to keep people happy :)

I use a USB HDD and recording was fantastic at 1 point and like you a certain image was put on and no more (watchable) recordings

witchy
21-05-11, 20:18
It's a lucky dip this.

My PVR functions are more or less perfect, I've even got the timeshift working again.

Are all your recordings broke John, or is it just certain channels. I'd like to test the channels that you have problems with.

digidude
21-05-11, 22:19
its random as fook m8, and unexplainable.

i 'had' timeshift working on the latest DW modified image this morning, tried something and bricked the receiver. Flashed it from exactly the same file, stored on the same usb stick as it was flashed from a few days ago, and just pressed pause on BBC1, and had 'Timeshift not ready' message on the screen, and pressing record just gives me the 'busy' graphic in the corner of the screen

i would look into why this same image is now not working like it was a few hours ago, but, i have something much more important to sort out, with 'RIZLA' written on it

Rat
22-05-11, 13:58
it seems encryped HD Channels Stu
Ive put some recoding up of SS1 and Disney Cinimagic on DW (just recored off mu iPhone) but you can clearly see total screen pixelation

I also uploaded a recording of BBC1HD (Dr Who) and that was perfect. so it proves the USB HDD is fine

witchy
01-06-11, 23:46
Ive put some recoding up of SS1 and Disney Cinimagic on DW

I'm not allowed on DW so I can not see your recordings.

Have you tried a different internal HD mate?

I had to try out 3 different HD's before I found one the machine was happy with.

My current HD is a Hitachi Deskstar.

PVR and timeshift function normally approximately 90% of the time. I'm rather pleased with it to be honest. :)